It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful pictures of nuclear test (1970)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Truely awe-inspiring! Thank you for the pictures...a S&F for you

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I take it these were take at the Bikini islands?

How awe inspiring is the art of destruction.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I love these pictures thanks for posting them their great, although fairly chaotic.

Im glad all nuclear testing isn't allowed anymore ( above ground anyway )

No nuclear testing is better than a little.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
I take it these were take at the Bikini islands?

How awe inspiring is the art of destruction.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by RuneSpider]

As these were french test its most likely Mururoa or Fangataufa atolls French Polynesia

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
my fav of all :

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Thanks for the photos.Best atomic test pictures i have even seen.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I wonder what type of carbon footprint one of these has. surely they must have had a massive effect on the climate and environment.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

These pictures have been heavily post processed. Alot of techniques used on them are commonly used by professional photographers.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
There is nothing beautiful or artsy about a nuke and not only am I appalled at the responses from you guys but shocked that you feel this way considering some of the things you have said in other threads regarding war and government and how innocent people such as yourselves are slaughtered or murdered and oh what a travesty. This thread proves how hypocritical a human can be and why no human being can be trusted. TPTB are made up of people JUST LIKE YOU. No matter how horrible there is always a silver lining right? Maybe you guys will get lucky and have the chance to see a mushroom cloud of death up close and personal. [snip]

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
10q im using no 2 on my desktop

S&F

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by max.is.awake

Get off the high horse and try to grasp the concept that there can be awesome beauty is something horrible. Ever see a tornado? Tornadoes are the most terrifying experience people in the Midwest will experience, yet to be able to witness one from a safe distance, they are truly awe inspiring. Lightning strikes are deadly but beautiful as well. Yes, atomic bombs are manmade, however, like a tornado, can be awesome to observe. Nobody ever said the destruction was worth the view, nor the lives destoyed worth the photo, but that was not the point of the thread.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
man those photos are stunning!
yes they are the beauty of horror but in a scientific point of view, they are beautiful.
amazing fireworks.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Images are amazing. Very awe inspiring.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
There is sometimes beauty, as odd as it may sound, to be found even in an act of destruction.

A hurricane, much more powerful than an atomic/nuclear bomb, viewed from space is an vision of horrifying beauty, and the damage and trauma left by one is as profound as the atomic explosions...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join