It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis Behead, Crucify Convicted Child Molester, Murderer

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Anyways my point was that you HAVE to have emotion and compassion in legal proceedings otherwise you could just get a computer do dole out the justice, and then the special thing that makes us understand that we are eating a chicken for instance actually was alive... Not just a mobile chicken meat producing unit - I know that's a bit random but you know the imagery works.

A computer can not yet make such decisions and even if it could people would not trust it. The lw however is supposed to be completely devoid of emotion, based on the facts of a case and judges and lawyers ry to keep it that way. Well generally speaking.

So basically the guy was beheaded, executed - that does happen all the time, whatever peoples thoughts on that are no one can deny it does happen... The issue here is (or seems to be) that the dead body was nailed to wood in a place where public could view it, no?

Taht's not my issue at all, as an atheist i have no care what happens to a body once someone is dead. It's why i've signed my body up for organ donation and full body donation. Once i'm dead they can do whatever they want. Strap me to a cross, pose me in a museum, play squash with my testicles. Whatever brings joy or education.

How is that worse than what the criminal did? I'm not saying chopping hands off for trying to eat someone elses bread is the way to go... But it is a fairly persuasive way of telling the masses "don't kill an 11 year old boy and his farther"

I'm not saying it's worse, i actually regard paedophilia as a worse crime than murder. Odd i know but it's how i see it. I'm saying that two wrongs don't makea right, that a society is barbaric if it uses such methods.

any anyway the last thing the crim knew was the minute his head was chopped off lol, he really was not aware of the crusification.

edit to add the reply to bit

[edit on 1/6/2009 by Now_Then]

He actually knew quite a bit after his head was chopped off if we are to believe the accounts from days of the gullotine. However that again isn't my issue, i have no problem with a paedofile suffering. I just don't want our society being viewed as barbaric.

We will be judged on how we treat our least fortuanate and our prisoners.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The rate of executions in Saudi Arabia is one of the highest in the world.
Amnesty International has recorded more than 1,800 executions in the
last 28 years, but the real figures may be much higher. The statistics
reveal disturbing patterns of discrimination of vulnerable individuals.
Many of those executed, almost half of the recorded total, were foreign
nationals, mostly migrant workers from poor and developing countries.
Saudi Arabian juvenile offenders and women have also been among
those sentenced to death, also after court proceedings that failed to
satisfy international standards of fair trial.

Hmmmm, make you think!!!

But then again these are just a bunch of hippies trying to better the world and have no real good view of how society should be run as appose to all you fine people here talking about adopting the Saudi system....

Be carefull, you just might get what you wish for!!!!

Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
the overall link is fine, it is the specific link relating to the number on death row exonerated that isnt working- also, specifically, how many people executed in the US have been proven to be innocent after execution, there have been no figures provided for this?

This is because they are covered up with no further investigation. States refuse to fund or acknowledge post mortem innocence investigations (I wonder why) so this is left to private groups who rely on donations from the public - which obviously isn't a lot because nobody cares about murderers and paedophiles, right? They deserved to die. Also the defence lawyers of the accused will turn their focus to lives that could (and should) be saved due to wrongful conviction.

With groups such as these www.innocenceproject.org... saving over 200 lives by exonerating them post-conviction and sitting on death row. Logic dictates that many more have gone to their deaths as innocents. Were you aware that only 27 states have compensation for wrongful conviction? How do you compensate someone who's dead anyhow?

How would you feel if you were wrongfully sentenced to death and subsequently executed (besides dead, of course)? What would your emotions be while all this is going on?

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Now then, considering your avatar, how can a bloke be a perverted child molester when there are women like that in this world?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by milesp
Here in America, there's plenty of people who believe child molesters should be beheaded and crucified. Unfortunately, they're insane.

Thank you for your in depth analysis on my mental state of being

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
This is repulsive and barbaric, even for horrendous crimes. There is no possibility to sanction such behavior existing in any pocket of this world. Its one thing for a citizen to be stark raving mad over an injustice and to lose it. But when a state of impartial people, do this kind of thing judicially in cold blood, its as bad or worse than the crime itself. Its barbaric!

Finally! Someone who gets it. Unfortunately, most of the Muslim controlled countries who despise the US have these same barbaric policies. This is one of the reasons I find all the US bashing about how horrible we are to detainees,etc..laughable. All the major news networks want us to believe the US is the problem for some reason while a cruxfiction and beheading on behalf of a gov't who is supposedly our friend, goes unnoticed almost daily. Does no one else see how ridiculous this is? Even more alarming is the fact our gov't coddles these barbaric neophytes in the name of Oil. The world is truly a sad place. I am afraid there is not much left that mere mortals, even with the best intentions, can do about it. God help us all.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Oh i'm all for making prisons very nasty places don't get me wrong. However lets be clear, they're not as great as you think, i know people that have been in them. The press makes them sound a little to cushy.

Yes nasty place may seem satisfing for us.

But in the end it will only create a more nasty world for ALL of us, because most prisoners are doing time for smaller crimes, but after being in these "nasty" prisons, they will leave with a "nasty" state of mind that will spread around our world that was previously seperated from this prison.

A nice enviroment may actually help change many of the prisoners state of mind and view of the world, which in turn will help the world in the long run, I think this kind of thing works in some countries that apply this kind of logic ( I forgot what country)

Remember prison is usually a temporary fix to a problem, it also can be like adding fuel to the fire.

BUT a child molestor, killer should have no chance of returning to our world, because when you go beyond that limit, there is no turning back to our society.

My point is prison should be about protecting ourselves and our families from these people! If small time criminals go to nasty prisons and then eventually come back out with a more twisted state of mind, is that really protecting our families?

Remember I'm just talking about the general prison population and not child molestor killers, which should be a total different category really.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You OP

For once I get to support something the Saudis do

I knew it, I knew one day if I hung around long enough I'd be able to say I actually supported the Saudis...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by clcreek

We have entered the 21st century now for almost a decade and still we have the notion that dealing with our problems in this way is gonna solve anything......it's not!!!

Um, what does the centurty have to do with this? Like as time progresses, so does man's understanding of the world along with crime and punishment?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
According to Amnesty China carries out the most executions, which could be because they have over sixty laws which if broken are punishable by death

China carried out more executions than the rest of the world combined, with 1,718 people put to death, the human-rights group said.

Followed by four countries including the USA

With China, four other nations -- Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and the United States -- accounted for 93 percent of the 2,390 executions, according to the group's report "Death Sentences and Executions in 2008."

Full Report
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 1-6-2009 by dizzylizzy]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
When a woman or young girl is raped in a Muslim society, don't they do an honor killing?

I wonder what would have happened to the rapist if he had meerly raped an eleven year old girl.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

Well we all know how the western world, that thinks their idea of justice is so prestine and godly and should be the spread all across the world regardless of different ideaologies, would react.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OKCBtard

Huh? I just wonder why a girl or woman gets honored killed when she's violated in a Muslim society.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

Because they have little or no respect for women

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OKCBtard
[Um, what does the centurty have to do with this? Like as time progresses, so does man's understanding of the world along with crime and punishment?

Well i sure as h*ll like to believe that "we" as kindkind are still in a learning phase here because if this it, if this the best we as mankind can come up with i pitty the future.....

No, ofcourse we are still learning. Was it kinda okay 300 years ago to burn an innocent person because they were practicing sorcery or witchcraft, nowadays we tend to handle individuals who claim to have such powers with a bit more care!!( which by the way is still illegal in Saudi Arabia and punisable by death!!

Sorcerers arrested in Saudi Arabia

What a beautiful system!!!

Instead of trying to get rid of the effects your system produces ,look at the system itself and change it. I mean this in all honesty, we are suppose to be growing as a society. And with growing up come responsibilties. But growing up also means more liberties ,less rules and laws ,less goverment control etc etc....
Yet you seem to be content with the opposite, as a matter of fact you cheer it on!!
Maybe you guys can introduce a Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice ,Saudi Arabia has one!!
They can come and arrest you if they feel you have done something which goes against the teachings of Allah........(think about this for a while)

Maybe you can do the same with a more christian approach..

No man, that is really a great system

Peace

Edit: Thank god typos are still not punishable by death!!

[edit on 1/6/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It may only be me, but why did a Muslim country crucified a man???

For a second, ignore the morality of the act and please explain the religious aspect of that.

I just fail to see the connection, unless, the convicted man was christian???

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Originally posted by OKCBtard
[Um, what does the centurty have to do with this? Like as time progresses, so does man's understanding of the world along with crime and punishment?

Instead of trying to get rid of the effects your system produces ,look at the system itself and change it. I mean this in all honesty, we are suppose to be growing as a society. And with growing up come responsibilties. But growing up also means more liberties ,less rules and laws ,less goverment control etc etc....
Yet you seem to be content with the opposite, as a matter of fact you cheer it on!!
Maybe you guys can introduce a Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice ,Saudi Arabia has one!!
They can come and arrest you if they feel you have done something which goes against the teachings of Allah........(think about this for a while)

Maybe you can do the same with a more christian approach..

What in the world are you talking about?!? You just started ranting uncontrollably!

When did I mention that I was a Christian?

[edit on 1-6-2009 by OKCBtard]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Originally posted by blueorder
They choose not to control their urges- thus they should be executed, especially if a child murder is involved

And you know this for a fact, how?

The experts in that field (which you are not) suggest that the diagnosis/treatment method is the best way to deal with this horrible problem we have, why do you doubt them? Again, you are another example of someone who is willing to possibly sacrifice the life of one innocent so you can act out your revenge fantasy.

Errr..... hello!! 99% reoffend!! I really dont think these "experts" have any clues.Reading & theorising about these filthy parasites whilst studying for a phd in phsycology or whatever is one thing but the real world has changed some since the books were written.Death to ALL pedos.however done doesnt matter....just get it done.URGENT

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
It may only be me, but why did a Muslim country crucified a man???

For a second, ignore the morality of the act and please explain the religious aspect of that.

I just fail to see the connection, unless, the convicted man was christian???

It has nothing to do with Christians it has been a form of punishment around longer than Jesus. In fact predates the romans however they did take it to new heights so to speak. This has been a common form of punishment throughout the world.thats why i laugh sometimes you'll get a Christian who will say Jesus was the last one to die on the cross for are sins.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Oh, this is but one of the many creative ways the saudis perform executions and punishments of felonies.

While it may look cool for the shortsighted, they also behead and torture people for idiot religious or social violations. And of course, it is not considered child molestation marrying off a 3 year old girl to a 50 year old man, and committing crimes against non-Muslims rarely, if ever, gets punished.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join