It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophile says 'two strikes' law will cause deaths

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
You haven't been murdered. You're still living your life and you've obviously got the ability to type a coherent post here in a public forum.

Part of you may have changed but it's not like you have been murdered.

I'm living, yes. With such a split personality that I have to keep a careful diary so my other personalities will know what's been going on in my life when they take over. My life is like a jigsaw in which I can only see 1/4 of the pieces, and I never know, when I go to sleep or an under stress, who will take me over next.

The me who experienced the abuse is a separate persona, still a child, who I "met" quite recently. That little girl was deprived of life, and this group of personalities grew in order to protect the deep self from a pain the child couldn't bear.

Some victims are probably more resilient than others and can overcome what's been done to them. Other victims, hmmm... Note, I am not blaming victims. I'll never ever blame victims. However, victims do have a choice about how they can possibly recover, or not.

Not half you're not, with that smarmy judgemental "hmmmm . . . "

I've been used as an example of one of those who succeeded in "getting over it." Outwardly I have; I've lived a full life working, painting, looking after my children, demonstrating and working to change society, and doing charitable work.

But as for "getting over it", how easy it is for you to say that's a matter of choice. I've gotten over it alright, again and again and again. But nothing stops the slip back into suicidal depression, remembering the voices of my parents/abusers telling me to kill myself until I internalised the hatred and the message.

Perhaps you should try being raped and hated by your family from before you can remember until you succeeded in running away from home. Then live with the painful and debilitating physical and mental injuries for the rest of your life and see how you "get over it".

My earliest memories are of things being done that just could not be written about in a public forum like this.

One of the most caring bits of advice I was given was "Suck it up and get on with it".

The insensitivity of telling someone who was abused as I was to "suck it up" is enough to leave me choking all over again.

How about tomorrow you find a blind amputee and tell him he can just choose to recover.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
If you wanna answer, was yours a typical or especially bad case? And did you have other traumas growing up?

No doubt I think really bad cases of sexual, and other forms of abuse can ruin people's lives.

From what I've heard, molestation is a "dimming" of life, more than a complete takeaway, but I suppose if it's bad enough, life isn't even worth it?
i'm so sorry you haven't found peace *HUGS*

I find peace intermittently, thanks.

I would have killed myself long ago though except that I got pregnant at an early age, which is almost inevitable for a lonely, love-starved kid who finds herself on the street with no-one to turn to.

- People don't realise that abuse has long term ramifications, they think it's just a bit of unwanted sex.

Anyway, I had to hold myself together to care for my little girl. My next two children were born with handicaps, ... (genetic, I lived a healthy lifestyle,) and still need looking after, so I'm still here for them.

Thanks for the hug, it's much appreciated.
Some of the people I meet on this forum are truly special, wonderful beings.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
THis is a highly emotionally charged topic.

To Springer:

Thank you. I think generally most of us accept our Mods as clear-headed, and your action may give others the opportunity to re-think their own positions.

To Kallissa:

You have shared your story here, and I can only imagine how difficult that must have been. I don't think you have "cast your pearls" to the wind.

I know I listened. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

victims do have a choice about how they can possibly recover, or not.

One of the most caring bits of advice I was given was "Suck it up and get on with it".

Yeah, ok, whatever.

I've edited my post.

Why, because no matter what I say you'll never understand.

Ever.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

You haven't been murdered. You're still living your life and you've obviously got the ability to type a coherent post here in a public forum.

Part of you may have changed but it's not like you have been murdered.

No she hasn't been murdered, just part of her has been murdered. Part of her has been changed forever, and part of her has been murdered, never to be seen again. Perhaps she is living her life, but it's not the life she could have lived had terrible things not happened to her as a child.

Really what has her ability to type a coherent post in a public forum got to do with this. being able to type a coherent post does not imply that she is living a full happy life.

Some victims are probably more resilient than others and can overcome what's been done to them. Other victims, hmmm... Note, I am not blaming victims. I'll never ever blame victims. However, victims do have a choice about how they can possibly recover, or not.

I'll tell you what why don't you go tell a little 3 yr old girl that has been molested, or raped that she has a choice about how she can possibly recover or not.

If you were molested or raped as a child and that is one of the most caring pieces of advice that you received, then my heartfelt sympathies to you as that certainly is not caring advice for anyone let alone a child victim.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Good grief, I've never given out so many stars on this site, I got sick of it and had to quit reading 6 pages in.

I'm definitely a pacifist by nature, but when it comes to the harming of innocents that changes really quick.

It isn't some kind of sick blood lust to want these people dead, it is normal human decency. We don't even think of them as people, but more as monstrous animals that NEED to be destroyed, for the sake of everyone.

I wish with all my heart that this wasn't even a debate. I wish everyone felt that this was a crime that should be punished with death.

While I'm daydreaming, I wish that Superman were real. I just know that he would dedicate at least an hour a day to dropping pedophiles from extreme heights.

Bleeding hearts are worn on the sleeves of those with no real empathy or sympathy, naive and misguided at best...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
It appears that most of the discussion is about the symptoms of the society, not the root cause of the symptoms.

Is it me, or is part of the problem society's taboo on the subject of sex and sexuality?

If kids in school actually would get knowledge about this, maybe, just maybe things would change?

Society's inability to accept sexuality, at almost any level, seems to me as the very thing that screws people up.

Sex; being fundamental for human life, is suppressed in our day and age. And when there is no education and a willingness to teach children(for their sake?) about sex, we get people who have a fogged up attitude towards sex.

Children should, imo, be taught about the fundamentals of human life as early as possible, and sex is a fundamental part of human life.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

If there's a response to that post I'll be very suprised.. You may have stumbled across something very disturbing there

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

Let me assure you right this minute. It was no stumble.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

It does appear quite a lot deeper than that.. thanks for the link to the other threads highlighting it, I'll be keeping one eye open methinks...

Good post, have a star

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Originally posted by Kailassa

She apparently has "sucked it up and got on with it."

Justice is not served.

We relinquish our Right to retribution in order to maintain a society with Justice.

When Justice is not served, then one gives away their Right to Retribution for no reason.

Many people "get over it." Many people live fine happy lovely lives.

It still should not happen. Ignoring it is akin to letting that person move along and do it again.

This sort of thing messes up adults. In a child, it drastically changes the person you are. Finding ways of coping with a trauma that will exist with you forever.

Hacking out pieces of a person is not something to be glib about.

You are correct. People need to find a way through. Too bad that the people we are talking about are children, whom think that eating quarters is a good way of pooping out fun stuff.

Most adults don't have a successful means of dealing with this sort of trauma. Children have even less, and little life experience prior to sort it out on. It becomes a part of the "back drop" of NORMAL life. Do you get that?

This trauma isn't an abnormality in an otherwise normal life. It becomes your normal life - because YOU ARE A CHILD and that is the way that your brain works then.

That fact that one must find a way through, does not negate the necessity to deal with the personal and societal impact of these criminals at the source.

You want to know when you would fix these criminals? When the window of opportunity is? It opens when they are a child/pre-teen, and close before they become an adult. You know, the period of time when no one would dare touch them and you cannot ethically label them, AND people dismiss Little Johnny and Jane molesting their cousin who is 5 years younger than them as an "opps" instead of a sign that they've got a gigantic problem.

[edit on 2009/6/22 by Aeons]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

attack the article not the OP are the rules of the site - so whilst he might have a `vaild` point in his opinion - thats not what ATS is about .

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

why is the death penalty so `wrong` in the eyes of the PC crowd i will never now - rape (both adult and child) , murder ,child abuse , fraud , should all carry the death sentence.

hang `em high.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
ATTENTION:
Please focus on the topic - in a civilised manner.

We are not here to attack our fellow members or make accusations towards them.

Civility and Decorum are Required

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
and what of all teh `children` 11 , 12 year olds raping 4 year olds? a number of thread on ATS over the last few days have said just that

the gang rapes by 14 year olds.

what of them?

terra IS right on that issue - where do you draw the line?

if you say padeo`s cant be rehabilitated - does that count for all those who rape children? including the 11 year olds who rape 4 year olds?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join