It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COD 7 confirmed by Treyarch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

ShackNews is reporting that David Kim, a senior animator at Treyarch (the studio that developed Call of Duty: World at War), let it slip on his LinkedIn profile that Call of Duty 7 is indeed in development and will be coming to us courtesy of Treyarch and not Infinity Ward.

Kim's post on LinkedIn read, "I am currently on my second title as a senior animator in the games industry with Activision / Treyarch on Call Of Duty 7."

This should be of no surprise to fans of the series as Activision is committed to keeping to the schedule of releasing annual installments of its most popular franchises. No platforms were revealed but PS3, Xbox 360, and PC are safe bets given the history of the franchise.

Stay tuned for more if and when it happens.

Source - IGN

Sigh...

Activision seems to be following the footsteps of EA with their Need for Speed franchise by pumping out a new game for the COD series every 6 - 12 months.

Treyarch, who developed the resounding gameplay flop that was COD5, are back at the helm for COD7, which will undoubtedly be resigned to the same fate as COD5 (regarded as worse than the game before it).

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Holy mother of Meat! And I just heard of COD6 yesterday.

I admit I haven't played any of them after 3, but these two games give me something to look forward too..

Thanks for posting!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
A new game every 6 - 12 months? Do you know ANYTHING about the cod series?

They always come out for rememberence day. November the 11th. It will be out that week, the same as the last 4 games before it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Seriously, fooffstarr,

why are you so anti-CoD?

as Boniouk06 said before me, they release the games on Rememberence Day...

But hey, these games are epic...

They just need to de-crapify the Wii versions and HOPEFULLY CoD:MW2 will be better than CoD:WaW...

But hey, they haven't failed us for 4 games...

and can't be worse than what Bethesda did to the Fallout franchise...
:shk::shk::shk::shk::shk:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by killas900

Compare COD4 (Infinity Ward) with COD5 (Treyarch) and see why this news won't be received very well.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
COD 4 MW was awesome.

COD 5 WAW was awful... played it a couple of times at a mates, and didn't even want to buy it.... it sucks.

I still play COD4 man.... i cannot wait for MW2...... it's been so long.
It better be better than COD5 WAW...

Not even gonna bother with this one....as it's the WAW people doing it.

[edit on 28/5/09 by blupblup]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by killas900
Seriously, fooffstarr,

why are you so anti-CoD?

as Boniouk06 said before me, they release the games on Rememberence Day...

But hey, these games are epic...

They just need to de-crapify the Wii versions and HOPEFULLY CoD:MW2 will be better than CoD:WaW...

But hey, they haven't failed us for 4 games...

and can't be worse than what Bethesda did to the Fallout franchise...
:shk::shk::shk::shk::shk:

I'm not anti-COD. I'm anti-Treyarch.

They butchered COD3. It was a terrible game compared to the 2 previous ones.

They failed to live up to the hype with COD5. The single player was lacking and the multiplayer was left to die by most COD4 players.

COD6 will be a great game... simply because Infinity Ward are back at the helm. They know how to make a good, script-heavy shooter.

Treyarch just aren't experienced enough.

top topics

join