It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice Chile ufo video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I don't think its a CGI.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Now that I look at it, that air force training thing sounds reasonable explanation.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

The Pillán T-35 used as a trainer by the Chilean Air Force, has a single nose mounted landing light.

The group flies together and lands together. They are not waiting to land they are flying a landing pattern.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It is definately not a cgi. look at it

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmazzagatti
reply to post by ozzraven

Do you know if there are any roads on the mountain, or if there's empty space between the lights and the mountain?

I think, if you look carefully and play with the contrast, that you can see that some of the lights coming from the right eventually pass in front of a smaller mountain to the left, after having passed in front of the larger mountain at the back, which would indicate the lights are in the air. Besides, there's no way these are anything traveling on a road.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Malcram]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm not getting anything with that link. And this is the same plane as in your earlier video, where it is shown using multiple lights, isn't it?

My earlier response to Nohup was regarding planes landing at the "local airport". Do we know if the Chilean Airforce uses the "local airport" for such unorthodox landings? Is there an Airport at that location is Santiago? Or is there an Airforce Base at that location (off camera, to the right)? Anyone know?

I'm off to try to find out.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

The aircraft in the video I posted have a single landing light. They are Pillán T-35's like this (hope this link works):
www.airliners.net...

The video in the OP is of too low quality and the planes are too distant for the red and green wingtip lights to be visible.

[edit on 5/13/2009 by Phage]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The video in the OP is of too low quality and the planes are too distant for the red and green wingtip lights to be visible.

[edit on 5/13/2009 by Phage]

You mean if they are planes?
Or do you have more info you haven't divulged yet which proves this theory?

Thanks, yes, that link worked.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

The Chilean Air Force is based at Los Cerrillos Air Base.
33°29'42.27"S, 70°41'50.63"W

They are airplanes.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the added info. I'll keep looking into it.

Stunning as this may be to you Phage, I need more than your statement to accept your theory as fact.
(Although for others, a Phage proclamation alone is apparently worthy of a star! LOL) Unless, as I say, you have more evidence to prove it? I fine with that. I'd just like to hear it all.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

OK, perhaps I have this wrong, but it looks like the lights are heading directly away from Los Cerrillos when they are supposedly "coming in to land". Cerrillos, according to my map (zoom out a little), is within Santiago. The person who took the video said they were facing south west and you can basically locate the mountains in the video to the south west on a map. By my reckoning, when the lights appear to be stationary, they could be facing Cerrillos, but when they peel off to the right, they are still well outside of Santiago and end up heading well away from Cerillos. If this is a "landing pattern" I don't think they can be landing at Los Cerrillos, although I do see another Air Port of some type to the NW of Cerrillos, I'm still looking into that.

Also the T - 35 Pillan has a top speed of 311 kph, whereas the video maker estmated the top speed of the lights to be in excess of 800 kph, based on his knowledge of the terrain.

He was also quite detailed regarding his measurements

He also said: "I have seen a lot of airplanes on that area (as someone else said, there is an airport in Santiago) and they didn't look like this".

You can view all of his posts at ATS regarding this sighting and others as well as other videos and photos of the terrain HERE

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

At the risk of sounding like I'm jumping on your bandwagon, I was thinking about that video about 1/2 an hour ago. I realised I'd seen that location before in a previous thread showing an aerobatic display that was being misidentified as a "UFO mothership".
So, I realised it must have been a few more of those same planes.
Oh well, another one bites the dust....

I just had a few mins free & found a link to a video of it. I grabbed the first one I found so you'll have to put up with that x-files music. I'm sure that's the same area.
www.dailymotion.com...

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Sam60]

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Sam60]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

The cameraman estimated the distance of the lights at about 37 miles from his location. Based on that estimate, he then estimated the distance they covered and thereby the speed. You, from viewing the video, also believe that the lights are beyond Santiago. The problem is, there is nothing to base the estimated distance upon. From the video we know only that the lights are between the mountains and the camera. There is no way to judge the distance of points of light.

Sure, the lights could be 37 miles away (very bright lights!). But...
We know that the Chilean Air Force is based at Cerrillos. We know that they fly T-35's. We know that they fly in fairly large formations. We know that T-35's have a single, nose mounted landing light. We know that the cameraman was about 7 miles to the ENE of Cerrillos. With what we know, it is very reasonable to assume that these are aircraft landing at Cerrillos.

When airplanes are preparing to land they usually fly a pattern consisting of a downwind leg, a base leg, and a final leg (Landing pattern). Military pilots do vary from this basic pattern sometimes. I believe we are seeing the aircraft flying their downwind leg toward the camera. As they turn onto their base leg their landing lights turn away from the camera causing them to dim. At the same time they fly across the field of view.

Below is a rough (I'm getting sleepy) diagram of what I am talking about. As I said, it is impossible to judge from the video exactly where the planes are but a landing pattern would look something like this. The geometry would be similar. The base leg could be nearer or farther from the camera. Since we don't the the exact direction of the camera, the downwind leg could be more to the east or west. In the video we only see the first part of the base leg because the aircraft leave the frame. Since the planes are much closer than 37 miles the speed would be significantly less than the cameraman estimated.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/9dee4dca84772e24.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 5/14/2009 by Phage]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Malcram

The Pillán T-35 used as a trainer by the Chilean Air Force, has a single nose mounted landing light.

The group flies together and lands together. They are not waiting to land they are flying a landing pattern.

Okay but this still DOES NOT exlain why they appear to be hovering and then shoot off at a high rate of speed. Also, the lights dissapear in thin air before they even get to the horizon...
I'm not buying the plane idea! Helicoptors would be a more practical exlination but again, they move to fast to be helicoptors. And heli's do not need to desend like that to land.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ls1cameric

They appear to hover because they are flying directly toward the camera. As I explained, the lights disappear because the aircraft turn away from the camera, the same reason they start moving across the field of view.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well I hate to say it but I agree with phage, nothing personal man, just the fact that it is probably not UFO related is why,

but planes seem to be a logical explanation. I'm not saying that its factual just logical, if they are flying towards you it would seem like they are hovering,
good on ya phage and the op was still interesting!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
here is a pic of the remmaining airports

Cerrillos Airport no longer exist (the big one below) They are building houses now

The "aeropuerto de santiago" (pudahuel - arturo merino benitez) is on the west north outside city limits (commercial planes)

El bosque and tobalaba are still in use for small planes

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I watched video again and I must say I agree with Phage 100%. Very good explanation.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by hande]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Too good of a shoot, like it was planned to make this video.
What does the video author say, is he an agent of the Illuminati.
Quite bright lights in hover that dim at movement, like they hear
a Bill Lyne description of a UFO.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

What a great optical illusion huh!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join