It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO sees 4.9 billion pandemic flu-shots in best case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

WHO sees 4.9 billion pandemic flu-shots in best case

news.uk.msn.com

GENEVA (Reuters) - Vaccine makers could produce 4.9 billion pandemic flu shots per year in the best-case scenario, the head of the World Health Organisation said on Tuesday, as rich and poor countries grappled over limited supplies.
WHO Director-General Margaret Chan told reporters after her meeting with 30 pharmaceutical companies that "there are a lot of unanswered questions" about how many vaccines could be made to protect vulnerable people from the new H1N1 virus.
"That is a very optimistic maximum capacity," she said of the 4.9 billion estimate, which would be significantly lower i
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Uhhhh, I'm surprised this isn't getting much attention here on ATS.

Isn't anyone surprised here?

Are you serious?

I mean, isn't that a bit much?

They want to drug the masses. I mean, if you don't think anything is sinister with this...

This is just ridiculous here. 4.9 billion people? So we're all going to get a flu shot.

Fear mongering much?

news.uk.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
4.9 billion a year?

why would the need more than 6billion anyway?

what does it wear off in a year and you need a new one?

what a scam

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Google also wants to keep your search data or they won't be able to protect people: www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yeah so 4.9 billion would get shots that won't protect them from the other flu going around and there is probably three coming this season.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I wonder what they mean by when they say they see this as the best scenario.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
They probably mean that is the maximum that they could get manufactured with present facilities/technology.

Do they even have a handle on an effective vaccine yet? I thought they were still months away from a testable vaccine.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I think you don't quite get what I meant.

I'm talking about how blatant the fear-mongering is.

They're talking about giving out 4.9 billion flu-shots.

I mean, isn't that enough?

How is that just the best-case?

They want to vaccinate everyone. Who knows what stuff they'll put in it?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
OMG,

4.9 billions shots, is about 80 % of the total population.........

Sounds too much NWO to me.

I won't get that shot. No ?&?*&?? way.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

I think you don't quite get what I meant.

They want to vaccinate everyone. Who knows what stuff they'll put in it?

Hmm, gotcha.

OK, You and I don't always think along the same track.

Let me ask this. Which is better?

No flu shots and we have a 2 to 3 percent fatality rate

or

flu shots for 80% but they might put something in the vaccine besides 'vaccine'?

If they do add something to the vaccine that shouldn't be there, what do you think that might be?

Just curious as to what you think is the underlying issue, safety, control, genetic manipulation, population reduction?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

There is no reason for massive flu shots.

It's just oversensationalized hype.

It isn't lethal. Those that get sick should get care.

We don't need to be fearful about it. You sound like you bought into the hype of it.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Actually, I didn't 'buy into' anything. I'm just asking a question.

When I grew up they gave everybody shots. It was mandatory. I don't remember anybody dying from shots but I do remember seeing kids my age who were handicapped because of polio. I remember that healthy kids died from common diseases that we no longer see because of vaccination campaigns. They were real, not imagined or hyped.

As far as buying into hype goes, I believe you wrote this-
"They want to drug the masses. I mean, if you don't think anything is sinister with this... "

That sounds more like hype than the questions I asked you.

I was trying to find out what you thought the underlying issues were but apparently you think the issue is that there is no issue. The swine flu (or whatever name it has) is just hype and that there is some nefarious plot behind it.

I think if you asked the folks who have died from it to this point, they might encourage you to consider the vaccine.

I don't like the idea of getting a flu shot that is tailored for one specific virus. It reeks of profiteering. The fact is that the cat is out of the bag and we're all going to end up being exposed to it eventually.

Do I think this flu is natural? No.

Do I want to die from it or expose others to it after I get it because I refused a simple vaccine? Of course not.

So my question remains.

What do you think is the underlying motive?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Okay then, I'll give you my take.

I think that they just want to do it so the drug companies they have contracts with can make more profits.

I've been listening to Jason Bermas. He says they're going to hype it up... and see how many people take the swine flu vaccines. They're going to do it during the regular flu season. I think they're doing it for the drug companies which the WHO has contracts with. And I bet you Baxter will be reaping in the profits here.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I agree. It is a proft making venture on the part of the drug companies.

I think it's a big money making scam too. The problem is that the virus still kills people.

So, take the shot and make them rich or refuse the shot and increase your chances of dying young?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
4.9 Billion Flu shots

You would need to also then hand out 4.9 billion cookies

And you KNOW people are going to take more than one cookie.

And if you gave everyone only 4 ounces of juice to go with each cookie that is 19.6 BILLION ounces of juice. This is just a logistics nightmare.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I think the flu shots have something in them to effect the nervous system. I think we are being dumbed down by these flu shots, look at all the information we have available in the Internet era and people are more stupid than ever before.

Why is that?

Take the flu shot and you may never figure it out.

That is my take on it, and it may not be so much of a lowering of the minds capability to think as much as making us all not question, to be a more docile society.

So go ahead and take the shot.

The poster that mentioned polio. That was a different world, the world was hijacked when they got away with killing John Kennedy.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
4.9 billion sounds like more than enough considering that the average healthy adult really has no need for a flu shot. That's more than enough for the young and elderly that supposedly need these shots (whether or not they do is another debate I'm not qualified to get into). In the meantime I'll gladly let someone else have my shot.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Not getting any flu shot never have anyway...if forced...someone will die...sorry

[edit on 21-5-2009 by GOTZEUS]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

There is no reason for massive flu shots.

It's just oversensationalized hype.

It isn't lethal. Those that get sick should get care.

We don't need to be fearful about it. You sound like you bought into the hype of it.

I agree.
Look back in history.
Millions died of various pandemics , but billions didn't .
There was no vaccine then either.
The world went on and we are all here.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The world doesnt need any kind of medication. Its a failsafe plan created by our mother earth that makes it impossible for one species to get overpopulated. So why do we care for our lives so much we are ALL going to die sooner or later and anyone that wants immortal life is a selfish POS . Trillions of people probably know what its like to die and its over with they know what its like. And being alive we should thank the earth for letting us die.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join