It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joy To The World!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Joy to the World , the Lord (spirit of light and love) is come!
Let earth receive her King (universal love);
Let every heart prepare Him room,
And Heaven and nature sing, (with harmonious interconnectedness)
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven, and Heaven, and nature sing.

Joy to the World, the Savior (of reconciliation of at one ment) reigns!
Let men their songs employ;
While fields and floods, rocks, hills and plains
Repeat the sounding joy,
Repeat the sounding joy,
Repeat, repeat, the sounding joy.

No more let sins and sorrows grow (fruitless causation of uncessary suffering),
Nor thorns infest the ground;
He comes to make His blessings flow
Far as the curse is found,
Far as the curse is found,
Far as, far as, the curse is found (non local, holographic phenomenon).

He rules the world with truth and grace,
And makes the nations prove (by the folly of their evil pursuits)
The glories of His righteousness,
And wonders of His love,
And wonders of His love,
And wonders, wonders, of His love.

Amen. (make it so)

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I love this song,,,I sing it all year.. My daughter says"but that's a Christmas song"haha! I sorta view it as you do too..
Peace

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by WwUdNoW

I love this song,,,I sing it all year.. My daughter says"but that's a Christmas song"haha! I sorta view it as you do too..
Peace

I think that song is copywrite protected. Best if you seek legal advice before you sing it again.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Thank you for something positive and happy!
~Peace

[and about the copywrite - LMAO funny]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
My purposes in referencing that well known Christmas carol, was to ask that people re-frame it within the context of many of the discussions we've been having here in the Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics forum of late, as nothing more than a pointer, as opposed to merely a "religious" song sung at Christmas. imho, it makes a number of very important statements and observations, when looked at in a certain context and frame of reference, which needn't require a purely "religious" viewpoint to "grok" it most fully, to borrow an interesting term from Heinlein's "A Stranger in a Strange Land".

First, note that the first word, and the theme of the whole song, is about JOY, not merely joy to a certain group of people, but joy to the whole world, and that this joy is present and exclaimed, because the Lord IS come, not is coming, or has come. It is a present moment thing. Here I've clarified Lord as Spirit, spirit of light and love, whereby light may be considered the light of God consciousness and love, the graceful expression of that higher will-intent and even as a type of universal connecting principal, as we may percieve in further exploration of this wonderful little carol.

"Let earth recieve her king" - earth is often distinguished from heaven as representative of the outward manifestation, whereby heaven can be considered an inward reality, as in "the kingdom of heaven is within you". Thus earth and by extension nature, is to recieve "her King" where King may be considered, not Jesus of Nazareth, but something hiearchical, with dominion, reigning over a realm or a domain like a king would a kingdom. Thus, within the context of the earth as a manifestation of a divine principal or a "kingdom of heaven", I have attempted here to clarify, or reframe the purely religious conception, both in terms of Lord, and King, from Jesus, as some sort of bearded man in the sky, to Spirit, and Universal Love, which may be considered as a type of first cause or the highest emination of spirit, such that the outward manifestation of nature becomes a true expression (grace) of the inward reality of God consciousness. "The time will come, indeed it is already here, when man will worship neither in the temple, nor on the mountain, because God is spirit, and truth, who seeks worshippers who worship in spirit and in truth." Note here in Jesus' reframe to the "woman at the well" that he did not point to himself and get her to worship himself, but instead pointed in effect everywhere, and said that God was "spirit of the universe"..

It is important to remember also, that within the realm or domain of earth, man sits atop the seven hiearchies of life, and is also, by design, the highest expression of the creative principal, and therefore, of God ie: made in the image of God (self aware, embued with free will, in perfect phi ratio proportion or a holographic chip off the old block).

more to follow.. must, go to sleep now.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Joy to the World, the Savior (of reconciliation of at one ment) reigns!

at what ment ? at one?

excuse me deluded new ager, allow me "enlighten" you:

dictionary definition of atonement:

a·tone·ment 1. Amends or reparation made for an injury or wrong; expiation. 2. a. Reconciliation or an instance of reconciliation between God and humans. b. Atonement Christianity The reconciliation of God and humans brought about by the redemptive life and death of Jesus.

Matthew 10:34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 “For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW; 36 and A MAN’S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD.

What was that you were saying.. ? at-what-ment ? aaaahahahahahaha

that one-ment baloney is something you are spouting without knowing really what it is or where it comes from.

You are confusing things bro...

I am perfectly fine not being at-separate-ment thank you very much...

The thing you should be at-one with is God through the Holy Spirit, and not other humans or ascended mater or any horse # like that.

If you want to know more about that, read the new testament and see what Jesus says about theese things himself.

Dont take my word for it (seriously)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
"Let them be so one that they will know you sent me."

Reconciliation between God and man is to be re-united with God via Spirit.

I find it odd a Christian arguing for separation and for his own separateness

We are one in the spirit, and the spirit of God is the spirit of God.

at one ment - yes, precisely, through reconciliation, just as I typed. It makes perfect sense.

No need to get steamed with me for seeking to illuminate such an extraordinary and valuable hymn.

"God is spirit and truth who seeks worshippers who worship in spirit and in truth."

New ager? Sure - I am very interested in the new age of the spirit of the living God having come to earth to live among us and within us with us in God.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

top topics

join