It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universe Destroying Thought

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I don't think that the Universe is destroying thought - but I definitely believe that positive thoughts can heal the world.

Let us all have thoughts of love and protection, rather than war and destruction.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by Kandinsky

I can't remember the guys name, but there was a story of a guy who was some sort of monk. He would go into the deep meditative trances and whole villages would see him levitate high into the sky or around the village.

The story tells of how he managed to turn himself into pure light energy, and he did this with people watching... he never returned to his physical form.

I've heard of this also, he became a being of pure energy, immortal and with the ability to easily traverse the universe, never to be seen or felt again. I believe it's entirely possible to evolve pass our physical bodies, these are nothing more then spiritual vehicles that our consciousness takes as a host. And no, I am not religious and do not believe in a god. But I WILL evolve pass this physical body, of that I am sure.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Deus Ex Machina 42]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

You might want to read the OP instead of just the title! The title just tells what is in the OP. I am not saying that the Universe is destroying thought, I am saying there is an idea that a Master thought could destroy the Universe.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Also it's awesome that someone brought up The Never Ending Story, good man, cheers to you and thanks for the nostalgia rush.

*Listens to Freezepop*

Good times, good times. Still got Never ending story I and II on VHS in those big plastic cases. Think its about time to pop them in again

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

Are you serious? Do you have anything better to do than try and get a rise out of people that are only speculating possibilities to further understand the principals that govern our reality?

If you are serious and you think you are very close, maybe you should document it so when you wake up in your new universe you will know what happened.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Jack black was so corny in the Neverending Story II when he was playing the punk bully. Who would've thought he would go on to be a successful musician and actor?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Excuse me sir, I'm contributing to your topic, be respectful and kind instead of bitter and rude to someone trying to help your thread out.

Think what you what, I don't care. That's the good thing about thoughts, nobody can stop you from having them.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I wasn't being bitter or rude, I was simply asking if you were serious or if you were trying to get a rise out of people specualting about this topic. Also, to say that if you are getting close you should document it.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
No, wasn't trying to get a rise out of you or anyone else in this topic, I simply posted what I thought to be true. I believe the best place to document information is in the mind, for it will be there eternally and forever, always capable of retrieving it instantly no matter what. Also, it comes in a way which I can't put into words.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
There is a quote by Douglas Adams (as stated in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy) that immediately springs to mind:

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

I suppose it's possible, in theory.

But it's also possible that the said destruction only affects the people who are meditating/praying in that general direction. The rest of the populace would be unaffected....but for those who experience it, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Interesting question, nonetheless!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

There is no such thing as master thought. There is only human thought. And I am sorry if I need to re-read it, mam.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

How do you know there is no such thing as a thought like that? There probably isn't, but how could you know for sure, mam?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

I need to read that book, I've seen the movie - I guess they are about the same.

That's what I have thought since posting this, if it does exist it surely only affects those involved with the thought process.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812

I need to read that book, I've seen the movie - I guess they are about the same.

That's what I have thought since posting this, if it does exist it surely only affects those involved with the thought process.

No, the books are far far far better.

42 is the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

If you enjoyed the movie, you'll no doubt find the entire Guide series hilariously thought provoking. Adams has a great knack for presenting elevated concepts in a humorous format.

Enjoy!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Beware your thoughts, for they are more powerful than you could ever imagine.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

As I was reading through this thread, my thoughts wandered in the direction of Douglas Adams' works but I could not for the life of me remember the specific passage that was most relevant. You hit the nail right on the head. A most excellent series!

As for a thought capable of destroying the universe, I will refer us back to the works or Mr. Adams, and his concept of a spacial propulsion system that utilizes the 'infinite improbability drive'. The propulsion system itself has nothing to do with this thread, but the name of it, 'infinite improbability', strikes me as being relative in the manner that I don't think that one thought is capable of blinking the universe out of existance. I believe that anything is possible, but many, indeed most, things are improbable. And I also believe that the ability of an individual to destroy the universe with a single thought (or collection thereof) encroaches upon the concept of 'infinite improbability'.

I hope this makes sense...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybobh3

I hope this makes sense...

In an infinite universe, with infinite improbability (and a correlating amount of infinite PROBABLITY) - anything is possible.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
In regard to the fascinating story you revealed, you mentioned the son of your customer has since passed away. I think this is a key point to the theory.

The theory is, if we think the highest thought, the universe will respond some how...you suggested getting destroyed. I have a hard time with that, so for my purposes I am going to use the word "changed". Well, since this gentleman was so well educated and practiced in this theory. Maybe he finally reached the pinnacle of thought...and his universe changed, allowing him to pass on to the next.

Have you ever known some great young person, who was so Good, and they passed away, and the bitter unbelievers who seem to never go?

Well is it possible that the universe turns on those who have reached a higher level of thought...and even uses disease or trauma, to move the person along to the next level in their existence? How many saints, prophets and holy men have said without suffering there is no growth?

OP: do you know how the man died?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I don't know how old he was or how he died, but I am going over there today to collect on the back end of the bill. I'll try to ask her without making it uncomfortable. She seemed pretty eager to talk to someone last time I was there.

Also I apologize about the term destroy, I really mean removed from the here and now. Destroyed from our perception of now.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by esteay812]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join