It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Slams Federal Reserve’s New Dictatorial Powers!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Ron Paul exposes the recent move to grant enormous power to the Federal Reserve. He also says the current administration is becoming unpopular now!

And Geithner is saying that swift action is needed to avoid another crash!?

“They’re giving a tremendous amount of more power to the Federal Reserve - the very institution that created our problem. That’s about the way Washington works,” said the Congressman

“The regulations should be on the Federal Reserve. We should have transparency of the Federal Reserve. They can create trillions of dollars to bail out their friends, and we don’t even have any transparency of this. They’re more powerful than the Congress,” said Paul.source

President Obama’s plan to give the privately-owned and unaccountable Federal Reserve complete regulatory oversight across the entire U.S. economy, which is likely to be enacted before the end of the year, will officially herald the beginning of a new form of government in the United States - an ultra-powerful banking dictatorship controlled by a small gaggle of shadowy and corrupt elitists.source

[edit on 19-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
From my eyes a cabbage has more power than congress over anything real in america.

Ron paul must know these mantras well now, he has been talking about the same things for along time now.

[edit on 6/19/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

You may be right, I like the vegetable comparison.

Though it is no laughing matter. While I know this is all planned, and eventually TPTB will do away with U.S. Sovereignty, I want to see some heat here. These schisters have it too easy...I hope they all lose sleep.

President Obama's plan to revamp financial regulations triggered immediate criticism Wednesday from both the political left and right over the expanded policing authorities given to the Federal Reserve while business groups grumbled about a powerful new agency charged with protecting consumers against abusive lending....

.....Analysts from the far left and the far right were even more critical, though banking and Wall Street analysts said the Fed was the most logical choice because of its extensive experience fighting international financial crises.
www.washingtontimes.com...

Sigh...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is the very worst part about it! The U.S. will be worse off than China?
Less than the U.S.S.R.?

This goes a step further than the centrally planned economies of the Soviet Union or Communist China, in that the Federal Reserve is not even accountable to the U.S. government, it is a private entity that according to former Fed chairman Alan Greenspan, is accountable to nobody but the banking families that own it.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Why does it seem like most of the recent legislation out of DC appears geared to protecting the STUPID and INEPT? You know this country is messed up when even the poor illegal aliens are fleeing and heading back home.
Thank goodness this rouge government is headed for bankruptcy. There won't be anything for the Federal Reserve to regulate when Obama is finished with his national mismanagement policies.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don't even live in America but this angers me to the very core... If I was in America I would protest against this, you can't let them do this to your country.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
god i love that man.....

second line for da haters

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
as i have stated a while back, if the people in america would have had there eyes opened and put ron paul into presidency, i would put a hundred dollar bill, that we would have a different looking united states today. owe well thanks for the post, its refreshing to see that there is still a couple of congressmen that havent sold this country out!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The federal reserve can't account for 9 trillion dollars yet we are going to give them more power. They have ZERO transparency.

I thought Obama was about transparency?

I'm sorry Liberals....you need to start criticizing Obama. This is freaking outrageous.

Let's give outright power to the 12 banks that run the federal reserve. NOVEL IDEA OBAMA.

For cripes sakes...I"m tired of this crap.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
The federal reserve can't account for 9 trillion dollars yet we are going to give them more power. They have ZERO transparency.

I thought Obama was about transparency?

I'm sorry Liberals....you need to start criticizing Obama. This is freaking outrageous.

Let's give outright power to the 12 banks that run the federal reserve. NOVEL IDEA OBAMA.

For cripes sakes...I"m tired of this crap.

You know, I saw something really disgusting on one of the Liberal shows the other day. They were saying that Obama needs to be more like Bush, in that Bush knew how to force his agenda through, but this time it will all be OK, because it's Obama, and it's the right things he will push through.

Really annoyed me that some of them are thinking this way, after they spent 8 years screaming about how bad it was for Bush to use executive powers and vetoes and the like. Misusing those powers, or just inventing new powers is bad no matter what.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Fork ron paul. He says he supports the official story on 911 and that tells me he's just as corrupt as bammer or bush.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
:up for all comments!

Edit to add: Cockroach Reserve!

reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

I am not too concerned about what Ron Paul thinks when it comes to 9/11...I am sure he was not part of 9/11 to any degree.

I feel sane for a few minutes after listening to him. Honestly...I do not know how anyone can overlook the fact that our country has just been handed over to a bunch of robbers!

[edit on 20-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I was raised with the mentality.
America is the people.

For the PEOPLE by the PEOPLE.

But since the new obama administration i see we are headed down a path i do not want to see for my neighbors and friends.

Wondering how am I or my friend's loosing there job's going to feed there family's pay there rent.
As obama get's us deeper and deeper in debt.

To be honest it bring's me to tear's the way America has turned its back on us.

We are atm so many of us in despair..no job's kid's to feed ect...
They can not stand up for what's right....They are struggling to live..In AMERICA.........
But if i was from another country MY government would give me loans to to buy a hotel or a 7/11.
Maybe even go to medical school.
Ironic isn't it.

Folk's it isn't right..
Something need's to come to a head like a zit.
So we can pop it get it off America's face forever.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think you're looking at this the wrong way. You're assuming that the politicians are passing laws to benefit the USA and the everyday joe therein.

And for TheAmused, neither your country nor mine has been for the people for a long time unless you are talking about a very specific subset of the population.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tatersalad

Indeed. It is unfortunate that Ron Paul was not elected, I believe this country would be on a better path if he were. Gotta love how during the debates there were so many people bashing Ron Paul and now everything he said would happen is becoming a reality... Sad to see that we are headed down this path.

[edit on 6/19/2009 by NJE03]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyborg_Watson
I don't even live in America but this angers me to the very core... If I was in America I would protest against this, you can't let them do this to your country.

Unfortunately the average American is too wrapped up in themselves or into reality tv. If you talk about this stuff with them they will laugh and think it's just a joke. Believe me i've tried bringing up this stuff and i get looks like i have three heads. Not until something happens when these degenerates of society finally have to realize all the " conspiracies" were true will they finally stand up.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You boys need to listen up! We love Ron Paul down here in Texas and he can make a few good calls now and then, but when it comes to knowing how to fix things, how to make things better, he's an idiot! Now if you are a follower of Ron's, then you need to ask yourself why such a minutely small percentage of people take him seriously? It is because he is.... an idiot, and if you are one who thinks his ideas will make the world function better, then guess what the vast majority of American minds will conclude what you are? Think about it, it will sink in eventually.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm going to make a point again, and you guys can tell me I'm crazy. Bush #2, and Obama, aka, the powers that be, are both playing for the same team. The NWO owns both of them. Bush #1 was a well known member of the NWO, and I'm sure Bush #2 didn't fall far from the tree.
Obama is finishing up what Bush#2 got rolling. It's all part of the plan. If you follow the logic sequence, and get over the idea of Republican or Democrat, you will see what I mean, and things will get much clearer. The real power people, the ones pulling the strings don't care who gets elected, as long as they control them. They aren't Rep's or Dem's, they're the control party--the NWO, and they want total control. They are very close now.
They run the FED, they have control of the largest banks, they control some of the largest companies in the country, and their next move is the health care field. They will have control o9f it soon. After that, it's the food industry. Folks, there's not muvh left after that.
Remember Bush 1, Bush 2, and Obama, all play for the SAME team. Obama doesn't do anything without the approval of his controllers. he can't even speak without a teleprompter. What's that all about?? he has to stick to the script as written for him.
we might as well get used to it, our days of simple constitutional liberties are over. Enjoy your little bit of time to think about them, they're almost gone.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pappie54
You boys need to listen up! We love Ron Paul down here in Texas and he can make a few good calls now and then, but when it comes to knowing how to fix things, how to make things better, he's an idiot! Now if you are a follower of Ron's, then you need to ask yourself why such a minutely small percentage of people take him seriously? It is because he is.... an idiot, and if you are one who thinks his ideas will make the world function better, then guess what the vast majority of American minds will conclude what you are? Think about it, it will sink in eventually.

Considering he wants to do the exact opposite of whats being done he's pretty much right on par. Everything that has been done up to today has caused our financial collapse doing the exact opposite such as Ron suggests couldn't make it any worse for the majority of people. The people at the top of the totem pole don't want to lose their position so they keep reinforcing the top, problem is you need to reinforce the bottom before the top or the whole thing will collapse as it's economics 101 taught at high school levels.

Right no too many people are caught in a paradigm propagated by the higher ups and because they do have money and power people foolishly believe what they say, after all their powerful so they must know what their talking about. Look at what Hitler did psychologically speaking it's no different other than the blatant deaths anyway.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mrpotatohead

You are absolutely correct. I was living in Chicago when Obama "became " senator. It was all over the radio and water cooler type conversation about how no one knew where he came from...he came form out of NOWHERE to be a US senator....Many in Chicago joked about how to pronounce his name...it was absolute madness that he even became senator, not to mention prez.

Then when he was senator...he was one of the worst senators we ever had...hardly ever voted, made zero to no contributions...fruitless. He was put on a path by some power greater than himself...because I know from experience he is all flash and little substance, he is a company man who is doing what he is told.

I am shocked to see Dr. Paul get treated with more respect on mainstream tv. That awful Chuck Todd (cant stand that nwo shill) tried to derail Pauls argument, but Dr. Paul was as eloquent as usual and for once had the last word.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join