It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to keep your butt Alive

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by findlesticks

I have a few Bug out bags, as you call rucksacks. They are full but each one contains different items. I have all first aid and herbal remedies in one. The others are full of misc survival stuff.

I think a 4 season tent would be best with extra tarps and tie downs.

I bought a lot of those water purification tablets plus about 10 gallons of Clorox bleach to disinfect water, even though a few drops is needed. It would be difficult to tote the bleach and food storage but I have a truck, as well to get out of Dodge if needed.

Thanks for sharing that useful information!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
All in all, pretty good information. I just think it is good to see others with that same sense of "impending doom" that I feel. It's just a feeling of something big is coming down the pipe. They say listen to your heart and instincts, well I hope to god, or other multi dimensional state/being that I am wrong. Is there a good way to talk to the neighbors and your friends about this stuff? I agree that they will all think I am a crackpot. (until the SHTF and they see who is armed and prepared!) I have slyly figured out who is armed amongst my neighbors (good guys) and who voted for Obama...er, ah I mean those without firearms. (bad guys, or sheeple). Let me be the first to say this.

Thank you all for your input and suggestions. A lot of this information will help in a survival situation. If anything bad goes down, I will mark my location discreetly with ATS (flag or paint) That way you will know a few things.
1. A am prepared to survive
2. I am armed....very armed
3. If you shout out what ATS means to me I will do my best to help you.

My ramblings cease here.

Be well, be safe!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nostrashawnus

You feel exactly like I do. When I tell friends or family about this they do not want to hear it. They call it glood and doom. I have one friend who listens to me but I also scared the cr@@ out of him. He has now bought a milking goat and chickens. I only have the chickens.

The reason I dont want a goat is they need to be milked twice a day without fail.

It's those of us that are prepared that will have a higher survival rate not if but when SHTF.

Something is in the air. DHS, NSA and FEMA are all set to go. I still havent figured out what it is but doubt it's the flu, as they claim. An economic panic and martail law is my first idea. Others have different opinions.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thank you for your thread OP SnF to you.

May I suggest if you are interested in what people are placing in their BOB's in case of SHTF that you read another ATS thread called Stock Up, This is Not a Test by mopusvindictus and currently is 11 pages and growing.

Not trying to hijack your thread just to add extra reading material to like minded readers. Sorry for the interuption...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

in which several posters have expressed contents and how to bury one in case of government seizure before bugging out!

These are indeed worrying times...

[edit on 9/11/2009 by IceHappy]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Glad you posted! Brought my attn to this thread and I have enjoyed it. But two posts above this one, wonderworld made me think about something.

There are alot of us. After SitX, we can proceed to survive and help others while everyone else tries to make do thinking we were a bunch of idiots.

Think it'd be a good idea to have a symbol? The logo in the upperleft of the site might not be good enough. An insignia of some sort which would allow us to identify each other after technology has crashed? A way to identify the people that were wise enough to see it coming and smart enough to stay alive after?

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Arrowmancer]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

Thank you and yes Ive been to that other thread and posted, flagged and starred it. The more the better!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrowmancer

That is a great point about being able to identify each other in a special way; however the problem listing it on here is there may be federal trolls readng as well. Maybe in a U2U.

It will be a difficult time to trust anyone.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Been watching your thread... great info... and thank you!

I had posted somewhere on ATS under this same topic.... if you have young children and plan on buggin' out, there are inexpensive backpacks made especially to carry a young child. My child is nearly 4 yrs., 35 pounds and growing, but still fits in it and I can carry just fine for quite a distance. I'm small framed, but in good shape, and take my child on hikes often with the pack. Granted, my husband will have to carry the regular pack, but I can still wear a waist pack for basic needs and a front conceal-carry pack for immediate defensive needs. Together, we can move our family and necessities fairly quickly.

I'm praying it doesn't get to the point that buggin' out becomes necessary... I agree that it's much better to know your own fortress and have all you need stored nearby.

What concerns me the most is extreme weather. All the preparations in the world may not be enough for most people to deal with freezing temps.

I love the idea of a symbol to recognize each other. Has anyone thought about how to communicate the symbol on a larger scale, without letting the cat outta the bag for those who should not know?

S & F for you. By the way, I also love the avatar... very eye catching.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by honda_queen

Long term?

Learn to make alcohol. Not enough to get you drunk from drinking a daily amount, but enough to sterilize.

You can also use tea to sterilize it I believe.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by packinmomma

Thank you!

Yes it would be nice to know we could stay in our home and remain safe. I have the idea that Obama's National Security force will be going door to door to help and aid people to Fema camps for their "protection" This would be the reason I would bug out in a hurry.

I understand Fema can truly be a help but the odd thing is they are now connected to DOD, DHS, NSA. This tells me many will be seen as anti-government terrorists. Simply for not agreeing with their rules.

The threat of Martial law is scary and supresses the Constitution while it is enacted, We would have no rights.

With executive orders they can take our food, all modes of transportation, gardens, etc.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Also Very Important.

You are going to have to learn this stuff.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Very good info here in this thread. We need to keep this one alive for as long as possible. On great piece of information that I have not seen posted is an ebook that I think everyone here should read. It's called "Lights Out" and it deals with the collapse of society. Believe me..it is an awesome book full of information. Here's the link, save it to your hard drive and print it. You're gonna have to click and paste the entire link.

www.survivalmonkey.com/SF%20books/LightsOut!/LightsOut-Current.pdf

Enjoy and luck be with you all.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by UndergroundMilitia]

[edit on 4-10-2009 by UndergroundMilitia]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by UndergroundMilitia

Thank you,

Yes it's very important. I also downloaded all the free survival and hunting ebooks. Thanks again for adding a link.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Yes It's good to know how to gut a Squirrel. I thought if everyone shot one deer there would be none left. Cajun or seasoned Squirrel may be all we have in times of despair.

I have a few small traps and snares in one of my BOB's. Plus a wrist rocket with extra ammo.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I also bought the hard liquor to drink, as well as disinfecting. Also a few bottles of rubbing alcohol and peroxide. You'd be surprised how much a person needs to tend to a bad wound.

I dont like the idea of sticking maggots in a would to eat all the dead tissue. Sorry to be graphic. I guess as a last resort maybe.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
More and more specific type sites like this one are catering to a specific survival groups or homesteaders.

I just joined not to long ago.

www.countrysurvivalguide.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I am fortunate in that my husband and I own some acreage and we live on it... It is in the woods on a mountain with only one main road in and then there are trails that are accessible by horse, foot, 4 wheelers and such.... My family has all said that when the SHTF they are coming to my house....

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait
How many of us are really prepared for Survival? sure we'll run to the hills when and if something happens, but most all of us. (Talking about us who are aware something might and is going to happen in the near future) only have the plans in our head. We sat and thought about what we'll do, maybe we even Purchased the survival books, but i think that's about it.

My plans involve money, Buying land and setting up a farm style community for no more than 10-15 people. But these ideas involve buying land and that means cash or debt. The latter you don't want and the former I don’t have.

I got $3,000 in savings, my Cosco card (For bulk Purchases) and a getaway Truck. A quick stop at the shop for long life supplies and camping gear.

This is an old thread perhaps nobody will read it but: My #1 survival tip:

#1)Ever see video "footage" of panicked people mobbing a store after an emergency scrambling for every last battery and hoarding bottled water amidst a raging mob?

***Don't be those people... it's dangerous;stupid and unnecessary.***

YOU ALREADY KNOW "Something"(?) ( longterm power outage/ winter storm/flu epidemic/ Japanese radiation fallout/zombie hordes) will happen in your lifetime.
"How? I can't afford two cans of beans now is not an excuse.! Better to put some canned goods away now than "wait" for he planned ultimate underground yuppie survivalist bunker with the SOLAR 12v expresso machine that may never appear.

Originally posted by SharkBait
And I’m on the way to No where. Unless I get a windfall and can afford a piece of land in the near Future.

edit on 26-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bmck12
I am fortunate in that my husband and I own some acreage and we live on it... It is in the woods on a mountain with only one main road in and then there are trails that are accessible by horse, foot, 4 wheelers and such.... My family has all said that when the SHTF they are coming to my house....

Sounds Excellent! kudos

That's an often heard remark" (shtf We're covered: We're coming to your house! we get that too) Its meant to be "funny" but its not. Wouldn't be a bad idea to bring it up at the next family reunion:"Look :"We are taking this situation seriously; We have room on the floor for 6 more but we are not stocking food for 6 more so if you think its a good idea to show up on our doorstep better make a contribution by bringing your own grub,and no teen "friends" and friends parents and their friends unless you want open your barn as a public shelter and take responsibility fora small town.The fewer people that know the better.( he said on the "internet!")
:

edit on 26-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join