It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

coincidence vs destiny vs creating reality vs...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
coincidence vs destiny vs creating reality vs.....
Do things happen for a reason? Or, because we create them? Or is every experience coincidental?

Even if I don't know the answer and probably never will know, the question always comes back to my mind. I'm the first one to exclude "coincidence from the list".
If you match them with certain beliefsystems, it all makes sense. But, if you match it with logic you get a different story.

Ten years ago, I was 3 months pregnant at the time, I was sitting in a rental car with my husband, we rented it to move our stuff to the new house. We were just on the road when I got this strange feeling, an intuitive voice that told me to go to my sister. I asked hubby if he could drop me off at my sisters house, which wasn't far from where we were at that moment. He got a bit angry because I was supposed to help unloading the boxes. I didn't want to hear it, all I knew is that for some reason I had to go see my sister, I felt very weird and the intuitive feeling almost turned into a panic... I started yelling and crying.
After an ugly discussion he finally dropped me off.
I expected that there was something wrong with sis, but when I got there all was fine, her boyfriend at the time offered to go with my husband and help him.
So hubby drove off, said he would pick me up again in two hours.
4 Hours later they still weren't back. Eventually we started making phonecalls and found them in the hospital. Only 10 min after he dropped me off a truck had driven them off the road and they got hit by two other cars coming from the other direction. It was bad but he survived, so did my sisters boyfriend.

After that I couldn't stop thinking that, if I had been in the car I'd probably lost the baby, or worse.
On the other hand, If he hadn't dropped me off with my sister, he would've been on the accident spot 10 min earlier and that truck not been there yet....

Everyone has a story like this, but what do you really think of it?
Is it all coincidence? Or something more then that?

Opinions please!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
ok lets get this going

we have 2 things here.. one is that you was made.. correct?

life is a function, in this we have a problem "one brings ego" into play !

You and your life "your little mind" thinks it makes choices when in fact it does not as it was made be for you got here "logic"

so what ever you think you think you know or did or do ? was made that way

the universe was made the same way.. that is why we are a reflection of it!

like i said in another thread we was in.. the question we ask is the very thing we are inside of..

in order for it to work that way it would need chaos to get the answer ! = logic

so we do have destiny but that was to be here ! on the flip side because we do live in a question

it requires us to ask questions also "or how would it keep going" ?

the question is who is realy asking? me ? a tree? a lion?

nope.. IT is asking life is one answer, and we do not have a clue "but its mean to be that way"

so no you do not get a choice in a lot of ways but while we are here we do!

catch 22 ; )

nice thread
s+f

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
for some reason i don't believe in coincidences.

I think that to say something is a coincidence as an answer to why it happened is too easy.
"what a strange coincidence"
"yeh"

end of story.
you call it a coincidence then its the end of the question as to why it could have happened
the answer could be logical but raise another question
or the we may just not know the answer so why bother asking the question ?
then its just a coincidence then.

the freakiest "coincidence" i had
I met someone online, we fell in love ( really, it happens!)
she wanted a tshirt of mine, i sent one
i didnt know when she would get it, she was in europe, me in oz
one night i had a dream, I felt her for the first time, we touched. I woke up, such was the feeling and made a note to check the time.
the next day, i got a message from her...the t-shirt arrived and she put it on
the time i had the dream was the same time she put it on.
coincidence?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I think I get what you are saying, also read it in the other thread. The problem with me is that I tend to think in images and I have a hard time translating into words, once I try I often loose the understanding for a sec.
The best way to translate what I think I comprehend, is to use the hologram metaphor (I don't mean the holographic universe theory, although its a good one aswell). But looking at our environment as a hologram helps me to put things into place, the hologram being 'it', or... we are our environment.

The question is, we are placed here, that was the intention. But once we are here, is our life a series of coincidences or is it a series of pre set chain events? I didn't get that from your post

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

how very funny

i wont comment on what i find funny but it made me smile ; )

point is what we think we think is not a choice was always never a choice

life came be for our mind.. hmm let me use my own addege in this respect

you body is the temple your mind is the builder

what that means is your body is solid your mind is the universe

someone or something! is asking a question ; ) and we need to understand the question is what is the answer that we want

what makes you ask? well your asking arnt you? is that not the clue? ; )

we have a path all life has a path to follow or you would not be here

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

That is such a great story

personally I don't belief in coincidences either, I think there is more then what we see. A story like yours could really make an unaware person aware, it gets one to think deeper.. and in your case, you can only say coincidence or 'it's more then that', but no logic can be applied to it

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

ahh ok well my grammar sucks so bare with me

you are correct about the intention side of it.. you see. life itself is an answer.. its hard to put into words but the essence of all life is an answer to "its" question

now i dont know what IT is but ITs real .. just like me and you and the tree! what form it takes "who knows" i did not ask or want to find out! but if we look at it in a logical way "i feel like spok" lol life is doing something for a reason we are here for a reason.. and we can see pattens symmetry ect ect so we know it self replicates "it" self replicates

what that is? and how it relates to our life being pre made .. well on one side of this nuttyness we do have our own choice but on another side "ie the function of life" we dont

so in many ways our gift is our own question, this question will "i hope" for reasons not know to me will propagate another answer "life" ; )

we become the universe in essence so our path "lifes path" is layed out all our choices were made for us"

because life IS order not chaos our minds on the other hand have one thing "component"

a question
its required! or how and why would we even ask?

the universe is a question itself that is why we can never know the answer

well we can "coz we are it" but we cant know the true meaning or it all falls apart

trust me when i say that

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

you know that reminds me of when i was a young business owner
i wanted to ask the government department why we never got any assistance,
and our competitor, who was much larger, did.

the Gov. department official said,
"well, you just need to ask the right questions!"
i thought well f(&& u,
but as much as i was pained to admit she was right!

a small example maybe of life imitating the universe?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

we had so many "coincidences" for want of a better word, maybe synchronicities, at this time that I reawakened a lot of beliefs that i had held dormant for many years previously, just because i was stressing in the human "race"

( by the way, it didn't work out after two years, i had found my other side and she on the other hand had given up on anything that couldn't be explained by science, she denied her 'mysticsm' even after being bombarded by 'unexplainable' events)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

that's an interesting point of view

let me ponder on that for a while ... I feel a brainstorm coming up

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

The question is, we are placed here, that was the intention. But once we are here, is our life a series of coincidences or is it a series of pre set chain events?

Most definitely coincidences occur, but I would NOT say life is constructed upon coincidence events. I'd say that we make decisions everyday which effect our existence and environment, so it that your destiny?

I sort of believe that all things happen for a reason which can often times be a lesson in life, but there is no way to test that theory. Perhaps the unconscious mind is connected to a guiding force (call it God or whatever you like), but seems there is more to our lives than random events and chaos.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

well do not do it to much i died in my sleep

that is what i was told "and it did not speak to me" i felt it !

you see our problem is we do not understand the question

the question itself is IT well for us we call it god.. its only a function god or "it" is not coming to save us ...

we are the ones who can save us.. other "men" would keep your mind in a box

my job on this rock is to get you to understand why it is YOU ASK WHY

; )

functions! love em hate em required

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

sorry to hear it didn't work out...
my husband is the same on the car accident, when I try to discuss it with him he just can't stand the thought that he could have lost the baby and that thought makes him 'shut off', as if he builds a brick wall around the 'possibility' of another outcome.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

you are correct there is more to life and do you know what that is? DEATH..

life and death

1 / 0

ring a bell? well it should shouldnt it? considering we base our very being on logic ? why is that? what makes "life" work? what is "life"?

did anyone stop to think WE are just a function of something? what we inside?

we are in something that is asking a question and the result of this question does 2 things

it propogates life and death in order to get its answer !

we on the other hand are asking our own questions! why do we ask? well if we are a component of a questions someone is asking what would be the obviouse outcome? logicaly speaking

well.. US would be the logical outcome LIFE would be its logical outcome

and in that way when we ask or keep asking we propgate what?

LIFE

we are here for a reason and thats to keep ASKING WHY or what would be the point?

do you not see that we ask for a reason? we are here to keep it all going lol

we need to wake up to this fact be for our little question becomes a dilema and BOOM no more humans ..

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

so the answer to the question is: "there is no answer, just more questions" hehe, reminds me of certain Koan's

So far I like the theory, not saying that I accept it as truth, but it's interesting.
At this point though I feel that my brain cannot comprehend it (yet), so, I'll soak in it for a while, untill more questions bring more questions, hehe

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

is that not the point?

how can you do anything without asking why? why why!!

you see this word WHY is not just a word its real its VERY VERY REAL

go outside look up at the stars THAT is WHY and its real its physical...

we are physically exploring someones or somethings mind!! lol

we are so tiny but so very needed.. we are the lucky ones lucky? well yeah coz what ever made that "thing" ask a question gave us the gift to ask IT a question

why do we have pattens and symmetry ? do you find that abit mm odd? well i did lol

we live inside a physical question and the answer to its question is life and death 1/0 like a computer

i hate the matrix movie its dumb but its got allot of parallels with it

i know its hard to take in.. trust me.. i died for a reason and i plan on doing my best to convey this message

the question we ask is the very answer we seek

"on topic"

we have both for we make it work "or it would not work"

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by GypsK

is that not the point?

how can you do anything without asking why? why why!!

you see this word WHY is not just a word its real its VERY VERY REAL

go outside look up at the stars THAT is WHY and its real its physical...

we are physically exploring someones or somethings mind!! lol

we are so tiny but so very needed.. we are the lucky ones lucky? well yeah coz what ever made that "thing" ask a question gave us the gift to ask IT a question

why do we have pattens and symmetry ? do you find that abit mm odd? well i did lol

we live inside a physical question and the answer to its question is life and death 1/0 like a computer

i hate the matrix movie its dumb but its got allot of parallels with it

i know its hard to take in.. trust me.. i died for a reason and i plan on doing my best to convey this message

the question we ask is the very answer we seek

"on topic"

we have both for we make it work "or it would not work"

very interesting indeed...

...my take on this is, if we are part of a larger creatures brain - Hyperthetically speaking ofcourse - we are as an integral part of its existence, as it is of ours.

Futher along, we had to be part of its fully developed functional brain, before this larger creature was even born and brought out in it's own large world - so effectively we would be this large creatures building blocks.

Even further along, this large creature could also be part of an even larger creatures brain. Effectively being the building blocks to the even larger creature.

in a way its like the big bang, with the universe ever expanding, each planet becomes part of something bigger and bigger with every second that passes.

Now to find the beginning or the origin (the Answer to existence), we shouldn't be concentrating on the bigger picture, but infact be concentrating on the smaller and even smaller picture.

Let me explain... we need to look at this whole process in reverse. We need to study our buidling blocks, and then go even smaller and find our building blocks' building blocks etc etc.

Concentrating on the bigger picture will only produce more and bigger questions. So to start finding answers, we actually need to look at it in reverse and start concentrating on the ever smaller picture.

As spirituality proclaims, the answer lies within ourselves, and it is my guess that our creator is probably an infinitly small building block.

Now to make it even more exiting...

When one dies, your brain is the last organ to die right?
So if the "even larger creature" dies, the "large creature" will also die but only slightly later.

And when the "large creature" dies (of which we are a part of its brain), we too will die but only slightly later.

and this process is like dice stacked in a row. As soon as one is flicked over, they will all start falling, one after the other...

So essentially, it's like the accounting term, First in last out;

the first infinitely small building block will be the last one to die (fall over) should death of this whole cycle occur.

Ok my mind is hurting now...lol...did I even make sense??

star me if it did!!

Edit for typo..

[edit on 5/16/2009 by corvin77]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The fact that innocent people are in prison, shows we do not create things. Thats proof enough to dismiss hinduism, before we start and that new age stuff.

[edit on 5/16/2009 by andy1033]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The fact that innocent people are in prison, shows we do not create things. Thats proof enough to dismiss hinduism, before we start and that new age stuff.

[edit on 5/16/2009 by andy1033]

to state that as a 'fact', you would also need a detailed knowledge of those peoples lives, events they participatedin, their experiences, personal perspectives, etc.. in order to exclude self-creation

but I agree that life doesn't seem fair to many people

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by corvin77

take a look at this vid I once posted, especially the ending is striking!
Not many responded to it, but... well, take a look

tour trough reality

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join