It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronauts Spot Mysterious Ice Circles in World's Deepest Lake

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
hey everyone. I have been thinking about this since last night and something was bothering me,this formation does not seem to be created evenly, that is the cracks appear to be more severe on one side, yes?

[edit on 27-5-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

All of the pictures you have referenced are ice circles formed in rivers with a current that spins the ice into a circle. To my knowledge a frozen lake has no current.

A thought just came to me, could the water level be dropping leaving an ice layer on top to melt and collapse in weird ways?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
How about, hidden underground Draco base entrance, revealed by benevolent forces, to get the out of their entrenchments. We need to get there and get that checked out, perfect hiding place.

Dracos might cloak their ships, but possibly their underground entrance has been shown to us.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
Circles are extremely common shapes in nature. We shouldn't be weirded out by seeing them, no matter how big they are.

Also, all the cool aliens fly triangular craft nowadays.

That is alot more than a circle, it is a depression. And a depression that seems to be revealing an underground ring. Who is to say what that ring is doing here on the planet, maybe it is the "Force Field" generator that Alex Collier talked about. He said the benevolent's were going to take it down.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Someone should print this off and give it to a remote viewer, is there any here on the forum we can do a blind survey with it?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by kingsnake

I am assuming NASA might be in trouble for releasing this story. I dont' thnk they'd want us or anybody poking around too much with some anomolie in a frozen lake.

I'm sure they know what it is, probably just caught the ISS people off guard. Didn't get the memo that day that they were pulling up Megatron

No but really, there isn't any more information cause the Agency didn't want to give us any. Just a light and nice fluffy story for us.

~Keeper

are you being funny? (aside from the megatron comment)
Or do you really go around all day thinking everything you hear read and see is a slippage from some agency?

Man oh man, this place is going bonkers by the minute.

Why is the first thought for so many sinister?
This could EASILY be a fissure.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by gormly
This could EASILY be a fissure.

For me, the tell tale sign is the ice. Except for the scale, I do not see a difference then than what I have done many times like throw a rock onto heavy ice, and it has the same fracture pattern. That was some kind of blow, ice fracture displays it, and it must have been energy related one because the ICE is still in tact, but the ring is submerged.

So I think the energy blow was directed at the ring which was under the ice. That is why I was thinking hidden base.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by SoulOrb]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
On careful study of the larger pic, posted first above, it looks to me like a pressure-caused event.

There are cracks through the ring showing the ring wasn't there first.

There are large rectangular sections within the ring, possibly indicating a large downward pressure there.

At the circle there are large sections, then small pieces all round. The larger sections near the edge of the lake are flow sections, caused by the fill in effect of ice toward the center.

To my unprofessional eye, this looks as though a large pressure, or weight, was in the circled area.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by savageheart
Looks as though something landed and made the ice crack to me..

Any one else feel the same way?

Ehm... yeah... I do.. even though the ring seems to be around 4km (2.5 miles) wide. I checked this with google earth, so it may be half a mile off :-)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
After looking at some maps the Angara and Selenga rivers are in the general areas of these circles which in theory could cause underwater eddies to form causing these circles. So Mikesingh's theory showing the circular formations of ice spinning with the current in rivers may hold some water. (sorry couldn't resist) It's just so hard to imagine the scale at which this is happening. But, taking into account the sun's heat, the warmer water from these two rivers and natures natural cicular collapse due to gravity and low spot vortex's all together, I think we have an explanation to this phenomenom.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

?Why is it isolated around that circle?what about the damage to the ice?I've seen ice melt and never seen it behave like that.Those are stress fractures!

[edit on 27-5-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
We have a term for this up here in Alaska, it's called Breakup. Lots of factors involved and I'm by no means an expert it just seems like a logical explanation for these anomalies. It's also a lot more probable than Megatron.
As far as the stress fractures are concerned I think it's just the thickness and mass of ice were dealing with here.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by The Undertaker]

[edit on 27-5-2009 by The Undertaker]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Isn't it obvious? The mothership just re-stocked on water.

reply to post by SoulOrb

To get to the base, it would make sense to first heat up the ice so it gets thinner and there is a layer of melted water on it. Water does not compress, so a force to break the (now much more thin) ice would be distributed more evenly to the ice.
Just thinking out loud.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

Can someone explain what the blue circle is next to the lower ice circle (to the left)? to see it, you'll have to zoom in.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
After googling the local towns, I found a travel blog of a woman at Lake Baikal. She wrote a three part series in 06 and there are two interesting graphs:

In part 1 of his series the woman drops this in the middle of the article without any follow up as to what it was:

Half way across one particular bay, picking our way through the boulders and Toros, a grating, mechanical noise made everyone freeze and look around wide-eyed with terror. The noise rolled around the bay like an echo. My mind flicked through the possibilities; a fighter jet? Distant gunfire? Tanks? and rejected each in turn as unlikely. We stood in silence for a moment, waiting to see if the noise would come back. The immensity of what we had heard brought home our own vulnerability. Against this volume of ice and the forces that crumple it like paper, we were completely insignificant

(here is link: www.siberianfoxes.co.uk...)
????

Another site offering tours of Siberia state that there are huge fissures where people can swim in ice holes. So there are geothermal vents in the same area.

You can't rule out the heat theory but seriously those holes are really massive. But at the same time the area seems to have some sort of tourism and there are people living around the lake so you would think that there would be more noise concerning something other than nature if something else occurred - whether military or ET...

[edit on 27-5-2009 by anon86]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
given there positions in the lake could they be caused by air/water currents moving in the lake area?
we get simillar seas around here where warm and cold water collide although its not cold enough for ice to form it creates vortices

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Let's for a moment walk with the 'natural phenomena' explanation...
Why are there only two and why are they very close to being the exact same humongous size? Shouldn't there be more of them in different stages of development and different sizes?
And if these appear at river delta's as a simple result of warmer water spinning around under the thick ice of the lake, why then is this a mystery to scientists?
Shouldn't we have these all over the world then at places with similar conditions?

Natural phenomena? I'm leaning towards 'no'...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hmmm, maybe I should take that back:

According to the survey data, ring structures on the Baikal ice are not formed every year: after first detection, such forms were detected in April 2003 and 2005. In 2004, 2006 and 2007 such occurrences were not registered. However, in 2008 these rings appeared in two parts of the lake basin: near Krestovsky cape (a bit to the south-west of the location of 1999, 2003 and 2005 rings) and for the first time near Turka village. In April 2009 these enigmatic forms were detected to the west of the cape Nizhneye Izgoloviye of the Saint Nose peninsular and in the south end of the Lake Baikal.

There is an opinion that in order to explain this mystic phenomenon, it is required to study the point heat source system on the lake bed. In this case “emissions” of heat source, coming up, may result in the creation of rings. According to other versions, it is important to look into the impact of atmospheric and biogenic processes and events to find the reason.

Source

Perhaps after a couple of these 'warm bubble rings', any subsequent rings that reach the icy surface will automatically 'fit' into the indentation created by previous rings?
This would in theory leave a huge pillar of ice in the center, which at some point could cause it to break off from the rest of the ice?

Natural phenomenon? I'm leaning towards 'Yes'...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Psynarchist

I agree more than likely these holes are natural or at least man made. But the video posted above shows a bubble maybe 5-10' in diameter. That aerial photo clearly shows these holes to be over a mile wide. Are there any videos of these rings anywhere close to the size of those holes? I've heard of huge methane vents of the coast of Africa but I couldn't speculate on what is in that lake.

Another interesting point from the article on Siberia I linked to in my former post states that there is a bacteria that "cleans" the lake and the water is crystal clear - someone one likely would see something if there were any unnatural activity under the lake. It isn't always frozen. Also the holes, even as big as they are, are closer to the shores where they're also more likely to be observed.

There has been oil exploration in the area as well and then that could be another possibility.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
UFO Hunters episode 3 - avi mentions Lake Baikal (sp?) and a man said that years ago there were sightings of a huge craft there and the Russians tried to capture the craft (they called them the observers)but their machinery was destroyed and men were killed.

Just thought that was an interesting story!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join