It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First A Jellyfish, Now A Dragonfly... Giant Crop Circles Just Get Weirder

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Just my opinion on your points.

#1. Proves nothing really, just an anomaly
#2. Lets assume for a minute that they are a far more intelligent species than us, I would guess that they would appeal to our higher intelligence, to simply carve a design that said "High guys were here!!" would be instantly dismissed a s a hoax.
Maybe they are being slightly more subtle using binary code........and I'm no expert here but have we not sent binary coded messages into space?.....anticipating a reply?
Binary code would seem to me a very suitable method of communication.

#3. Hmmm...Photo similar to a sci-fi film depiction, I would argue that Hollywood has taken this depiction from the public at large rather than vice versa.

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Argyll]

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Argyll]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Found another write up on military lasers used to make crop circles.
The mention in the article about animals found (dead) in the circles, such as birds, hedgehogs and their bodys were dryed out as they would have been if exposed to microwaves.

It is likely that these geometric designs are due to the firing of an aerial military microwave cannon, piloted by computer. The arguments supporting this view are as follows:

Why Microwaves:

Research by Dr Levengood (of BLT Research Team), an American biophysicist, corroborated by the analyses of Ken Larsen, a British biologist, has shown that the way in which the stalks (wheat, rapeseed…) are flattened without being broken or damaged [p. 25…] is typical of a UHF microwave effect. Thus one can see stalks of rapeseed curving at 90 degrees, the flowers of which are still intact, although those same rapeseed stalks break easily when one attempts to bend them over by hand [p. 151]. The new position taken up by the plant becomes fixed. It continues to grow horizontally [p. 3 and 158] and breaks if one tries to return it to the upright position [p. 140].

Phenomena of electromagnetic origin have been observed at the locations: irregular compass behaviour [p. 172], disturbance of electrical apparatus [p. 44, 60 and 172-173], disturbance of radio frequencies, luminous flashes [p. 34, 52, 65 and 95], cracking sounds [p. 52, 63, 66 and 172-173], animals obviously unwell [p. 65 and 81], dowsing effects [p. 177-178], etc. Numerous positive effects (spontaneous cures, feelings of peace…) or negative effects (temporary paralysis, mental confusion, loss of memory, terror…) have also been observed in humans [LP98]. Let us remember that certain effects could also be explained by a reaction of fertilisers or pesticides subjected to microwave radiation, a reaction which could release toxic gases [LP98, who mentions organic phosphates]. The appearances of luminous flashes and the cracking sounds are not inevitably objective phenomena and they could be only feelings induced in the brain of the witness by an electromagnetic field. Albert Budden gives an example of such magnetophosphenes: "If the brain of the subject is exposed to an [alternating] magnetic field whose frequency varies from 10 to 100 Hz and whose power varies from 200 to 1,000 G, the subject will see flashes of light [...] in the top left corner of his visual field." [AB98 p. 59-60, citing research by L. Ruttan, M. Persinger and S. Koren].

www.ovnis.atfreeweb.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Very interesting. It does show that circles are not made by your average plank-wielding hoaxer.

A lot of the explanations could also be used to argue that they are made by UFO's.

I'm still working on this one though: The progression of the intricacy of the designs as our technology advances. I'll get back to you on this one.

Great read -- thanks!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
I want everyone on this thread to have the opportuity to read what was posted on the Jellyfish thread...by a couple that actually visited the Jellyfish crop circle, and took pictures.

Interesting that they said this:

Originally posted by Gregandgemma
The crop was very high, approx 4.5 foot so was difficult whilst in the jelly fish to establish exactly which part we were in but we were towards the head as we enetered.

In the photo it is only waist high.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f691a91ce18b.jpg[/atsimg]

That makes Greg about 10 feet tall!

He's an alien

ps Greg....had you just had a pee when this shot was taken?

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Very interesting. It does show that circles are not made by your average plank-wielding hoaxer
....snip...
The progression of the intricacy of the designs as our technology advances.

Or the "plank-wielding hoaxers" are getting better with practice.

[edit on 5/6/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
A video of the Dragonfly Crop Circle, comprised of pictures...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
On the ground, some ground shots...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
So the idea behind crop circles is that they were made by the underside of a landing ufo, right?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OKCBtard

Someof the more basic crop circles have been specualted on to be made by UFO's...some simple ones have been made by humans, as pranks and projects.

The more complicated ones have sets of evidence that require a closer look, such as this Dragonfly, and the Jellyfish Crop Circles.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

ooh this is very eerie for me. I had been getting fire dragon symbols/omens yet about a year ago dragonfly symbols became very frequent as well. I have always loved dragonflies and thought they were special.. they almost look metalic sometimes. stunning creatures and so is the art work.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-6-2009 by riley]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I personally find nothing interesting or strange about these, considering both animals are native to this planet. What is strange is why a bunch of aliens would make a very weird underbelly to their craft to look like animals of earth! Unless of course they have these species on their world as well. Also looks like it would make that spaceship hella awkward looking. I say nay to these elaborate pranks! Of course I am incredibly ignorant of the subject so, have at it!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Genus_Unknown

I believe the Jelly Fish is by far the more precise and harder to debunk, the dragonfly looks as if it is man made though very rough edges.

Just compare them both, which looks more Precise.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Than that solves it these are the people who made the Jelly Fish crop circle it shows it on the website check it out.

Lame I though it was Ice crystals or lense flare.

-Psycho.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

Both creatures are from the same planet. Geeeeeze I wonder what life form here could have the capability to create such an image. A fish perhaps? no......maybe a bird! No thats not right either......Oh I know! Maybe its the farmer trying to get some attention and his name in the paper! No that doesnt sound right, it ios obviously some sort of intergalactic/dimensional space creature that like to have dragon flys on the bottom of their ship.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
A nice work of ART.

I love crop circles and the mystery and meanings behind them, but this dragonfly is quite obviously man made and I will tell you why.. sorry if it was already said.

The wings are NOT symmetrical. They are close, but not perfect. If it were really some supernatural or alien force is creating folded corn stalk patterns, I would expect them to be absolutely geometrical in an artistic AND mathematical way, can we not all agree upon that simple fact? Am I being to rough of a critic on crop circle creators?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed
A nice work of ART.

I love crop circles and the mystery and meanings behind them, but this dragonfly is quite obviously man made and I will tell you why.. sorry if it was already said.

The wings are NOT symmetrical. They are close, but not perfect. If it were really some supernatural or alien force is creating folded corn stalk patterns, I would expect them to be absolutely geometrical in an artistic AND mathematical way, can we not all agree upon that simple fact? Am I being to rough of a critic on crop circle creators?

Why would you expect them to have standards of mathematical perfection on an insect that is imperfect? Accurate does not have to mean symmetrical as a real drogonfly would not be so mathematically exact. Someone can have a "perfect" face for example but there will always be even a micro fraction of difference between the left and right side.

..besides which if it was symmetrical I would be more inclined to think it was man made as it would be easier to map out and plan with the help of a computer.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by riley]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

I'm starting to feel like all these crop cricles done by advanced military satelite lasers.

yeh.. i've been thinking that for a long time.

-

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

jellyfish crop circle?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

Again, the wings are the same size, the photo was taken at an angle, which is also why the circular top of the crop circle is also larger on one side. There are other photos that are more straight on and when measured are the same size. The tram lines also make the wings appear uneven but they are not centered with the dragonfly.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jkro21

"swimmers are facing yet another menace that has the potential of keeping people away from our shores: an invasion of jellyfish. Hundreds of jellyfish have been appearing off Gnejna Bay and on the surrounding beaches"

Ahhhh the aliens were trying to warn us of the above!!!

Back on topic, the dragonfly.....think I have solved it!!!

www.smh.com.au...

technology.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Here's the problem I have with that theory. According to the posted article above claiming that same thing, the military also puts "fake UFOs" above the site while making the circles in order to keep the UFO believers believing.

BUT -- I could buy this explanation if there were 4 circles a year, maybe at most once a month.

I find it incredibly hard to imagine that the military is testing their lasers and flying fake UFOs 3 - 4 times per week. Even at once a week - that seems a little excessive/expensive for equipment training.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join