It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This planet needs depopulation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Depopulation is not acceptable in any form. It's genocide. What we need to do is economise and provide for the over population. The rich are just getting richer and the poorer keep getting poorer. Also we need stricter education, we live in an age where many children want to be "celebrities" when they grow up. It's a crying shame.

The sad fact of the matter is the whole world is backwards in many ways. Here in the UK for example we have TV presenters working one maybe two nights a week at most acting stupidly trying to squeeze an instructed laugh from the audience on 6million a year. But we have nurses working all the hours that God sends helping people and saving lives in many cases for 20-30 grand a year. It's disgusting.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Scope and a Beam]

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Scope and a Beam]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stfspam

I get what you're saying, and your ideas have real merit. My opinion.

I can't help thinking though, that the thought of humans drifting/travelling from system to system, stopping to interact, to check it out.........

Might that be a horrific sci-fi movie for another species? I mean, we worry about interstellar bacteria and microbes.......... whose to say what size those infestations are? Do we blame the microbes if they land here and wipe everything out? Was it their right?

I dunno. I think it'd be safest for the galaxy at least, if we gained the maturity to spread responsibly before we gain the ability.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Depopulation of any sort always leads to lost secrets and regrets. I think many people are falling for a wicked sham. Malthus preached that life with a large population(by his standards much smaller than our population) would be brutal. Instead higher population means more information is gathered and shared. The desire to cull the population at a time when humans seem to be on the verge of discovering something awesome seems related to the destruction of Babylon and the Garden of Eden. Someone or some cult really objects to mankind trying to better their humble place in this world.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
One of my first posts on this board was about depopulation. I suggested that we have a system that requires families to take a 'class', teaching them responsibility of having a child. Educating them. If you pass, you get your license to breed.

Seems reasonable to me.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This is the topic that brings me crawling out of the bushes. Flame suit on!

First, all of you who don’t think the world is over populated are either in denial, have never been far from your pretty little neighborhoods, don’t read anything, are young and naive, don’t use critical thinking, or all of preceding.

"But we could put X billions on a piece of land the size of Y." I've done the math on several of these threads. I'm giving up. In my last effort I showed that I would have 39 people living in my Texas yard, eating, subsisting, eliminating, reproducing, etc.. Call me a snob, but living knee deep in crap and starving isn't my idea of living.

Let’s be frank here. Humans are animals. Yes. They. Are. You breed intelligence, you have a higher chance (not 100%) of getting intelligence. German Shepards aren’t smarter than Afghan Hounds because of the failure of Afghan owners to nurture their pups. It’s because German Shepards are working dogs, bred for performance, and Afghans Hounds are bred for hair. The difference between you and a dog is you can see into the future and realize the consequences of your actions. You are able to control your instincts. I hope. Are you intimidated by intelligence? Embrace it. Stupidity never gave anyone a high standard of living.

I don’t think it takes statistics for people to figure out who breeds the most. The poorer and lower class generally breed the most. Education? That works to some extent, but in the U.S. you can find no end to people who aren’t too bright and don’t understand why they shouldn’t have babies they can’t afford. The information is there, but they don’t want to hear it. I know because I’ve talked to plenty of them. I work with a guy who is a janitor. He’s a very nice guy, but not the sharpest tool in the shed. He had 5 kids. He takes home $200/week. I PROMISE you that he didn’t pay for them on his income. I paid for them and millions more. None of his kids have done anything exceptional. Four of them have reproduced. Do you have a shortage of people to work at your local WalMart? I didn’t think so.

With the world’s population at about 7 billion, I think it’s time to be selective. Quality before quantity. Do you have superior intelligence? We need intelligence now. Joe Six Pack with an 85 IQ isn’t going to discover zero point energy. The time has long past that we need to fill the land with IQs that are average and lower. We aren’t farming and digging ditches with shovels any more. We need people who can figure out how to give us advanced technology, clean, free, energy, advances in medicine, healthy food, etc..

We need to stop breeding sickly people. Are you healthy, without heritable diseases? Are you emotionally stable? Do you have traits that really should NOT be passed on to your offspring? Do you know you have a family history of cancer, heart disease, addiction, etc.? Why are you breeding? You are greedy, that’s why. Do you have any idea how much money it takes to “do everything possible” for someone with one of these conditions? It can take millions. You want a kid? Adopt one.

Why is there NO restriction whatsoever on breeding? HOW can people be offended when I propose that a woman who was diagnosed with schizophrenia, cut herself with glass, and dangled her kid out of a window because he is “filled with demons,” be sterilized? I can’t fish in my own pond without a license from the county, but could breed like a rat if I wanted to. (Psst! It’s about politics. Breeders make voters.) Sorry flamers, while I didn’t have a say in being born, I was sterilized as fast as possible.

Eat each other? That’s already happening. Bush meat, monkey meat, human meat. You don’t hear about it in the U.S. because it’s not PC to talk about it. Other countries address the problem of people eating each other and hunting humans for body parts to be used in rituals. Do a search on it. It’s real enough to be addressed by the U.N. Security Council.
DR Congo pygmies appeal to UN

How could we change for the better?
Hammer education into the population regarding social responsibility and ecology. Laws won’t work. Make it fashionable to limit reproduction, or not have children at all. I can assure you that people without children are discriminated against now. What if people who bred with no planning were discriminated against? Empower women to have control over their bodies. Change the Ponzi scheme of a social security system that we have. Promote education and make learning socially acceptable. Everybody knows who Octomom is, but how many people could name one Nobel Prize winner from last year? Forget who the high school football champions are and put the kids who graduate with honors on the front page of the local papers. Put a system in place to adequately care for our seniors. Everybody who can work will work. Period. If you can panhandle all day, you can clean out trash cans. Change the economy so that we don’t rely on an every increasing consumerism. (I’m not an economist, someone please write a thread on how to do that.)

What is wrong with quality over quantity? Think of reproduction as having a purpose, not a way to satisfy your selfishness, greed, ego, loneliness, or as a result of your indifference.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

Genocide of the poor is the most acceptable form of all.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

I really don't feel like reading everyone else's posts on this thread, so I will be short and to the point.

We need to stop blaming everything that is wrong with the world on everything else but ourselves. The planet does not need depopulation, that is ignorant.
We need, people that will get off of their lazy asses and take back control of our world. We need to get back in touch with the planet and nature.

www.justsomelyrics.com...

[edit on 25/5/2009 by reticledc]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lookingup

Excellent post sir! You've articulated my sentiments, nearly to the T. Where where you back when I first proposed the idea of depopulation and was flamed to death?

S for you!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lookingup

Give me a YAY! for stereotypes!
hate to say it in such a blunt manner,but your wrong wrong wrong.No two ways about it sadly.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
ya know what depopulation is nonsense its not even worthy of more than a response then this... bs...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

Genocide of the poor is the most acceptable form of all.

A disgusting truth

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Depopulation is neither an understatement nor overstatement, but simply a different path to the correct variable.

How about population control and regulation such that the rate of birth and growth is slowed exponentially in comparison to the rate of death and loss.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This has been achieved.

In any area where women have legal and societal protections to control their own bodies, education and easy access to birth control.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Africa has the biggest problem, by far. I fear it is beyond help and will be the first to go in the NWO. If their governments were not so corrupt they would have a chance.

Kissinger called them "useless eaters", to be disposed of. Terminate with extreme prejudice, per the elitists.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Instead of all these H1n1, H5n1, atomic bombs, wars, tsunamis, famine in order to solve that overpopulation ''problem''.

Let's be hi-tech.

www.youtube.com...

If you are old enough to remember the flick you are done : )))))

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The Earth has been here for Millions of Years right? Do you HONESTLY think this is the first time us humans have reached breaking point? No, nature always finds a way to destroy us.

Have you noticed the climate changing? Have you noticed the salinization of the ocean (getting more salty) this is due to Humans but eventuall Earth will balance itself back out and the handful od humans left will repopulate again just like in the old testaments of the world (which are all surprisingly similar :-D )

There is no need for mass killings, use the populatikons we have to help clean up the world and send them to mars, build a society there, melt the water and turn it into another earth or mineral planets... i mean lets face it people... we are so close to Star Traveling, but yet we lack the ability to work together to achhieve it, so instead of following the crowd and saying lets off each other, why dont we help each other... Ignorance is Bliss :-D That must be ATS's most overly used phrase

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Actually, no depopulation is needed. This planet can hold 10 billion, 50 billion, or even 100 billion people. It's not a matter of space, only a matter of innovation.

With the speed of innovation and invention (and it's accelerating pace), things will begin to normalize now that the industrial age is reaching a head and generally is in opposition to nature.

Humans have the capacity to live with nature, and we will or we will most likely die or be forced off this rock. Don't count us out when our own butts are on the line.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Petchy29
reply to post by Flighty

This is what pisses me off about people. You dont mind depopulation as long as its not you or your family. You think you're superior and all the other 3rd world scum should be depopulated first. Trust me, the 3rd world countries have their problems, but they arent responsible for #ing this place up alone.

I was actually being sarcastic by trying to highlight the impossibility of the plan. And there is no way only 3rd worlders are responsible but it seems only WE in the 1st world get given the guilt trip over it.
My point to the NWO believers is that unless it emcompasses EVERYONE , EVERYWHERE it will fail anyway.

Peace.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

Great, another depopulation thread. It is actually possible to sustain another six billion, there is lots of space out there, and I don't mean cutting down more trees to do it! It's as another poster as said it, there is so much waste in this world that everything has become a cluttered nightmare and there is a lack of education and awareness in the world right now. So much space is being used for yet another walmart, or another mini mall with the same 5 stores everywhere! Just driving by a few towns outside where I live, I noticed a lot of vacant lots out there that could easily build a small community, but yet they just sit there with that big abandoned building that was some mega grocery store once many years ago, and the grass is beginning to win it's battle against the pavement. Depopulation is not yet the answer, being smart about our world is what the answer is.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

Originally posted by On the level
I for one am all for sterilisation of junkies, criminals etc, you should look to have a child to improve the world, not to add to its problems

Agreed. Sterilization is way better than killing off entire populations. Perhaps in the future, the scientists can see by one's DNA if one has a potential to become a criminal/junkie, etc and act on it.

Perhaps sterilization of the society's weak elements will be a good prevention of future generation problems with crime, drugs, wars, etc.

You said so yourself that the NWO want to kill our kids with wars as soldiers in a previous post. The NWOers and TPTB are the biggest murderers, criminals, psychopaths who have ever lived. Yet you want THESE PEOPLE to decide who breeds and who doesn't? Think about it man, FOR GODS SAKE.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join