It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of America, “Gone Without a Whimper”

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The most miserable of human conditions is one of UNCERTAINTY.

It would appear that sufficient portions of Western nations are feeling an increasing uncertainty. After all, anyone with any damned sense at all has or is rapidly coming to the conclusion that **** can't continue as it's going.

We know the bridge is out, and that the train is going to plunge, but we can't see through the fog. We don't want to jump too quickly, but we sure as hell don't want to jump too late.

If we can just hold out for another two years.

That will give some who are just now realizing the need to arm up and stock up time to get their **** together.

But given the damage Obama and this Congress has done in only six months, I dread what they can accomplish in another year and a half.

Just when you think it can't get any worse . . .

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by jdub297

Jdub how can you question whether or not Marxism has morality at all when the communist manifesto which was written was based on the mechanization of humanity which they saw as a result of industrialization?

Whether you agree with their assertion or not, the fact is that anyone with the slightest bit of understanding of Marx knows that his ideas were completely based on what he, Engles, and many others felt to be a morality superior to the mechanization of society.

As a matter of fact, Marx viewed the the world structure of his time in the EXACT same way as most of the people on ATS view the NWO.

Ironic ain't it?

Hitler thought he had a 'moral imperative' to cleanse the world for the master race.

Moral relativism is NOT morality.

That would be a "misdirection'.

nenothtu out

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Morality is not absolute but related to the goals of the group.

That is not moral relativism.

In this case, Morality as I am describing it is stemming from a concern for the whole of humanity.

Hitler did not seem to describe anything of that kind.

Marx however, did exhibit a moral sense of dread toward what would happen to humanity if the status quo at the time continued.

His concern mirrors the concern of those who fear the advent of the NWO.

That is not misdirection, it is simply not something you wish to hear.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstrangler

I understand your post perhaps more than I'd care to admit. I too am minimizing my assistance to TPTB.

I quit my job.

Gave up my credit cards.

Closed my bank account.

I don't even have a driver's license any more.

Here's as good a reason as any:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e7649dc1f7b.jpg[/atsimg]

That is a current NCDL. Not mine, as I don't have one, but this one was issued in mid-2007. I've obscured the bar code to preclude ID of the individual. Note the NAU seal on the back of it.

Detail:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1e9bafda657.jpg[/atsimg]

The Great Seal of the NAU, as displayed on current 'real ID' systems. Note the raised area beneath the chevrons at the lower-left and upper-right of the globe. That would be the area for the 'tracking chip'.

Edit to add: There was also some sort of "serial number" above the globe on the seal. I cropped that out, too, as I'm not quite sure yet what the number represents, and I'm not sure if it's a serial number related to the tracking chip in the seal. End edit.

It's real, boys and girls. I just fixed my scanner yesterday so I could scan this.

So yeah, I've dove under the radar, just as you say you have. It makes for some creative financing, but at least I'm minimizing my support for the Opressors. If EVERYBODY did as we have done, what would the effect be? probably war on the people, as soon as TPTB realized their coffers were emptying out.

In the long run, it won't matter how many do or don't do this.

War is coming to find us regardless.

I'm just trying to minimize my radar signature, and free myself up for the coming tasks.

nenothtu out

[edit on 2009/6/2 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstrangler

Wow... what a Roman take... anyone who thinks other than the way you think should be killed...

Good thing you are not American.

I'm not advocating individualism... I'm advocating taking personal responsibility for everything that happens to you. Stop blaming others, and take responsibility.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Switching a single word, "relative" to "related", does not change the nature of the beast.

It IS moral relativism.

And something YOU don't want to hear.

nenothtu out

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Switching a single word, "relative" to "related", does not change the nature of the beast.

It IS moral relativism.

And something YOU don't want to hear.

nenothtu out

So please explain what you believe morality to be then...

As sociology created the word more' to mean that which is important for the survival of the group. And that is directly related to the situation a group is in.

Moral relativism would be an attempt to switch morals in mid-stream whenever you wanted to in one group. Different groups having different morals is not moral relativism.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

**SNIP** N.A.U. seal? Peoople, do you know what this means? A worse government so big and pervasive that if you say anything bad about it, they'll come after you. I wouldn't even call it a government.

Admin Edit: removed censor circumvention

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

"Morality" is an absolute. It's not dependent on what a "group" wants, it exists entirely outside the "group", or "collective", and independent thereof. It's "right", and "wrong" and not subject to legislation.

Your kind of morality would condone the erasure of an individual simply because the "group" wanted them to go away, not necessarily because of anything they had done to injure the "group".

Of course that would be relative to the group, and destructive of the individual, and wouldn't REALLY help the group at all.

It will only change the group into an amoral mass of people.

Like Marx's philosophy does.

edit to add: Voodoo Sciences like 'sociology' didn't create that word. The development of the english language did. Sociology reduces a man to nothing more than an animal. An AMORAL animal.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

hey bright one, when was the last time YOU picked up a "free press" paper here in the U.S.?

Last I heard Turner's been buying out all the papers and all we get is mumbo jumbo from the A.P. WOW!! hows that for headlines? There's a reason for all of this conglomeration, sell outs, buy outs and centralization of power. It's for the purposes of powerful unilateral points of view channeled to undermine America and it's citizens.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

hey bright one, when was the last time YOU picked up a "free press" paper here in the U.S.?

Last I heard Turner's been buying out all the papers and all we get is mumbo jumbo from the A.P. WOW!! hows that for headlines? There's a reason for all of this conglomeration, sell outs, buy outs and centralization of power. It's for the purposes of powerful unilateral points of view channeled to undermine America and it's citizens.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

"Morality" is an absolute. It's not dependent on what a "group" wants, it exists entirely outside the "group", or "collective", and independent thereof. It's "right", and "wrong" and not subject to legislation.

Your kind of morality would condone the erasure of an individual simply because the "group" wanted them to go away, not necessarily because of anything they had done to injure the "group".

Of course that would be relative to the group, and destructive of the individual, and wouldn't REALLY help the group at all.

It will only change the group into an amoral mass of people.

Like Marx's philosophy does.

edit to add: Voodoo Sciences like 'sociology' didn't create that word. The development of the english language did. Sociology reduces a man to nothing more than an animal. An AMORAL animal.

It's obvious then that you are an absolutist who does not understand differences in culture.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Morality is NOT an absolute.

The End.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

It's obvious then that you are an absolutist who does not understand differences in culture.

How so?

How many "foreigners" have YOU help lift up out of oppression lately?

How many "foreign" cultures have YOU lived in lately? A trip to the local Mexican restaraunt doesn't count. Unless it was in Mexico. Ditto for Chinese, or Middle Eastern cuisine.

My philosophies aren't based on a textbook and a comfortable armchair.

nenothtu out

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by really
Morality is NOT an absolute.

The End.

There's a REAL argument ender!

When I require your definition of reality, I'll be sure and let you know.

nenothtu out

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

I do not disagree with most of what you said. However, "you morons have put an administration into power..." is a ridiculous statement. The final two choices given to Americans was Obama and McCain. There would have been little difference between the two.
While it would have been wonderful if Kucinich or Ron Paul had won, chances of the happening were slim to nil.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Just look in any dictionary. Morality is a code of ethics. Morals change from culture to culture. If you want to use a Socarates "Cave" argument and say that there is a grand or primordial morality that is fine. However, none of us know what that is. If we did, there would only be one strain of morality on this planet and, you and I would not be having this conversation.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

How so?

How many "foreigners" have YOU help lift up out of oppression lately?

How many "foreign" cultures have YOU lived in lately? A trip to the local Mexican restaraunt doesn't count. Unless it was in Mexico. Ditto for Chinese, or Middle Eastern cuisine.

My philosophies aren't based on a textbook and a comfortable armchair.

nenothtu out

LOL.... now that's hilarious. In the past year I've been to Egypt, France, China, and of course the USA...

What's my experience have to do with the ability to comprehend the abstract differences and similarities between cultures?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join