It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Personnel Ordered To Comply With Illegal Private Firearms Registration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Military Personnel Ordered To Comply With Illegal Private Firearms Registration

www.infowars.com

An alarming document sent to us by an Infantryman based out of Fort Campbell Kentucky shows that active duty military personnel are being secretly ordered to submit information to their Chain of Command on how many firearms they own privately, their location, as well of details of any Concealed Carry permits.

Though the order was apparently rescinded, the fact that active duty soldiers are being asked to submit every detail of their private firearm collection is a telltale sign that the second The man said he had been at Fort Campbell for almost 8 years and had never encountered anything li
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Is this just more fear mongering from Alex Jones, and a statement from an ignorant/non-existent infantry man who obviously has no idea other than his own experience about command requesting personal weapons details?

When I was in the USMC 6 years ago, our command requested to have all data regarding personal firearms. If you lived on base, you had to keep your weapon in the Armory; if you lived off base you had to register it with the MPs.

Anyone have any experience?

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
When I was active duty USMC, if you lived in the barracks you were required to keep all weapons, to include knives over a certain size, in the armory. If you lived in base housing you were required to register all weapons with the Provost Marshall's office. Those living outside of "Government Quarters" were not required to register weapons.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The only time I put my firearms into the armory when I was in the USAF was when I was away from station longer than 48 hours on temporary duty or leave. The only time it was mandatory to do so was if you lived in the barracks.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
There is nothing new or shocking about this, it is standard operation. They have a vested interest in knowing who has what, stolen military hardware is a BIG business.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I concur...going on 20 years now active service. It has always been that you have to register your firearms if you live in base/post housing, store them in the arms room/armory if you live in barracks. Additionally, you are SUPPOSED to register your weapons with the state you live in if you reside in private market housing, however some people don't. In any case, registration of privately owned weapons is standard fare for the military and not something (forgive the pun) to go "up in arms" over...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This smells of The Military actually seeing soldiers as a future threat. To view their own soldiers as possible people that will help take over the government. There is a major trust issue going on. Lack their of. If there is no trust their is no union. I hope they work this out SOON!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Depends entirely whether you live on base or not.

This has been the situation for decades.

Nothing nefarious.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Thank you........To the OP, Um sorry to tell you but it is written in the Uniformed Code of Military Justice. Hate to break it to you but a military person is basically nothing more than government property. Sounds harsh, but very true.

Did you know that you can confine military personnel indefinately, limit them to bread and water rations for punishment and can also take away personally owned items, to include weapons.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Policy in the Air Force currently requires dorm residents to register weapons and store them in the armory, on base residents simply have to register them, and off base residents simply have to comply with state laws. I think the issue with this case was that the commander did not have the authority to implement as thorough of a registration as he did, and it may or may not have been applied to off base residents.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Holy moly, the real story is the comments on that page. Those people scare me, and it explains why homeland security are concerned with those sorts.

new topics

top topics

join