It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow trashes Obama for shredding Constitution! Must watch!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Oh, she's just a racist.

Why didn't even one person in that crowd of people say something? I probably would have screamed something, but maybe the Secret Police, er, Secret Service would have broken my legs and thrown me in Gitmo...

Yet another example of the elite's use of intricate, pretty language to glam things up for the American Idiot.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Nothing surprises me anymore. I have lived outside the US for years and watched in sadness as the country continues to go down the path to destruction. However, I came back to visit a friend for awhile and see for myself if what I was reading and seeing online was true. What did I find...it was far worse than reported.

People fail to see and even deny such things are happening or they point their finger at some boogie man. I hear people say that the "world" hates America and this is not true. They may not care for Washington but they have no problem with the US people. Personally I do not agree with Washington either.

So where is it that there is a need to have 'prolonged detention' for a future crime that may or may not be committed and that there is no evidence that those detained even plotted said crime? I can only see abuse of power here and the trashing of the Constitution, Bill Of Rights and our way of life. God help us all.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This video is a typical example of why I don't watch network news anymore. It is all hype, no interpretation, just exaggeration.

Why do people buy into this garbage?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Ha, while i attempted to watch it for this first time via the video you provided, it stopped at 3:33. Hmm... i find that ironic. Good post, bad prez.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by defcon5
As I stated in the other thread where this video showed up…

Since when is it illegal to hold people who have not committed a crime yet, but are plotting to commit a crime?

In the criminal law, a conspiracy is an agreement between two or more persons to break the law at some time in the future, and, in some cases, with at least one overt act in furtherance of that agreement. There is no limit on the number participating in the conspiracy and, in most countries, no requirement that any steps have been taken to put the plan into effect.

These news reporters should be required to take a class in law before they are put on the air to voice their personal opinions.

The issue here is that "innocent until proven guilty" and "the right to a fair trial," as well as habeas corpus and all the other concepts of this ilk are being thrown out the window. Isn't that what America is about?

Add to that the issue of defining "terrorist." As it stands now, those who would support the Constitution are being set up to be called "terrorists."

Sure, it would seem that this is just for people from other countries who might blow something up or such, but the slippery slope is open for business if we even consider that this is in any way acceptabe and "American."

Defcon5 is right. But what SHOULD be happening is trials for those who have conspired. And if they are American citizens, this is also treason.

I see we have a lot of Constitutional Studies Geniuses here today. In regard to habeas corpus, the Constitution is very clear:

(Article One, Section 9) "The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety may require it."

Habeas corpus may be constitutionally suspended. This is not illegal at all. And we have certainly been invaded.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

More than ever do we need to become self sufficient. No more individual bank loans, no more dependency on corporations for our survival.

Self Sufficiency is key to breaking away, and becoming fearless.

So if and when we break away, how do we prevent the banks from overrunning once again years down the line? Because convenience is a killer...

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hageln Sie den Führer Obama und dienen Sie das Vaterland!

Now we'll just wait for him to learn German and grow a little mustache.
We live in scary times, indeed!

[edit on 5/23/2009 by Orion52]

[edit on 5/23/2009 by Orion52]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose
If he passes the law, then we the people should arrest him without trial

But not when Horhey did it???

Its cute!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Originally posted by David9176

Obama is NOT change...no matter how much you want it.

[

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Well of course. Obama is a politician. Just the same as every other politician in the world, he promised the moon in order to get elected. Obama is no exception to the rule. All politicians promise what ever it takes to get into office....

ALL politicians lie to an extent....

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by mental modulator
Needless 2 say lots of you folks, ( come lately's) steered clear from this same concern,
alas it twas the GOP who had the horse...

As I pointed out earlier in this thread I am a bit surprised myself.
Seems the whole Jose Padilla case went right over a lot of peoples heads.

How convenient.

- Lee

Indeed convenient -Lets Pound the drums of war and Authority until we crap our pants and need our diapees changed.

That why I think the is a whole lot BS folks playing the role here...

Their FOX sold it to them and now FOX is having a free give away of yesteryears inventory -

PRO AMERICA

AMERICA, MIGHT, POWER, INSTITUTIONS

" DON'T MESS WITH US!!!"

"AMERICA FIRST"

Now its...

THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT IS EVIL

Do any of yalls burst from be so full of chit???

Remember to wash your hands after changing them things....

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
As I stated in the other thread where this video showed up…

Since when is it illegal to hold people who have not committed a crime yet, but are plotting to commit a crime?

In the criminal law, a conspiracy is an agreement between two or more persons to break the law at some time in the future, and, in some cases, with at least one overt act in furtherance of that agreement. There is no limit on the number participating in the conspiracy and, in most countries, no requirement that any steps have been taken to put the plan into effect.

Not correct in this case. If you are arrested for Conspiracy to Commit you get an Attorney and a Trial. What this is about is a case where you get no trial or chance to prove your innocence. Not the same thing at all.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I think the issue is do we want Leaders who lie to get into office?

Too many people blindly accept it is OK to lie if you are in Politics and that it is just part of the game. Why?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Since 1776.

Your reply further sites

In the criminal law, a conspiracy is an agreement between two or more persons to break the law at some time in the future

In these cases the conspirators are CHARGED with the crime of conspiracy to commit ______. They have been investigated and a district or states attorney has found enough evidence for a probable conviction and has formally charged them, at which point the standard rules of a criminal proceeding apply.

The example that you site is the same as two people who plot to kill a third for an insurance policy, the plot is discovered and the conspirators are charged.

In this new phase of operation lockdown the doors are opened to detention without charges, or indefinate detention BECAUSE there is not enough evidence for further LEGAL procedings.

The ramafications of this are the end of due process and the indefinate jailing of undesirable yet free and innocent Americans.

If Gitmo was closing I would have said that it is only moving to America and holding Americans, but it's not closing, so I'll just say camps.

Papers please?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Great find, David! OMG!! This is sooo against the Constitution it is frightening. "An appropriate legal regime"???? Regime??? I am sure you are as excited to have a regime as I am.

It looks like the Prez is letting the cat out of bag as to what he has in mind for us.
or

This is treason and we need to IMPEACH OBAMA now!

Everyone I know is going to hear about this.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I feel like vomiting watching this literally.
People just swallow whatever is given to them and not actually listen. Stop the flouride.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Obama is NOT change...no matter how much you want it.

[

Well of course. Obama is a politician. Just the same as every other politician in the world, he promised the moon in order to get elected. Obama is no exception to the rule. All politicians promise what ever it takes to get into office....

ALL politicians lie to an extent....

[edit on 23-5-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

I'm sorry but i can't understand why people just give answers like this. Oh he is a politician and all politicians lie. Like just to say we should accept they are all a-hles. Why allow to yourself to be governed by your inferiors when government should be for the people. Your giving them power by saying that and indeed the universe is saying and that is what your going to get.

What a tricky subliminal message "Change" is and people fell for it. The best empowering word would have been "Freedom for the people".

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

He also has a military advisor who has expressed his wish for donations to Hezbollah and Hamas.

Our economic situation alone could lead to NWO soon. A collapse of the dollar would be enough to implement plans to further Patriot Act/Truth Squad world.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I don't watch her but at least she is consistent.
She slammed Bush and is now slamming Obama because obviously nothing has changed, nothing except of course the approval ratings of the President.

Grand kudos to the lesbian racist!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Now just imagine for a moment that you were wrongly accused of being a terrorist and were detained by a government agency under the PATRIOT ACT.

Well now you can be held indefinitely WITHOUT TRIAL.

Don't you guys see the implications of this?

It doesn't matter who it's intended for...this is opening up an entire new can of worms.

If you are worried about individual rights and our Constitution...this should open your eyes...regardless of party affiliation.

I guess the invincible savior image is breaking and now we see Barack the politician rather than Barack the bringer of change and hope.

When the Patriot Act came out, it made me sick to my stomach. But this other tid bit came out, it sent a serious chill down my spine. It reminds me of that Simpsons episode where the whole family got sent to be "reeducated", but they got arrested for the violation of the government knows best act, and poor Elmo ended up hanging himself. As funny as that episode was, it still makes you think, especially with this. Before they would hold you indefinitely illegally, but now they can do it legally. The way things are going, we'll probably see a cermony on tv were they set fire to the constitution and a thunderous applause will follow. I wonder how long she'll be able to trash Obama before she is threatened to be arrested as a Terrorist or change her tune. So if we hear how great our president is from her mouth in the near future, then we know someone had a little "chat" with her.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Well, some people better get ready to inspect some "Dubya M Dees"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join