It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How trustworthy is Coast to Coast AM?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I've been listening to Coast to Coast AM for years and while some of the guests I consider WOO-WOO, it has done a good job of giving me alternative views. Without the show, I would have never started researching different views that don't jive with what is in the mainstream. Because of the limited amount of time that I have (like everyone), I typically record the program and listen to it on my daily 3 hour commute. This gives me a great way to listen to different opinions during a time that normally would be wasted on horrible radio.

Aliens, Ancient History, Religion, and many other topics that are discussed here on ATS; recently, I've ran across different opinions that C2C is a shill radio program and not the be trusted or listened to.

My question to ATS, is C2C a good place to get information (granted, I still need to do research on topics that interest me) or should I avoid said program?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
How trustworthy is Coast to Coast ? Well it depends .

Some of the guests are nothing more then entertainers telling a story yet others are informed people sharing there views . Its up to you to do your own research and find your own truth of the matter .

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I don't think the question "how trustworthy is C2C?" has any relevance really. The show doesn't have any particular agenda. It's not promoting any particular ideas or claim anything to be true. It's just a talk show, half the time goofy as heck, half the time just a phone in show where people can discuss any number of issues, half the time bringing on interesting characters like Michiu Kaku, and the other half of the time it discusses very serious issues like NWO. But overall, it doesn't really promote any sort of agenda.

So I guess if anything, it's a sometimes interesting source of ideas that we can research for ourselves afterwards.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I used to listen to it every night.

Once I started hearing charlatans and hoaxers on there, spreading their disinfo and selling their books, I realized it's no better than any other commercial media outfit.

The 15 mins of interesting info is not worth the 2 3/4 hours of bull.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
How trustworthy is any source of information? I think it should all be taken with a grain of salt.

They are too nice to the guests for my tastes. I don't really want to hear some guy with glasses thicker than coke bottles telling me "trained observer", and talking about how he's never seen a ufo, but I don't really care for opposite of that either where nothing is really questioned.

Ian is probably the best in this regards, but it seems like he gets alot of the crappy topics that aren't that interesting to me. Like the db cooper case, I just really didn't need to hear about that every weekend.

You never know what the agenda is for the guest, so I wouldn't trust it at all.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't know if trustworthy is the right word. C2C has never considered itself as any type of news organization although they do follow current events such as the economy and things like the honeybee die off.
The format that Art Bell came up with was to allow a platform for a huge array of topics, no matter how bizarre or creepy. Where else would we have learned about shadow people, 2012, Mel's Hole and Mothman?
They have some very knowledgeable and convincing guests as well as a hearty sprinkling of some certifiable whack jobs.
The only real difference between the current format and the original is that callers are screened now so we don't have the opportunity to hear from that segment of society that may need some new medication. Some here have stated that they don't like George Noory but following Art Bell is not an easy task. I listen for the guests, not the interviewer, although I think George Knapp may have been a better fit.
I am a streamlink member (pretty cheap actually, about a buck a day) so I can pick and chose which shows to download and listen to at my leisure or save for future reference.
I would have never found ATS if it hadn't been for C2C and I would bet that there might be many more that found this site the same way.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I agree with what everyone has said thus far. Coast 2 Coast is merely the portal for these sources to voice their stories and research through. I think every interview or caller should be examined on a case to case basis.

[edit on 5/18/09 by EFFeX2k9]

[edit on 5/18/09 by EFFeX2k9]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Pretty much garbage,its went downhill since that george noory guy showed up..Art Bell was a far better interviewer and there were many more half decent shows.George forgive me for saying just sounds like a gullible idiot.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Its run by FOX News Radio....

any more questions?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You know it's funny you mention in your OP that you need to do the appropriate research in order to find the truth.

People who call these guys liars and dis-info agents rarely do that. But truly, any conspiracy theory, regardless of relevance or truth, will cause some people to open their minds to the possibility that things aren't what they seem.

So my opinion is, all of these people are great. Doesn't matter how crazy they are or what kind of rhetoric they spew, it's all much much better than staying in the little bubble illusion created for us.

On the actual question of whether or not they are good, it depends on the guests. The regular shows are filled with great ideas and actual, truthfull notions.

I very much enjoy it and when I hear something I am not sure, I research it myself. In instances where I have found they were wrong, it wasn't by very much, a simple detail here and there.

~Keeper

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
C2C is the first place I ever ran into Hoagland. I, for one, think he has done a good job of making a case for alien artifacts on the moon/Mars. Any thoughts on Hoagland?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hi, radio fans.

Another good thing I got from C2C is IXQUICK.
www.ixquick.com
The search-engine that DOes NOT register what you do !

Blue skies.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

I dont like the man AT ALL.Ok some positives are that many will research further into the out of the mainstream box thinking after listening to him..BUT he also does severe severe damage to the real movement/people who work their asses off trying to sift through the evidence and come up with logical conclusions with cold hard evidence to back them up on a variety of out of the box phenomena...and not call a rock on the moon a robot head...just because it kinda might look like it.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Solomons]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

I dont like the man AT ALL.Ok some positives are that many will research further into the out of the mainstream box thinking after listening to him..BUT he also does severe severe damage to the real movement/people who work their asses off trying to sift through the evidence and come up with logical conclusions with cold hard evidence to back them up on a variety of out of the box phenomena...and not call a rock on the moon a robot head...just because it kinda might look like it.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Solomons]

Solomons, any other place that you would recommend to research the areas that he brings to light?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Hi

neat post!!!

The show has a variety of guests,,,,,some are complete idiots/cons though in my opinion...

But I luv Michiu Kaku and Richard Hoagland,,(I know Richard may be a bit to passionate on his beleifs,,,,smile)

I really miss Art bell so much,, I still send emails to him of "well wishes" and we miss him...

When it was Art bell,, Id listen 6 days a week,,,He could make boring shows worthwhile to listen to....
I use to call him all the time when I was a kid and even got some recordings around somewhere on tape...lol....

I remember "Will" from Madison Wisconsin who would call in and really annoy him with 101% off topic on what the show was about,,,,,
Very funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One time Art gave a long sighhhhh and said to him you must sit on the phone for hours every night trying to get thru,,,,
LOL......

I only listen if theres an interesting guest at times now,,,,

Gorge Norry doesnt really stick with me at all...
But I guess he does what he can,,,
Theres a new clan now of listeners so they probly dont know what the show use to be like...

I remember they had this Dave Seagal" who did the show rate after Art left,,,
He was horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another few months of him the whole format of the show woulda been destroyed and the higher ups got rid of him fast with NO hosting at all even,,,,

Ian punnet shouldnt even be a host for the show...Hes a very religious and a major player with his church(thats good,,nothing wronge with that) BUTTTTTTTTTT,,,
So you know he's not open minded on a lot of topics.
His shows are pretty boring such as "the price of jellow going up or such"....
Wasnt it a year or so back he was really getting offended on the UFO topics with his beleifs ,,,,so the higher ups gave him different topics for when he host,,,

If theres good guests on the show tune in,,,,if not,,,dont bother listening at all is how I feel...

I know I got it listed as one of my favorite websites,,,more due to the hangover of the Art Bell days...

sorry on my typos and huggs everyone!!!!!!!!

[edit on 18-5-2009 by amyfriend]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Hi

I highly agree,,,

I luv listening to him,,,,,

His website enterprise is really hard to navigate???...

He's a 100% certain there are some ancient artifacts on the moon and Mars....
I also think so as well....

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
C2C got me really interested in alternative topics. I used to listen to it with my dad all the time. The poster who said you need to go out and do your own research is right. For some people it will be a good source of information, but they will never know whether it's right or not if they don't go check for themselves.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

Its run by FOX News Radio....

any more questions?

That is actually your local radio station, not C2C. Back in my hometown in Florida, the station used to be affiliated with CBS, so when they ran the news during the night, the CBS jingle would play. I've heard other stations affiliated with ABC run C2C.

@amyfriend: I think that Ian is a little bit more open minded than you think. I think that it is good as well that there is a religious guy, that knows his stuff, because he can actually stand up and defend Christianity if someone makes an outlandish claim that may or may not be true--something that George, for example couldn't do.

While were talking about C2C, does anyone happen to know where I can get C2C shows in .ogg format?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Case in point on doing research. I heard a show from about a month ago with a guest named Cremo (Forbidden Archeology) and I ended up here reading for about 2 hours and ended up getting into a lot of different threads/avenues.

Originally posted by octotom
While were talking about C2C, does anyone happen to know where I can get C2C shows in .ogg format?

You'd have to grab the MP3 from Streamlink and convert it, they don't have an OGG format.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Hi,,,

sometime my wording can tend to seem to stronge,,,,
smile..

Im sure Ian is a nice and wonderfull guy...
woulda been cool having him interveiw the late father Martin...

Kinda hard for me to put this in text so please bare with me,,,

being religious average person is one thing,, but he is a step higher,,he is actually a man of the cloth.
The higher ups in the church have their SOLID veiws on certain things such as ufo's/ET's,,ghost...

Kinda an example here,,,
Say there was ufo disclosure,,,,the church;s veiw would be different than the goverments veiw...

But anyways,,,Im probly to much in love with the old art bell,,,,lol...

And theres more than some people that really hate him....

we all have our veiw I guess....

huggs

top topics

<<   2 >>

join