It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Census idiot in my driveway threatening the police

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
People be aware that some posts you find on this site or another are intended to get your opinion or to stir discussion on a particular subject/topic. I'm aware of this though still respond at times as if the poster was true in intent. I'm sure many ATS folk know this by now though I rarely see any mention of it.

Are you saying that I'm just making this up to see what people think?
To quote my daughter, "Oh, whatever."

It just happened that I was actually on the internet when I heard my husband yelling about trespassing, and looked out the window to see what was going on. That's when I got on here and figured I would give a blow by blow account of the activities, having no idea what was going to happen. Fortunately, nothing really happened.

Look you have no reason to justify your actions. What you have done is in fact a community service and I for one am grateful that people like you keep people like me informed of what is happening across the nation.

Don't get discouraged. For every one person there is to ridicule something like this, there are 20 of us who appreciate what your doing.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaznational

It's handy to have a biting dog too. My rott mix only bites with strangers come to the front door! Dumb mailman and UPS man have made that mistake and both took nips to their butts and never made that mistake again (they thought the dogs were nice so they came in. Yeah, barking dogs seem so nice).

Um, is it a problem for you to have a mailman come to your house? I don't see how having your dogs bit a mailman is something to be proud of.

Dumb mailman, trying to do his dumb job! He deserves to get bit for doing his job! That'll teach him for trying to deliver your mail.

Maybe he should just leave it out in the weather.

Actually, the mailman doesn't come to the houses in my neighborhood. We have to get our mail from boxes out by the highway. So, why he decided that day to bring the package to my house rather than leaving me the usual organge slip so I could pick it up at the P.O, I don't know.

I appreciate that my dog bites mens' butts when they go for the handle of my front door and no one is around. What is with mailmen, Fed Ex, UPS, trying to open doors when they don't think anyone is home and there's the chance that the door is unlocked. That really creeps me out. THey deserve a butt biting for that.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
what does this tag look like? is it an actual tag? can it be removed by the owner?

these may be silly questions, but ive had census guys come to my home and i want to know it they tagged my home without asking me first.

Seems like you're not the only one that is confused. THey are not leaving anything physical behind. All they do is hold up their handheld GPS unit (Global positioning System for those that don't know the acronym) and they push a button to mark the longitude/latitude of your door, on the face of the earth.

They can do this when you're not home. They aren't asking permission.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
You know what this reminds me of. When I was a teenage I was on probation,
and whenI was, the officer came to my apartment and wanted to know where all the doorways and windows were and the distance of my door to the road.

Now mind you, this was not an electronic ankle probation. Just normal probation.

When they took the measurements here, it reminded me of that.

Of course my worse thinking, if they want to surround someone, they want to have all the bases covered.

Or maybe it is so they can beam energy weapons at protesters. I know that a long shot, but my mind thinks of all possibilities .

But then I think how our government can not even handle katrina, how would they handle monitering our nation.

Hell maybe they just want to see how much land they own.

Ama

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by J-in-TX
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel.
1 Chronicles 21:1

It's getting late, I'll find and post the details later
The story behind this is a little fuzzy. Apparently, King David ordered a census in order to impose a tax. The author of the Chronicles thought that was a bad thing and blamed it on the Satan.

The sin of David's census was his pride in the size of his kingdom. He wanted to count the people out of pride and taking credit for it himself, rather than attributing it to God.

Think that's odd, how about the part where Jesus gets mad at the money changers. Money changers = Federal Reserve.

This verse always struck me as being very odd.

J.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Did NOBODY read what I posted on page 4?

I just stated what was told to me, as it appears that most people here would rather burn their poor census takers at the stake than have a nice conversation with them.

THERE IS NOTHING TO FREAK OUT ABOUT! The GPS system is merely a way for them to implement technology to help them track where they've been and where they haven't been. It is FLAWED, as was demonstrated by the visit to my home. They are using pre-existing software that WE ALL have access to if you use GPS. So instead of them going door to door with clipboards and papers (and if any of you are old enough, you'll recall this), they are now equipped with better technology that gets sent right to the satellite and back to a mainframe computer. Voila....instant checklist with a push of a button!!

As someone else mentioned, this is good for MANY reasons....9-1-1 calls, and lets not forget the pizza delivery boy! LOL!

Be skeptical and question if you must, but be logical. The third wave of the census has not happened yet - that's the actual head count! The second wave is only the GPS plotting where they get your address and log the coordinates. My home was missed in the first wave because it's out of the way and a new structure.

Nobody is going to blow up your home with GPS. If you can currently find your home on privately-owned GPS and Google Earth, then your home was plotted long ago, and they don't need a census person to find you. Think!! But for Pete's sake, be nice to these people....they're just trying to pay their bills like you and I, and I'm sure if enough paranoid conspiracy theorists chase them off in one day, it might actually put them in a bad mood. You're making their jobs hard, and they've done nothing wrong. Just a thought.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
you guys know, at one time, being a property owner was a pretty big deal, and granted you many things in this country...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I figure in a suburban or urban setting, tagging the front door might just make it more accurate. Since GPS can be several feet off, if they tagged your mail box it might confuse it with the next building/house.
They need the front door, to know which door to kick down

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'm sure the reasons are pretty benign... However there are listening devices using laser pickup that when pointed at a door or window uses them as elements like in a microphone. Modern doors are fantastic for sound pickup. The vibrations are then analyzed and filtered (since bugs, dust would cause a static like effect) til something coherent comes out. Such a system could be deployed with the nationwide "MESH" of UAVs that is well past the planning stage. Fairly weak, consumer grade lasers are good for several miles if conditions are ok.

Having the exact coordinates would allow for one amazingly efficient surveillance network. Windows are never far from the front door either, so you could "tune in" a sweet spot with "nano-longitudinal or latitudinal adjustment".

They have been using this in special ops for a couple decades at least, but now thanks to moore's law, it's easily made airborne, just as long as there's a line of sight and a moderate amount of electrical power to drive it.

I'm not saying this is the reason for it, but the coordinates creates a universal infrastructure for many, maybe any system(s).

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

if you really think that the " only logical reason " is that they plann to bomb you

then you are a paranoid idiot

jest thats an insult - but true - so tough

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by GreenBicMan

They cant kill you as good with a GPS guided bomb if it hits your driveway. It is much more effective if it hits your front door knob and comes into the house before detonating.

Unfortunately, great minds think alike. This is the absolute ONLY logical reason for them to NEED to GPS the front door and not the garage door, gate, driveway enterance, etc. THE ONLY REASON. WAKE UP AMERICA.

no really u r kidding i hope. that is the only logical reason to tag your door? why didnt you take pics of this whole ordeal if you think obama is out to kill you?

do you really think its to send a gps guided bomb into your front door? would it not be cheaper to send someone in with a gun or knife to kill u? why the hell would they want to kill u anyways?

sorry its late but this thread has some of the most ridiculous post i have ever seen.

do we have to send someone to tag a door in iraq or afganistan when we drop a gps bomb? i dont think so . sorry im just rambling on now but i couldnt even make it past the first page of this thread because its past the borderline of sane.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

They cant kill you as good with a GPS guided bomb if it hits your driveway. It is much more effective if it hits your front door knob and comes into the house before detonating.

do you really think its to send a gps guided bomb into your front door? would it not be cheaper to send someone in with a gun or knife to kill u? why the hell would they want to kill u anyways?

sorry its late but this thread has some of the most ridiculous post i have ever seen.

do we have to send someone to tag a door in iraq or afganistan when we drop a gps bomb? i dont think so . sorry im just rambling on now but i couldnt even make it past the first page of this thread because its past the borderline of sane.

Actually yes, sometimes.
There is usually a recon team that tags targets to be gps bombed via laser before a major bombing campaign.
The process is much the same as when optically eavesdropping using the laser based pickups.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Did anyone else think that the Census idiot said threatening things to a cop and got tazed or something?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Ummm.. what? lol

I think they could just use a map with coordinates if they wanted to do that...

LOL I'm with you. I don't have a fence or gate so they probably already gps'd my door if that's what they want to do but my question is: why would they want/need to do that anyway. The cops/irs and everyone else probably already knows where I live --my complete address--I'm not off the grid and neither are most people--the can just mapquest it. What's the point. Although to the OP. If i was in your shoes I wouldn't let that SOB in either!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Although you put forth a relevant and somewhat dark-humored point, I fail to see how the MIL would ever need a pencil pushing bureaucrat in order to deliver their JDAM munitions on point. Did anyone witness "Census Takers" doing the same in Afghanistan or Iraq? No, because it is a complete waste of Money, Time, and Manpower, when they already have GPS SATs precise to within inches.

I do agree with many on here however, as I fail to see the point of GPS Tagging a Front Door. There has to be some sense which masquerades somewhere within this absurd madness, but as of yet, I fail to see it. As a matter of fact, if they are supposedly going about such measures in order to upgrade the accuracy of NAV systems and Maps, then why not Tag your driveway? The driveway is where Motorists turn in, and where on many occasions, Pedestrians enter the Property.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican

Actually yes, sometimes.
There is usually a recon team that tags targets to be gps bombed via laser before a major bombing campaign.
The process is much the same as when optically eavesdropping using the laser based pickups.

Although it might happen on a rare occurrence or so, especially with hidden hard targets which SATs may have trouble distinguishing (i.e., Whether it is a friendly or foe, or Cave Entrances), such an act would remain completely unnecessary for the Residential Dwellings in question.

More often than not, any laser based recon targeting involves laser guided munitions for increased precision, not JDAMs (Which are GPS guided).

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Your door doesn't "have a GPS" on it.

A computer has a record of where (on the map) your door is.

There is no trace left on your door. You can't undo it by getting a replacement door.

Even if you demolish your house and move, the computer will still have that spot in its records.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I never trust anyone who comes to the door that says they are from the census bureau. Especially when they show a badge quickly so that you can't get a good look at it. I usually just shut the door on them just like the Jehovah Witness and any others. I haven't had anyone come up to "tag" my front door yet, but when they do i'll see if they'll actually answer any of my questions about it.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dwiggen

GPS-guided bombs are commonly referred to as JDAM's (Joint Direct Attack Munition). A standard Mk82 or Mk84 conventional bomb is fitted with a booster, a fuze, a JDAM fin kit (containing the GPS transciever) and long fins called "strakes". The strakes give the bomb a much longer glide slope, increasing stand-off distance and improving overall accuracy.

Of coarse, military GPS uses I think 3 or 4 satellites to guide the bomb to the target.. MUCH more accurate than standard civilian GPS (which, as most probably know, tends to have a pretty high margin of error in comparison).

The fin kits are usually pre-programmed with what basically amounts to a rugged laptop computer. The pilot can either manually update the targeting system and choose new targets in mid-flight or he can allow the computers in the aircraft to run the equations and calculate what the best moment is to release the weapon at the already pre-programmed coordinates to hit the target (the bomb releases itself at what the computer sees as the ideal drop point). I think the pilot also has the option to just manually drop the weapon without targeting anything with the guidance kit.

Far cry from GBU-10's, 12's, 24's, etc.. from the gulf war (which were basically the same bombs only with a different fin kits & guidance units). The old style laser guided weapons did have some advantages over the GPS-guidance though, as they could be manually guided to the target by special ops troops on the ground that "laze" the target. So the air force decided to upgrade the weapon system and allow for a JDAM weapon that can be either GPS guided and/or laser guided by troops on the ground or targeting system on the aircraft itself.

The new MOAB (Mother of all bombs) is the largest conventional bomb ever built. I think it was first tested around the time 9/11 happened as one of my bosses got the video somehow in his email and we watched it at work one day. But it, too, is GPS-guided.

All the newer ground-attack munitions are. For example, standoff weapons like the legendary JSOW which is more or less a cruise missile that drops little bombs like a mini-airplane, then can guide itself into the last target (like a kamikaze pilot would, only without the pilot).

I worked in Munitions in the Air Force for 6 yrs..

-ChriS

[edit on 22-5-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

It may appear I'm directing this comment to you though I'm not here to judge your post, only making a statement that needs to be made.

I would have worded your 'delivery' differently though the essence of what you say is true to heart.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join