It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Revoultion Possible, Not So Difficult

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
What the article says is that a war like Viet Nam, a guerilla force whipped up on the most powerful nation in the world, they won by attrition. America won all the battles, but lost the war, and that is just how it would be IF...the ones whom we are fighting can field an army that will actually kill us, which I doubt could be done with National Guards, Army, or Marines, and the SOG Teams, these men and women are Americans, and would stand with Americans, as would a great deal of the police force, both State and local. Who would be left? Blackwater would, and perhaps other groups like them. The States would have control of the State arsenals, and most origanized Militia would obey the State they are operating in. We all need to stand behind our State Governors as out leaders, if they are true, if they are not, take them out of the office.

True indeed. To anyone who thinks that the government would use its own armed forces against its own people, i say this: When you take the oath of enlistment, BEFORE you swear to obey the orders of the officers appointed over you, you swear to defend the Constitution of the United States of America against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC. It is our job to defend that citizens of the United States as well...and trust, i have talked to people and i havent found another soldier yet that doesnt share the same mindset.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
Americans have forgotten that they ARE the goverment. You would be shooting yourselves. Vote, don't shoot. FBI, go get these guys, they scare me. You have a complaintant, do your duty,pigs. Trace the IPs.

Voting whats that? Hasnt there been election fraud ever election? Now look Acorn is under invistagation for voter fraud in 14 states and rising, so what does voting me when it can be rigged? Lets not forget the medias undying support for one canidate and fail to point out there canidates short commings.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Ismail

Doesnt it seem we are headed that way anyway? Regardless of who does it?

Exactly. If it turns out that way anyways . . . at least we gave it a shot.

Originally posted by earthman4
Americans have forgotten that they ARE the goverment. You would be shooting yourselves. Vote, don't shoot. FBI, go get these guys, they scare me. You have a complaintant, do your duty,pigs. Trace the IPs.

Yep . . . voting has worked the last 40 years.

FBI get us for . . . freesom of speech?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I am rather humored to see yet another one of these pointless pro-revolution threads being run up the flag pole. Ignore the logistics, ignore the fact that the people have no light armor, no mechanized infantry. How many average Americans have looked down the sights of a rifle and taken the life of another living human being? The answer: not nearly enough for this retarded notion of revolution to ever work.

Soldiers are trained to repress the flight response when battle starts, the average people are not and will flee after the first grenade goes off or an armored vehicle turns the corner. The people are not trained in proper concepts necessary to just about every ground based fighting force such as field of fire and the like. Its quite likely that the peoples forces would suffer huge losses from their own lack of training as well as those of the superior fighting force opposing them.

Of course then you have this which points out quite clearly that this is a legal prohibition against revolt; if you act against the constitution then are you really any better than the supposed enemies?

Seriously people, forget this notion of tossing off your government and learn to live in ways that make you less dependent upon them and thus just a little bit more free.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Then did we not fail ourselves by not turning out in droves to oppose both parties? Where is OUR responsibility as citizens? You want to talk about the U.S. Constitution, but to what length have we as a country gone to promote and protect it? The government can't legally take anything we do not give them, and that does not mean that some of "us" in the know should revolt to correct that, but that means as Americans we have failed our fellow Americans and our forefathers by not having a little more backbone in using our checks and balances as a people against what some would consider an "out of control" government.

Constitutionally speaking of course. Should those approximate 70,000,000 people that didn't vote have a say in anything, as they wouldn't take an hour out of their day to go vote, even if it was in protest?

The inability of a country to take care of itself, and the extremist idiots who want to "scrub" it and start anew blows my mind. For the time being given on these dumb ass revolution hypothetical situations, ammo hoarding, and bug out building, people could be putting a lot of energy into making this a greater, more proficient democracy.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

It's not freedom of speech when you're discussing actions which may potentially endanger the lives of others, that is conspiracy. If you think you're such a badass, with a huge following of people who's beliefs parallel yours, why don't you help restore the democracy instead of making yourself look foolish on the internet. Not only foolish, but a prime target for monitoring. I believe the FBI is mostly afraid of people who are ready to shoot, but don't know what they're shooting at. That's probably where the justification for the Patriot Act came into play.

Thanks for that.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

Then did we not fail ourselves by not turning out in droves to oppose both parties? Where is OUR responsibility as citizens? You want to talk about the U.S. Constitution, but to what length have we as a country gone to promote and protect it? The government can't legally take anything we do not give them, and that does not mean that some of "us" in the know should revolt to correct that, but that means as Americans we have failed our fellow Americans and our forefathers by not having a little more backbone in using our checks and balances as a people against what some would consider an "out of control" government.

Constitutionally speaking of course. Should those approximate 70,000,000 people that didn't vote have a say in anything, as they wouldn't take an hour out of their day to go vote, even if it was in protest?

The inability of a country to take care of itself, and the extremist idiots who want to "scrub" it and start anew blows my mind. For the time being given on these dumb ass revolution hypothetical situations, ammo hoarding, and bug out building, people could be putting a lot of energy into making this a greater, more proficient democracy.

How is it possible when the extremist idoits, ammo hoarding, bug out building, people are the bottom of the food chain. Money is power and power is money. And if you havent noticed the goverment spent away alot of tax payer dollars on useless bailouts. Also, I work hard for my meager pay check, and eventually I will see HUGE TAXES taking out of it. If you dont think its coming then you are the Idiot sir. That is what pisses me off the most. The schools in my area are failing, I work two jobs to send my three kids to Private school, to give thema better chance, but what I see right now is the goverment taking it all away from them with this out of control spending. And coming soon to a paycheck near you out of control taxing.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

I'm not very good at history but can you are someone else please tell me what a revolution would be like in this country?

Would it be a civil war or something very different ?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You disagree with the taxation, so you're ready for war? Using a hint of rational thought, I'd have to ask, Rambo, what kind of world would your children you work so hard for be if this country went to #?

You wouldn't have to work because there'd be no job. You wouldn't have to pay for private school, because THERE'D BE NO PRIVATE SCHOOL. If you want to talk realistically, what if it was those very same children who become casualities in the crossfire? What if your home is taken away from you and leveled because you were declared an "enemy of the state; domestic terrorist."

What would life be like then?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The only way we would have an armed revolution and should is if states start ceceding from the union and the government decides to attack them much like in the "civil" war but there are a few states trying to avoid that by passing some bill that gets the states rights back so hopefully it won't come to that. Also that charismatic leader of the revolution you talked about is Adam Kokesh

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Excellent thread! Very well put.

Now to see what ridiculous excuse the Obama-trons come up with to say that we're wrong and that we don't have a chance of winning against the govt.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
DeadFlagBlues, I've been following your comments and I must say, there is quite a bit of logic to them. One little item I'd like to relate to you. A long time ago I found a dog that was less than friendly to people much less than to it's owner. The owner had enough of it and was about to put it to sleep. I offered to take the animal and assured the owner I would befriend it and make it gentle. After eight months of patience, I thought I had succeded in taming it. One morning I walked up to "Duke" with my ten year old grand-daughter and in the blink of an eye I found myself fending off the dog's attack on her. After taking care of her wounds I told her to stay in the house, grabbed my .45 auto,, walked right up to the dog [which was now snarling at me] and put one round right between his eyes. YOU BET I WAS UPSET. But I knew it would never attack me or my family again. All my trust down the drain with it and I will never own another dog because of it. Now watch me catch Hell for this comment.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Haven spent 20 years in the service, I would say that close to 50% of the troops would not fire upon a fellow American.

I wonder what the threshold is? I mean how far does the Goverment have to go, before it hits a breaking point.

It is truly a myth the we are the Goverment. The American people have lost control of the Goverment years ago. Most of the laws produce in congress are so complex that the aveage person can't unstand them.

We have been spoon fed as to what the laws are and due to our trust of the Goverment , we have believed what we were fed.

I am guilty of this just as much as every one else. I'll give you a exsample. I have always felt good about having money in the bank. Hey Unkel Sam insures it. I just learn last night, that Unkel Sam could take up to 99 years to pay me back if the bank goes belly up. Mean while me and mine could starve to death.

The dumbing down of America has left us out in the open. It time that we wake up and start holding the Goverment acountable. If we don't, then we might just reach that threshold.

Remeber gun sales are up 30% are more. I am don't mine saying I am a litte worried.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by lost in the midwest]

[edit on 12-5-2009 by lost in the midwest]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

Magica, I believe it would be hell on earth. Every successful revolution has an incredible era of violence following shortly after the dust settles. People with different idealogies waging mini-wars for control over certain things, whether it be representation, property, material things, "rights", and mostly dominance.

Could you imagine 300 million Americans, who already don't know how to get along and help one another, armed, with no or only a temporary government oversight determining just where we stand? The chaos that would ensue just by the greedy ulterior motives of other people frothing at the mouth over your property, cars, or family would be too great a risk.

That's why "renovation" of our current system is a better choice. Solve all things by their own game. I'm not here to kill anybody. I'm not here to be killed by anybody. If I have an issue with my government, I'll do what I can as an American to solve that, but I am not here to act like I am something greater than I am. Most these armchair revolutionaries are just angry, and have only talked about a gun, let alone had any formal training with one. It's all quite ridiculous.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I think maybe you aren't aware of what is going on out there, right now. I think, should we see an armed revolt, it will be not because those standing for their freedom start it, but because those interested in the destruction of freedom have ALREADY declared them to be enemy combatants. Take a look at some of the memos that have circulated. If they are willing to say those things, then they are likely thinking much, much worse. I think the idea perhaps is to goad those interested in freedom into taking the first shot, (even though the destroyers of freedom have already started the war,) just so they can play a game of smoke and mirrors and blame it on the horrible "terrorists."

The point is, however, it won't be a question of figuring out who the enemy is. It will be a question of survival, and the enemies will reveal themselves by their actions. Your evident apathy towards freedom and willingness to live under the thumb of another is a choice, and we reap what we sow.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mormonmike

Thanks, man, I appreciate it.

But, the government is not a dog and the situations remains evermore complicated. The people in this case are the government, as you weren't part of your dog. If we take it upon ourselves to fulfill and aleviate all these things we're upset about, taking into consideration the humanity of our fellow human being, it can get better. The reason it doesn't is because people just bitch and whine about what they don't have, or what's happening to them.

None of these revolutionary dorks are going to get a law degree or enter politics to reconfigure our system to make it more "fair" and "just." They just want to sit on the computer, threaten, and find anonymous alliances with people who have the same simple minded mentality. They literally view it as "just ending something, starting over." That's where they threaten the livelihood of myself, my family, and the change I am trying to create through charity.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Armed Revolution is so old fashion - idle threats and they know this... to kill people takes training, so you can do it without regard to the other persons well being... they call it boot camp.

Idle Threats - I have asked covert questions about what it would take for someone to defend themselves against overwhelming numbers and fire power, this is the only reason police get away with the stuff your not suppose to know... if we didnt have video of the incidents we would never have learned the truth of such engagments.
since it is impossible to ban video camera's and cell phones... since they let those genies out of those bottles... so, the only other option is to do away with descent. its easier to do away with people than role back the clock which appears to be ticking forward all the time... (and if their were time machines - we wouldnt know about 911 and several other Anti American Events supposidly perpertrated by the powers that be).

Upon thinking about this thread - I can assure you, No Army Type will oppress the USA, thats a direct violation and requires appropriate responses and that would be nation wide... so we are at this Impass...
if they do impose heavy handed rule in this nation. Yes, 3 days later they will have a change of mind and we will have a whole bunch of Government Jobs available.... so, we are set up for what ever they plan on doing - we are vulnerable like never before... and the only thing that is keeping the wolves at bay are our GUNS. and a Idle Threat to use them if necessary.

I think they are calling our Bluff.....

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

I suppose a rebellion could be successful, the American people have the advantage of fighting for freedom, so they would fight harder. I also feel much of the military and police would stand by us. Basically the country would be split in two once more. Here is the part that concerns me though, to be successful, in such a campaign the rebels would in fact become terrorist, the situation and tactics would require the rebellion to do things that would turn most Americans stomachs! Many of you appose water boarding or torture, which is nothing compared to the atrocities that would be committed in another civil war in this country.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

I can tell by your comments that you failed to read my first two posts that started this discussion

Like I said . . . like that hasn't been going on for 40+ years. When is enough enough?

First off, no one here is going to do anything unless they are provoked into action by an over bearing government.

Second, it is my right to discuss this. That is part of freedom of speech. It is also my right (and duty) to be involved in a revolution, should one take place. Check the founding documents.

Read your history. The American Revolution was about TAXATION without representation.

And then of course, comes the pity card. You guys are so predictable.

I am not calling for a revolution. I already see one in the works.

I just posted this up so all the naysayers would see that it is possible, and has been done before.

It will not be pretty. It will be hell, if it happens the way it is shaping up.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
AFRAIDreply to post by saturnine_sweet

A question of survival? I'm on a computer right now, taking a break from work, reading the news, watching "The Wrestler" and e-arguing.

You want to hear a funny little story, because I have one for you that seems relevant for your concerns.

So, I just bought a new firearm, and as ammo is expensive, I was googling to see if I could score a deal somewhere. After my searches became fruitless, I just clicked on a link that had something about my same model gun. I was reading it and the OP's thread said something to the extent of..

"Should I buy a ____ or a ____ (The details of this are irrelevant), because when SHTF! I want a reliable weapon that will last me through tough times. I don't want to be cleaning it all the time, and with the ____ I'm concerned about the knockdown power, as opposed to the always reliable _____, what should I do? I'm concerned mostly about getting to my bugout place and I should be fine there..."

ETC...

I figured "Okay, get to talking about the gun."

I read further, and this guy was so AFRAID, only enabled by a ton of other AFRAID gun owners on the sight. Everything they're saying now, is literally what everyone has been saying on all of these threads, and to some extent, I felt exactly the same way in the past, so I figured his concerns were because Democrats had almost total control and Obama was in the white house..

As I was going to X out of the page to look at more interesting/fun/cool stuff like motorcycles, I caught the date.

5/11/1998

Everyone even talked the same...

"I have a feeling it's comin!"

"Get ready!"

"They're up to something."

"Gun ownership will be a thing of the past and that's just up around the corner."

Seriously, people... Get real. If you don't like something, take it upon yourself to change it. Don't depend on your own paranoid delusions to change things because they never will. If you're so concerned, spend some time and energy getting familiar with law and government. Go all out to do what you can to re-arrange the system, not start over. If you take the second choice, I promise that you're little "revolutionary" thing will be instantly regretted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join