It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird skin marks suddenly appear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Best one:

I'm pretty much convinced it's a bodily thing, but I thought you guys might be interested in seeing it.

Basically they just appeared out of nowhere when I was eating some pancakes with strawberry. I've just returned from the gym using a crosstrainer (filthy handles), also I've been out grocery shopping and got a package with old (some 20 years) video games, so there's a lot of places this skin reaction could've come from.

I've managed to get similar 'bulges' from scratching my skin Really hard (not bleeding hard though), so again, yeah, pretty sure it's an allergic thingy. Feel free to convince me otherwise though.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Drexon]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I seriously hope you were not intending to hoax the membership of ATS with these pictures of scratches. This is how a scratch welts up when you are allergic to something in the environment. I used to get these all the time when I lived in southern california and my body reacted to the foreign pollens that it was not accustomed to.

How could you not know you scratched yourself in those ways?

[edit on 26-5-2009 by NephraTari]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I also hope your not hoaxing,self harming for a 2 minute laugh because you think you have *fooled* everyone is not cool
Atleast dont make it so blindingly obvious,we are humans and have scratched ourselves before incase you didnt know.Of course i may be wrong and this is a real phenomena,although i agree with Nephra in all honesty.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Drexon...
Let me start of with the fact that I normally side with people on this site...

And to the immediate haters....

Take a quick look at his/her profile...he/she seems to be an active member...with nothing else on the profile that seems to point otherwise.

I for one...believe the OP.

Drexon.....do you have any allergies to latex, or other clothing that you might have been wearing?

Were you wearing an iPod that might have scratched you while you were working out?

We need all aspects of the situation before we make assumptions.

Please follow up and let us know the outside circumstances! THANKS!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Oh the... phenomenon on the pictures wasn't part of any scratching, and I'm not allergic as far as I know. I was just eating and suddenly noticed I had something on my arm that looked like a lower case t. That's all, never intended to "fool" anyone. Just thought it might be a hoot to show it here, hence the "feel free to convince me otherwise". Don't people read?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Don't people read?

No, they don't.

I don't think you have much to worry about if you were, as they seem to be normal allergic reactions and you said it yourself you were in contact with multiple (possible)allergens. If you were worrying at all, that is. But I don't think it's anything special. My two cents.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Run a search on scabies, I think that could be something to look into. If it doesn't go away see a doctor could be more than you think.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Going to bed now, but before that let me just say that I just had another look at my arm. All the scratch marks I did After I noticed the "phenomenon" have disappeared, but the first "t" is still vaguely there, slightly raised still. The other "t", under the bicep, is gone however.

It's most probably something I've pushed up against.. like a really bacterial infected edge/surface of some kind, impossible to tell. Guess I'll have to get checked for allergies again for the first time since I was 6.

At the very least it was a cool experience, noticing two very similar shapes on your arms just like that, and yes, Hoping it had some kinda alien connection. We UFO nuts, huh?

link   
reply to post by Drexon

Those two little dots above the "t". Are they freckles or could you have been bitten by something?

link   
reply to post by b_rite_alwayz

that ain't scabies,trust me

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Can you not pinpoint any further ie was there any point during the day apart from getting groceries where this could have happened? how long was it before you noticed the mark in relation to what you were doing during your day? ie did you notice it after getting groceries or before etc

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Solomons]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Maybe it's a type of ring worm.

They usually start small and I believe you got yours rather quickly.

I do agree with the other poster that you need to see a doctor if it doesn't go away very soon.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
How many were there? If there was more than one and they were all the exact same shape....that is bizarre. I would look for that shape in your environment and see if it anything you came in contact with. Is is feverish or itchy? Did you rub up against any plant you might be allergic to?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
It's all but gone now and they weren't the -exact- same shape, just very similar. It looks as if I've just rubbed/pushed against something very unclean. Maybe I've scratched myself with a remote or the edge of the cell phone, you don't remember these kinds of things.

Solomons> I did a lot of stuff that day. Returned from the gym withyout showering (at first), rearranged the (ooold) video games in my shelf, cooked, ate. It could've come from anywhere, but at least it's gone now.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I believe these are hives!!! Caused by an overload of chemicals meets sugar. Grind 2cups of oatmeal and bathe in it! Stinging nettle in the form of tea or caps and good for these allergies, vitamin C powder. I know they are itchy but do not scratch

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I've had strange bruises next to my groin, on my left upper thigh, that haven't gone down for weeks, though they have faded a teeny bit , not enough to totally disappear , I can't remember either hitting or pinching inthios particular area.
Even had a round circular bruise on my left calf over the last couple of days , again no idea where that came from.
Lots of people having weird marks lately..

Oh and if I have an allergic reaction I swell up to huge sizes, my head turne out to be teice its normal size last time I had Eggyolk, and Hives and trouble breathing a,, disappeared an hour later, but these bruises haven't . Hmmm

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Sometimes these bruises that appear out of nowhere and do not go away are the result of medication or steroid intake. You are depleted vitamin wise...Be careful when you go see a doctor. I suggest you go to the best natural store in your neighborhood and ask for the best kind of vitamin K, you must remove pathogens - chemicals, alcohol...It is serious enough to be pro-active in your healing, nothing is chronic!!!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers

Sometimes these bruises that appear out of nowhere and do not go away are the result of medication or steroid intake. You are depleted vitamin wise...Be careful when you go see a doctor. I suggest you go to the best natural store in your neighborhood and ask for the best kind of vitamin K, you must remove pathogens - chemicals, alcohol...It is serious enough to be pro-active in your healing, nothing is chronic!!!

I don't have the need to take medication or steroids, I'm normally a very fast healer , with cuts and bruises disapearing after a couple of days, even my colds last an hour , when the wife has a cold it lasts 4 days. she hates me for being able to heal quick ...I wouldn't say healthy though as I'm *cough* slightly overweight.
I eat regular vegetables and eat healthily these days , making my own meals and not eating the processed crap you get from the supermarkets with a variety of fruit during the day instead of the 'indulgent snacks'.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

You should really research this further, I am sure you will identify this strange condition and treat it properly.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers

You should really research this further, I am sure you will identify this strange condition and treat it properly.

The thing is? Its not a condition it a bruise like formation , picture the 3 stars of orions belt all joined by a line, *-*-* sort of thing, its still there but fading very very slowly, I've had papercuts disappear faster.( which I get a lot of , nasty little bleeders , pardon the pun)..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join