It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwanese ‘Yeti’ is mentally ill ex-sailor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
From the article at: www.--.com...

A bizarre story worthy of a Hollywood horror movie plot has emerged from Taiwan. Residents of the Taiwanese town Dawu have been terrorised by a ‘Wild Man’ for the last year and researchers of paranormal activity began to believe ‘Yeti’ was living in the region. The creature said to have amazing physical strength has been stealing crops, food and animals. Mass panic in the town over the case has meant that the police have become involved. It has now emerged that the “Yeti’ is indeed no cryptid but an ex-Sailor with the Taiwanese Navy who after being discharged from service developed psychological problems. The man eventually wound up in jail and after being released chose to leave civilization to live in nearby caves. The man identified as Mr Tai-Tung, aged 39 does not shave or cut his hair hence his terrifying appearance. Mental health expert Ms. Yu Lin noted that ‘This highlights the inadequacy of the system in dealing with trouble individuals. This man should be receiving assistance and care not being

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I will sleep better knowing that bigfoot has been arrested.
Thanks for the info.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

A better title would have been

Yeti in need of physco therapy

I'm glad that crypto mystery is solved. Maybe our Bigfoot here in the states is just simply a homeless schizophrenic lumberjack?

[edit on 12-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Though I must confess I feel sorry for the "yeti", this made me laugh.

Hopefully though, he'll be able to get some help so that the village may be safe once again...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
still doesn't explain how he got his superhuman strength?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by tamusan

Maybe our Bigfoot here in the states is just simply a homeless schizophrenic lumberjack?

Not that there's anything wrong with that. I know some homeless schizophrenic lumberjacks and they are fine, upstanding Americans.

I can't wait to see how this is twisted around to explain away future sightings of... well anything bipedal.

[edit on 5/24/09 by Magnivea]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by theoctopus

Crazy people tend to be ridiculously strong for some unknown reason.Or atleast that seems the most logical conclusion as to why they all thought he had super human strength.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
A deranged antisocial human does not a yeti make. Mistaking a longhaired person with a beard as an animal is darn near an impossibility unless you have an incredibly ignorant population. There is nothing newsworthy in this story and it certainly does not advance cryptozoology in any manner. Why not something like, "A UFO did not land on the White House lawn again today".....

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Maybe our Bigfoot here in the states is just simply a homeless schizophrenic lumberjack?
Slay, I have to say, that right there killed me

anyway, back to the matter at hand. It does seem kinda strange that they seen a "mountain man"(doesn't shave, hence he has long hair and a beard) and didn't realise that it was just another crazy hermit, in search of some grub.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
how cool would it be if the loch ness monster and the chupacabra where also dudes in a costume?

top topics

join