It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dimensions- A Quick Look Into the Science

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Well IMO the nerve synapse makes some sense, basically you have a delay in the transmission of information to a certain part of your brain. So you experience the event as it happens but there is a second delay into short term memory. So when the information gets there it is interpreted erroneously has 'just happened' when in fact it happened about a second ago thus leading to the feeling that "I've been here before", because you have but your nerves messed up creating a delay in information transfer from event to memory.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Damn you got the 100th post..lol.. I was trying to beat you and look what happened! perhaps in another reality I beat you... Or at least I can hope.

As far as Deja Vu goes. nerve Synapses makes sense to a point. That point being that it should only occur for a couple of seconds, until everything starts to kick off correctly again. Usually a person figures out they have never been here, and dismiss it.

However, how does one explain Deja Vu and the ability to act upon it. By this I mean, how do people who have Deja Vu, suddenly have an explosion of knowledge of the area. It simply does not make sense, for all the occurences, but Nerve Synspsis only makes sense for a few occurences not the many...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

en.wikipedia.org...

There is a link discussing Deja Vu in more detail, as well as other types of Deja Vu.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

They have types. Holy crap..lol.. Did not know that, thank you for bringing this to my attention. So JK what do you think your Parelell self is doing right now?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yes, you are correct.

Not all situations can be answered thusly, but most perhaps can.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Most answers only lead to more questions. And more questions lead to more answer which lead to more question and.... well I think you get my point.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It certainly does! It is also so difficult to explain something that is not quantifiable nor can be articulated well. Except to know that IT exists!

It is one of those; "you had to be there," to understand.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
A great thread that got my mind working on this idea, which I haven't in quite a while.

I was reading and wondering why it is that space is seen as the '3rd dimension', which I understand on one level, but which seems false to me on another.

The three dimensions we measure as space are static. Height, width and depth. They are constant or 'good data'.

But to my mind space actually has 6 'dimensions', widely recognized but not seen as 'dimensions'. Rather these are the ways we interact within space. Forward, backward, right, left, up and down. Of course these shift depending on orientation and are not constant, ie 'bad data'.

Perhaps the issue with multi-dimensions is that we are simply viewing it wrong.

If we look at dimensions as our possibility of direction within them, then that would place space as the '6th dimension'.

Perhaps this isn't making sense to anyone, so you might want to stop now. Because looking at this way also alter time from being a single dimension to a dimension of four movements. Two of which I was thinking of that may or may not have been posited before.

In time we can only conceivably move forward. Yet if we can count backwards, if we can have negative numbers, if we can move backwards in space, then we should be able to do the same in time. Even if we don't understand how yet.

So that being forward and backward in time as two potential movements, I also suspect we can move up and down, explaining in some way 'gravitational' effects on time. In one direction, time appears slowed. In the other, time appears sped up.

Allowing this point of view, there are ten dimensions to space/time. Leaving an unknown number more, but I suspect there is one other with two directions of movement giving a total of twelve.

Just thinking.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
In my opinion H. L and W is the finite dimension of time/matter within a infinite dimension of space.

I think that matter and energies are the only dimension that changes. They are what we call a finite dimensions. The infinite space doesn't change?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Then we bring in String Theory which has 10 dimensions while M Theory has 11.

String Theory dimensions are very small and M's can be quite large.

I am not sure I mentioned this earlier? Sorry if I did.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
Then we bring in String Theory which has 10 dimensions while M Theory has 11.

String Theory dimensions are very small and M's can be quite large.

I am not sure I mentioned this earlier? Sorry if I did.

If i understand you right. It doesn't matter how small things get. If they exist they must have a dimension of some kind. Like 10 and 11?

So at least they have 3 dimensions within them that at some point in time can be measured?

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

Glad to see you again traveller its been to long! Anyway, I like your thinking and much like MatrixProphet said, no one really knows. The physics are supposed to be different on all dimensions, except for the parellel realities correlating to them. Its a world that is wild and we are just a small part of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Thanks, TML. I appreciate the compliment and kind reply as well as the serendipitous discovery of this thread which lead me to all sorts of areas such as comparing mythical yogi powers with superposition and light frequencies, the density of 'matter' and the role of density in affecting change on a system, and even that old double-slit experiment which really only supposes that the photons(?) are taking either slit, as well as how the differences in dimensional space that physics is talking about may have something to do with density, or lack thereof.... But I digress

Nice to have a place to put old thoughts since it always makes room for new ones.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

Yes, post away. I am telling you watch us discover the truth about Dimensions and Parellel universes and then we can get either MatrixProphet or JK to jump to those dimensions..lol

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

So at least they have 3 dimensions within them that at some point in time can be measured?

Hehehe, you may be asking the wrong person! I am only a step above ignorance on this.

Here IS something I kinda understand:

Gravity is weak. The reason gravity is weak MAY be due to traveling through dimensions. How they can be measured is by; light traveling above or below it, as it is going through dimensions. Apparently this is the only way of measuring dimensions, and seeing how many there may be.

Anyone want to correct me?

we can get either MatrixProphet or JK to jump to those dimensions..lol

Aren't you cute!!

Okay guys, here is a mind twister!

Today I was talking to another friend on ATS and here is what we came up with (she has more understanding of physics than I do):

Since molecules all vibrate at different speeds, this is shown by how dense, or hard an object is. We are softer than a rock (at least most of us are, :lol
hence, our molecules are vibrating at a faster speed than a rock. Air molecules move at a much faster rate, hence, why we cannot see air.

Our thoughts vibrate at fast speeds according to the level of consciousness that a person exists on. The higher ones level of consciousness the higher the level of vibration. Where is this going - you ask?

How do we transcend one universe to another? Or dimension (quite hard I believe)? It completely depends on how high our level of consciousness is. This is turn is dependent on how fast our thoughts vibrate which affects our consciousness. Through our consciousness we may be able to transfer to another universe because we are working at a higher molecular speed of thought.

Make sense? Correct me where you feel it needs. At least don't commit me!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Um, Matrix Prophet... I posted that on the first page...lol... But not to worry. Its a common mistake, I think you had a time slip..

[edit on Jun 7th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Um, Matrix Prophet... I posted that on the first page...lol... But not to worry. Its a common mistake, I think you had a time slip..

Oh, gee!! You sure did! I am so embarrassed. Well, it goes to show that it can take awhile to sink in!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

lol, either that, or your experienced a "shift" in which you know you seen it, but forgot due to a sudden shift in dimensional levels.. of course thats all a theory and will never be proven to be true or false...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

lol, either that, or your experienced a "shift" in which you know you seen it, but forgot due to a sudden shift in dimensional levels.. of course thats all a theory and will never be proven to be true or false...

Well, things have been a little stressful lately!

The only ones who will know, are those who all of a sudden experience a new life - good, bad or indifferent. They leave everyone else behind in the former reality. I don't think it is a group deal, do you?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

No, probably not.

Come on lets go to the next dimension, you, you and you. No, Matrix Prophet you wait for the next group, wait for the next group..lol

I am not sure, take a load off my friend, unwind and if you need to talk, you know where I am at.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join