It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs- Are They Alive Today

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Yeah, it was Monsterquest...they'll be showing it a few times this month....

www.history.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Much Thanks for Karl 12 for bringing this information to light, I hope other view his thread:

Giant Octopus

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/390a0a2db856.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/399c3911a31c.jpg[/atsimg]

Giant Octopus's have long been rumored to reach dinosaur like proportions. In fact they are Dinosaurs..... Well from the period...

[edit on Jun 5th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

TheMythLives,wonderful thread!
There are certainly some very interesting accounts out there

Always been fascinated with the giant snake reports- heres a recent fossil find unearthed from Columbia

Fossil of giant 13-metre snake found in Colombia

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f32bf716426.jpg[/atsimg]

Scientists have uncovered remains of the biggest snake ever known at the site of an ancient South American rain forest in Colombia.

Titanoboa cerrejonensis measured 13 metres, weighed as much as a small car, and had a body more than a metre thick.

The monster relative of the boa constrictor lived in northern Colombia 60 million years ago.

Palaeontologist Dr Jonathan Bloch, from the University of Florida at Gainesville, US, who co-led the expedition to Colombia, said: “Truly enormous snakes really spark people’s imagination, but reality has exceeded the fantasies of Hollywood."

www.irishtimes.com...

Historical testimony of giant snakes:

"I sprang for my rifle as the creature began to make it's way up the bank and smashed a .44 bullet into its spine. At once there was a flurry of foam and several heavy thumps against the boats keel, shaking us as though we had run on a snag. We stepped ashore and approached the creature with caution. As far as it was possible to measure, a length of 45 feet lay out of the water and 17 feet lay in the water, making it a total length of 62 feet. It's body was not thick, not more than 12 inches in diameter, but it had probably been long without food."
Colonel Percy Fawcett,Officer of the Royal Engineers -Amazon Diary.

"We saw the snake asleep in a large patch of grass. We immediately opened fire upon it. It tried to make off all in convulsions but we caught up with it and finished it off. Only then did we realize how enormous it was, when we walked around the whole length of its body it seemed like it would never end. What struck me was its enormous head, a triangle about 24 inches by 20. We had no instruments to measure the beast, but we took an arms length of string and measured it about one meter by placing it on a man's shoulder and extending it to his fingertips. We measured the snake several times and each time we got a length of 25 strings. The creature was well over 23 meters (75 feet) long."
Bernard Huevelmans, the 'father of' Cryptozoology.
Encounter with a group of Frenchmen and Brazilians.

"The visible portion was at least 80 feet long and the body was as thick as an oil drum. It was throwing up a wake as large as a river.
Father Victor Heinz -whilst on the Rio Negro,Amazon River,1925.

creaturefeaturecryptozoologymagazine.blogspot.com...

Photographs:

Theres nothing to put the snake into perspective but it does look to be a rather large one
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38b77ba7cea4.jpg[/atsimg]

This is an interesting image - don't know how genuine it is though.

Pilot takes photograph of giant snake:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de20526402ee.jpg[/atsimg]

Interview with pilot:
www.youtube.com...

And,whilst not being a truly giant snake,this vids well worth a watch

www.youtube.com...
Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

This is awesome, perhaps that is the type of dinosaur that the WWII pilot saw. It is an authentic photo and just maybe he saw and photographed a living dinosaur...

And here the video again, just to make sure people see it:

[edit on Jun 6th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Do you have any more information on the human skull discovered in the Jurassic layer? I searched the web but was only able to find a sentence about it on one site but would like to read more.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Actually, I have heard of this. Infact I think there have been a few reports of skulls and bones being found in quite a few layers. I will be right back and let you know what I find..

Thanks for bringing this up

[edit on Jun 7th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Thanks! Looking forward to it. So far, the first I've heard of it was mentioned in your video in your second post:

www.youtube.com...

It is briefly mentioned at the 36 seconds mark.

Then I Google searched it but only found one sentence on it from the following site:

www.livingdinos.com...

This fossilized human skull is in a Jurassic rock layer. It was discovered in Peru.

I'd be really grateful for whatever information you can dig up.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Not to worry, all I found was your site that you used:

This fossilized human skull is in a Jurassic rock layer. It was discovered in Peru.

And heres the pitcure:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7e74651a731e.jpg[/atsimg]

However, I was able to come across a few Articles from Crytozoology.com and few other places, but the links do not work. Apparently I cannot find a full article. I attempted to look in the peruvian newspaper, but I do not know how to operate it.

I know they found it, here's what I was able to get off a google search:

In 1993, a Peruvian newspaper reported that a human skull was discovered in. Jurassic rock in the Paracas National Reserve. Archaeologist Dr. Dennis

LINK TO GOOGLE SEARCH

Like I said there were other places, but this was the most detailed search returned one....

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Some great information and pictures here Myth. I didn't even know some of these pictures existed, especially the giant snake! Good thread, a great source to come for crypto studies of large animals.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thanks for the kind words they are much appreciated. Well, it could not have been this well created and it could not have grown without the help of the posters and the researchers here on ATS. They deserve a HUGE portion of the credit.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I have a question about that picture.

Is the man in the hat showing us another fossil, under his hand? The one that is darker, and looks like a fossil (but not much, at all, like a Human skull) or, is he claiming that pristine white Human skull is the fossil??

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Well weed wacker I think its the one under his hand. That makes more sense to me. At first I thought it was the white one, but I saw this darker one under his hand. I could be wrong..

[edit on Jun 7th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

My google search found a Peruvian sloth fossil. Significant because it was much older than others. From the Mio-Pliocene, about 5 Million years.

The orbits in the sloth's skull face forward. Could be mistaken, possibly, for a Human ancestor?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I really do not know, there just simply is not enough documentation on the fossil. Need to keep searching for this...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is a great thread

There are some very interesting reports here from Arthur C. Clarke about monsters of the deep
www.youtube.com...

and this is a winner of a thread about giant insects:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Congrats on this thread, and your other one you have going now, on dimensions. I am learning so much!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Glad to hear that. Knowledge is power. Hopefully, we learn not only the knowledge, but learn to understand. Which is the key to all knowledge....

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

we learn not only the knowledge, but learn to understand. Which is the key to all knowledge....

Yes, and some of us have to put it into language that make its more familiar to us.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

If you believe in creationism, then you don't believe they existed at all.

I thought we were supposed to "defy ignorance" here? This is pretty ignorant. I believe in creationism. That is, I believe that there is a God that created the heavens, the earth and everything that inhabits both. Why couldn't God create the dinosaurs? Then, after that "experiment" of sorts failed, He created mammals, including the monkeys who evolved into us. It is not impossible for a so-called "creationist" to also believe in evolution? Because I sure do. Evolution, but by the hand of God. Hate speech like this, just to be hateful, is a disgrace to this fine website, and humanity in general.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ngoogs

ngoogs, I think this is a very reasonable statement that you made:

It is not impossible for a so-called "creationist" to also believe in evolution? Because I sure do.

THAT is the sort of thinking that usually prevails here. I think the other member may have mistaken you for a YECreationist?

However, having said that, I'll quibble with you on this:

Why couldn't God create the dinosaurs? Then, after that "experiment" of sorts failed,

Unless by 'failure' you mean a large asteroid hit and extinguished the majority of the then, thriving, species on the planet?

You continued:

...He created mammals, including the monkeys who evolved into us.

I am afraid that is too simplistic, and unfortunately gives ammo to the YEC crowds. The lines of simians that we are related to are simply...relations. There is common ancestry, but the divergence occurred millennia ago.

AND, as this nice thread is pointing out, maybe not all dinosaurs went extinct. I guess the speculation here is that a few species may have survived somehow, and remained, in an ecological niche somewhere on the planet relatively unchanged.

Of course, ample fossil evidence is lending credence to the other forms of living dinosaurs that we see -- birds.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join