It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times-"A climate solution that's out of this world"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
New York Times

One of the newest energy lobbyists claims he has the answer to climate change: spaceships. The government has in its possession "extraterrestrial vehicles," lobbyist Stephen Bassett said. As in flying saucers. Imagine the power source, he said, behind a 30-foot wide saucer that weighs the same as a tractor-trailer yet hurtles through galaxies at 20,000 miles per hour. "What is the energy system operating that craft?" Bassett said. "They're not burning kerosene." He added, "It eliminates oil. It eliminates coal. If it's as good as we think it is, it transforms everything." No more ozone hole or melting polar ice caps, Bassett said. And the price of electricity would drop to almost nothing. Bassett believes this. Fervently. He is working for free as a lobbyist, representing the Hawaii-based Exopolitics Institute, an educational organization which describes itself as "dedicated to studying the key actors, institutions and political processes associated with extraterrestrial life." Bassett said he is less lobbyist and more political activist. "The UFO phenomenon is real," Bassett said. "The E.T. extraterrestrial presence is real." Bassett's been lobbying about seven months, targeting the science and technology, and defense and aviation angles. He added energy to his portfolio in a Senate filing last week. He has spoken to lawmakers in the past, Bassett said, but he's writing off lobbying Congress for now, calling the extraterrestrial issue "the third rail" of politics. Besides, he and other believers have a bigger name on their list. "Knowing that Congress could not act," Bassett said, "what we did was focus on the executive branch, the White House." Those who believe the truth is out there have been waiting for someone like President Obama to come clean about the government hiding information on extraterrestrials, Bassett said. Obama would be "sensitive to the concerns of the military intelligence community," Bassett said, plus he is popular worldwide, and he "has the intelligence to handle it." Bassett and fellow believers during the presidential campaign launched the "Million Fax on Washington" and have been sending Obama faxes and e-mails and leaving voice mail messages asking him to admit that E.T. is real. Documents should be released. There should be congressional hearings. And that spaceship technology should be made available to the public. Odds that this will happen are improving, Bassett said. Obama has friends backing a release of all information on extraterrestrials. Those friends include John Podesta, president and CEO of the progressive Center for American Progress. "John has been supportive of efforts by groups who have pushed for government transparency," said John Neurohr, a Center for American Progress spokesman. "But he has not talked with President Obama about the issue." One energy analyst said it is not surprising that among the great diversity of energy lobbyists there is one who wants to expose a UFO cover-up. "I hope he's right. Wouldn't it be cool?" said Jerry Taylor, senior fellow and energy analyst with the libertarian Cato Institute. "Good luck to him. Hopefully, the magic energy machine will be coming our way shortly."

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Although i'd like to believe that Obama will declare the extraterrestrial presence, chances are he will not. I think its already been proven that he's not here to bring any changes that will benefit the rest of world. Interesting article though; who knows maybe he will declassify them, only time will tell.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
it's actually quite amazing that the NY Times is covering something like that, and not even making fun of it! I wouldn't hold your breath on the Obama thing - history shows that presidents are not really in the loop when it comes to whatever black ops unit is dealing with the ETs. Presidents have tried repeatedly to find out for themselves whats what and have run up against a brick wall.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Holy Crap. I know Stephen Bassett has been aggressively pushing the "Disclosure" agenda, but a NY Times article? I'm shocked.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Seems alot of important media channels and magazines have not denied their belief into the matter of UFO's and/or extraterrestrial existence.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SKIN-E

New York times also posted an article on the re emergence of Maitreya World Teacher. That sucks. The star they mention is actually 4 UFOs in our orbit. Something big might just happen.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
NY Times: We are almost bankrupt, nobody wants to advertise with us, we are so left-wing that no one takes us seriously. What do we do?

Let's get the Global Warming kooks and the UFO kooks together and have a stiring rendition of Kumbya!!!!

That will sell some papers!!!!!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This wouldn't have gotten coverage just a short while ago. Disclosure is coming. Just curious what kind. Most people think its going to be a release of files. I see THEM showing up and us getting a choice. TPTB will try to make them our enemies but we have to choose between FREEDOM and NWO. I'm sure we make the right choice.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If you can't see that we are living in at least "interesting" times to say the least then you watch too much American television. The only TV I'll watch is some news, and even then it's all filtered and for the good of TPTB's cause. Only to keep up on events around the world, but I don't really take news as 100% truth in every instance.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
the UFO/ET phenomena has definitely become a lot more mainstream, i just wonder how much longer they are gonna have to embed it in phblic consciousness before they start disclosure. i hope not too much longer. i grow weary of waiting.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I know people are saying, oh it's the NY Times, but come on this is the NY Times. The more coverage the better. Go Bassett Go!!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
NY Times: We are almost bankrupt, nobody wants to advertise with us, we are so left-wing that no one takes us seriously. What do we do?

Let's get the Global Warming kooks and the UFO kooks together and have a stiring rendition of Kumbya!!!!

That will sell some papers!!!!!

Snip

New York Times is "left-wing"? Hardly. So "left wing" that "no one wants to advertise with them"? Take a look at the state of publishing and newspapers globally and you'll see it has nothing to do with the marked pinheaded "left-wing"ed-ness you ascribe to the paper business but rather to the decline and value of advertising in print as opposed to on the net.

But you probably wouldn't understand the net since you're stuck in the 50's. Which explains your dogmatic devotion to being 'conservative'.

Snip

[edit on 14-5-2009 by bloodline]

[Mod Edit - Snip]
Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory Please Review this link

[edit on 15/5/2009 by Sauron]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
"hurtles through galaxies at 20,000 miles per hour"

that's got to be a misquote.

Fairly neutral article although I didn't care for the reference to 'believers".
It's a loaded word.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Even thought the NYT treated the article "seriously," the folks they took comments from didn't. Which circles back around to the question, "Did they really take it seriously?"

Regardless, I saw the news article earlier this morning and was hoping to see it on the main page at ATS today, which is why I've S&F'd it.

We'll have to wait and see just what Bassett and his organization accomplishes. Dr. Steven Greer tried this quite a while back.

Bassett, albeit seemingly a little weird (I think you have to be in this field), also seems like a cool guy; sent him an email after the CNN coverage of the X-Conference and he responded back to me personally.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
If you can't see that we are living in at least "interesting" times to say the least then you watch too much American television. The only TV I'll watch is some news, and even then it's all filtered and for the good of TPTB's cause. Only to keep up on events around the world, but I don't really take news as 100% truth in every instance.

as you shouldnt i do the same. i watch the news to keep up on world events but i dont trust it one bit, i cant even watch it like i use to. being an ATS and opening my mind to being outside the box has changed how i percieve everything anymore..

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm sure Obama was briefed by several alphabet agencies as to what our involvement in these areas is. However, I do not believe that he was told everything. To steal a line from "Independence Day"...plausible deniability.

I also believe that these alphabet agencies determine whether or not a sitting president is to be told or not, depending on the opinion of the one in office. Carter wasn't told as he had an interest in UFO's and, in my opinion, would have been the best chance in the last 40 years to disclose what we had. So, he wasn't told.

Regan was close with his speech where he made the statement about what we would do if the earth was attacked by extraterrestrials. Very odd to mention that in a speech.

Bush 41 absolutely knows as former head of the CIA. Clinton, I believe, was not told. Bush 43 knows as well.

This subject is the best kept secret in the higher eschelons of the government. Unless ET actually lands somewhere where there are a multitude of witnesses, this will never be publically disclosed no matter how many whistle blowers there are.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I am now thoroughly convinced that we are being prepared for disclosure. The amount of coverage that the UFO/alien subject is getting has increased exponentially of late.

What I have to wonder, though, is if we ARE being prepped, is it because there actually IS an alien presence, or is it because announcing an alien presence is part of a global agenda. I mean, as reagan said:

"how easy his task and mine

might be in these meetings that we held if suddenly there was a threat

to this world from some other species from another planet outside in the

universe. We'd forget all the little local differences that we have

between our countries ..."

what better way to unite the countries of this world under global rule than a threat of outside attack/intervention.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

And you just turned this thread into a political issue why? I'm really getting tired of coming into threads and finding people doing this over and over again. This goes for people criticizing any side. This thread is about aliens, not right vs. left.

Anyway...

Going off of some of the threads posted very recently, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if we start to see more and more conditioning like this in order to get us (well those who don't quite believe in ET presence) to be more open minded about it so when they do disclose, there won't be as much madness and mayhem.

ET believers have noticed a serious increase in activity as of late. It might be getting to the point where they aren't going to be able to hide it anymore so letting these little trickles out into the mainstream are a way to cushion the blow.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

This reminds me of the Watchmen movie where Dr. Manhattan agreed to be the scapegoat for the nuclear explosions because he said as long as humans believed he was on Mars getting ready to attack at any time, there would be peace on Earth. Especially since he doesn't die.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
wow, coming from the NYTimes, i take this as partial disclosure in itself!

i mean, they said, in their official national paper, that the government has spacecraft in its possession!

this isn't the "National Enquirer" we're talking about here!

<<   2  3 >>

join