It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J Edgar Hoover admitted Army recovered downed UFO

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by extheist

extheist,

see post below...

[edit on 5/13/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by extheist

If a virus can live in temperatures comparable to boiling battery acid,then who is to say that ET's cannot be real?

extheist, welcome to ATS!!!

What you have described is, essentially, a real-life example of what have been observed on our OWN planet!! They are known as 'extremeophiles'.

[edit on 5/13/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman
reply to post by Gawdzilla

He mentioned the government's 'knowledge' of the subject and did however say he was still being briefed on the subject, which, to me would suggest that they have information to 'brief' him with...

edit - spelling

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

It all depends on what Nixon was being asked...

For example, if I had asked "What is your knowledge of lizard people" he might have said "I cannot speak about my knowledge of lizard people"

Sure except you didn't provide an explanation for why he said he was "still being briefed on the subject".
Now why would he say that if he wasn't being briefed? Do you even know what briefed means?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by extheist
I have taken kind enjoyment on reading the forums for a year,and this will be my first post. If a virus can live in temperatures comparable to boiling battery acid,then who is to say that ET's cannot be real?

I wouldn't make that comparison, viruses aren't even considered alive but your on the right track with your logic.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

What??

A virus isn't, by definition, 'alive'??

Well...that is an interesting perpective to take.

Various Human diseases cause by viruses:

the Flu

the HIV/AIDS

the Polio

shall I go on?

SO....if, per your assertion, a virus is not alive. HOW to reconcile the seeming 'need' of this "NOT-ALIVE" entity to invade and infect and reproduce???

IF, as you claim, a virus is 'not alive', then WHAT impels it to infect and replicate???!!!??????

Waiting for your very erudite response.......

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Nope your post didn't change the fact that viruses aren't alive, sure they have some properties that life forms have, but it has to have them all to be considered "alive".

"Viruses straddle the definition of life. They lie somewhere between supra molecular complexes and very simple biological entities. Viruses contain some of the structures and exhibit some of the activities that are common to organic life, but they are missing many of the others. In general, viruses are entirely composed of a single strand of genetic information encased within a protein capsule. Viruses lack most of the internal structure and machinery which characterize 'life', including the biosynthetic machinery that is necessary for reproduction. In order for a virus to replicate it must infect a suitable host cell".

-serc.carleton.edu...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Ya know what? YOU, 'bl4ke360' have just, inadvertently, shown how to shatter the ideas of various members, here on ATS, who are strict 'fundamentalists', as it pertains to the 'bible'.

Since we're on a thread that is espousing a potential ET presence, I see this as on topic.

ANY discussion of extraterrestrial technology, that may be in the hands of Humans, must, by definition, also include a discussion of the biological aspects of any Human/EBE encounter.

Glad you contributed a new idea....I think it has merit, in this forum.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

He mentioned the government's 'knowledge' of the subject and did however say he was still being briefed on the subject, which, to me would suggest that they have information to 'brief' him with...

edit - spelling

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

I'm sure you would get the same response even if you told him:
Excuse me Mr President, but you a have a booger hanging from you nose.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

Hi mentioned the government's 'knowledge' of the subjkect and did however say he was still being briefed on the subject, which, to me would suggest that they have information to 'brief' him with...

Or he could have been waiting to see if anybody came forward with information that was positive. He wouldn't have been briefed by just one agency, and they had to check their own records before reporting to him. It usually a good idea to do some IMAC before tell the President anything.

The statement is only a "smoking gun" if you assume the government actually has a wreck. Proving your thesis by your conclusions is kind of backward.

What makes you assume they don't though?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

"We must insist upon full access to disks recovered. For instance, in the LA case the Army grabbed it and would not let us have it for cursory examination."

The Army didn't let them have it because they never recovered it. The Battle of Los Angeles is simply a case of war nerves.

Richard Nixon, US President from 1969 to 1974: "I'm not at liberty to discuss the government's knowledge of extraterrestrial UFO's at this time. I am still personally being briefed on the subject."

He is saying that he doesn't have enough information to say anything at that time. Some people would prefer to say nothing rather than make wild speculations based on incomplete information.

Right. A President would not declare anything if there wasn't full understanding of the facts. Talk about stirring up a panic...

At this point in time, people were claiming to see "things" that they thought were Unidentified. The reality is that they are 99.9% of the time, untrained observers.
They don't really understand what they are seeing, even though a trained observer would tell you it's a plane, or a star...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

A virus is a Micro Organism hence it is a living form.

Just like Mold, or a germ, or bacteria.

Just because it doesn't sit with you and have conversations doesn't mean it's not a living organism.

Someone posted Viruses "straddling" the definition of Life. Well a Virus has the ability to infect, it has the ability to "seek" out host cells and infect them. This is not an involuntary action, this is a driven reaction. Hence i'd say a virus is a lifeform.

Just because it doesn't have the biological mechanisms to reproduce, it still CAN reproduce, like a parasite. Any other definition would just be an opinionated perspective. Like aborting a fetus etc...

[edit on 5/14/2009 by Brainiac]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

ET's are real.

We are ET's right now up in orbit above Earth.

When we leave Earth in our Space Crafts, we become Extraterrestrial. When we return to Earth we become terrestrial...

Right now we have Extraterrestrial Satellites in orbits around various planets and moons in our Solar System.

Right now we have extraterrestrial machines exploring Mars.

We landed on Mars with our Space Craft there just was no one there to witness our arrival.

We landed on Titan with our Space Craft, there was no one there to witness our Alien craft land...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
no metabolism, no life.

pretty standard definition. to include viruses among the living is a major stretch.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
What is real are experiences, and such things cannot be de-valued through anothers perceptions no matter what they may be.

There have been real experiences with Space Craft, both black-ops and ET in Origin. I value experiences over Data that will and can always be out lived by experience. This is my understanding of this subject.

The experiences have occured, and so many trust not there own species, but the ones who tell you who to trust...And beyond that, trust yourselves. Nobody needs a book or a number to tell them what is what and who is who, use your own light and guidance.

One planet, Giant Universe, Lots of Love.

Be In Peace.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

Semantics, Brainiac, thee of DC, as am I.

Then, we shall coin a new phrase, to denote those not of Terrestrial origin??

Ultra-terrestial?? (sounds better than non-terrestrial...)

Uber-terrestrial??

Vulcan??

Stop me when I get close.......

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
And people say there is no evidence.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Originally posted by extheist
I have taken kind enjoyment on reading the forums for a year,and this will be my first post. If a virus can live in temperatures comparable to boiling battery acid,then who is to say that ET's cannot be real?

I wouldn't make that comparison, viruses aren't even considered alive but your on the right track with your logic.

I'm with you on that one. My collegue is a Microbiology grqaduate and we've often discussed viruses. As I never studied biology I find stuff like this fascinating.

From what I understand viruses are packets of 'data' i.e. genetic code, much in the same way computer viruses contain code which effects computers (or hosts). -= It always amazes me how we often mimic nature in our technology, even sub-conciously, look at neural networks and compare them to computer networks for example!

However, you wouldn't claim that a computer virus was a living entity, so why a biological virus?

As to what or who creates human viruses, that's another question.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
On the other hand... If Nixon was asked a question about Jesus, or another religious figure, and his response was "I'm still being briefed.' people wouldn't immediately assume that they must be real if there was a briefing about them. He might simply be briefed on people's opinions on them, so he doesn't say the wrong thing. It's a way of saying "No comment."

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4demon
On the other hand... If Nixon was asked a question about Jesus, or another religious figure, and his response was "I'm still being briefed.' people wouldn't immediately assume that they must be real if there was a briefing about them. He might simply be briefed on people's opinions on them, so he doesn't say the wrong thing. It's a way of saying "No comment."

It's not a way of saying 'no comment' - 'still being briefed' implies that not only is there data, that there is enough data there for it to take a length of time for him to be briefed in. If there were little data the briefing would have been pretty short.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

"still being briefed" is political speak for "i have no idea and need to ask my military first "

[edit on 14-5-2009 by yeti101]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join