It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Air traffic in 24 hours

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I just discovered this and thought it was pretty impressive, so as per usual I am sharing.

Many thoughts come to mind ...

Globalization
Pollution
People connecting ... and Noogenesis

The continued consolidation of all human thought into the noosphere is noogenesis. It is a continual increase in thought and consciousness brought about by the increased socialization of mankind on earth. As human beings continue to socialize, or as Teilhard says, "totalize" upon themselves, the more complex systems of communication and exchange they will form, thus increasing the consciousness of the noosphere.

Anyhoot, pretty cool don't you think?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Wow is all I can really say.
Sometimes I look up in the sky at night, and living near a few major and minor airports + McGuire Air Force Base it simply amazes me how many planes and helicopters are in the sky.

S&F.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Wow, it's like the earth has lice haha...

Europe gets infested!!! wow!

Americans pour into that region like there's a land made of gold there haha.

Pretty cool video, thanks for posting it.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
SDog, thanks again for a fascinating thread. I like the way you segue the video into nogenesis also. I particularly am intrigued by the concept of the Omega Point. What if that is the sole thing between a future in which we destroy ourselves and one in which we survive is a collective unconscious, that detatches from space and time [thus freeing it from the need for sitcom reruns].

Y'know..... if you hadn't told me that was a 24-hr. sequence of aircraft, I might've thought it was part of a trailer for yet another cataclysmic movie!! What a plague of humanity and fuel and emissions we are.

Humanity -- the movie!
Clogging the skies, one sector at a time;

Numbing soon to a scream near you!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
That was really awesome! How is that even possible? (Or is it all CGI illusion as we must readily suspect everything of these days)....

What I find fascinating is the patterns in activity at certain points following the 'night' - and also what an illusion a 'day' and a 'night' really are. If I lived on the moon, imagine what I must think of humans....

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Indeed a very cool video to just sit back and watch and understand.

As far as noogenesis. The Noosphere and The Omega Point are going to be measured mostly by the exchange of information and its utilization, not so much the movement of people, although it does in istelf move information as well.

For the sake of metaphores, the noosphere is basically when the entire earth is finally connected to its brain(the internet), through its nerves(technology). Once the noosphere is up and running, the rest of the planets systems will begin to come to a more operational and ubiqiutous nature.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
After viewing that think of what could happen if...

news.cnet.com...

May 7, 2009 3:59 PM PDT
Hackers have broken into the air traffic control mission-support systems of the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration several times in recent years, according to an Inspector General report sent to the FAA this week.

In February, hackers compromised an FAA public-facing computer and used it to gain access to personally identifiable information, such as Social Security numbers, on 48,000 current and former FAA employees, the report said.

Last year, hackers took control of FAA critical network servers and could have shut them down, which would have seriously disrupted the agency's mission-support network, the report said. Hackers took over FAA computers in Alaska, becoming "insiders," according to the report dated Monday.

Then, taking advantage of interconnected networks, hackers later stole an administrator's password in Oklahoma, installed "malicious codes" with the stolen password and compromised the FAA domain controller in the Western Pacific Region, giving them the access to more than 40,000 FAA user IDs, passwords, and other data used to control a portion of the mission-support network, the report said.

The skies are not as safe anymore.

Also consider what could happen in an area where many aircraft are flying then an EMP device is used.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Wow, although I don't know what the point of the post is, nonetheless, I am mesmerized. Looking at air travel from this perspective makes me think that humanity is more like a single complex organism. I wonder what else can be learned by looking at things from such a large scale?

thanks for the post!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That is just an incredible visual. Almost wish they had a version of this showing before, during and after 9/11. To show how the US shutting down almost all of its airspace effected air travel throughout the world.

S & F

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
that was really cool! it does look like lice!
amazing to see the flow. the two countries almost swap population.

wonder how many gallons of fuel that was being used in that segment?
thanks for posting.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thank you for posting the map.

Yes,we are well on our way to the Omega Point but in my opinion it will be for future generations to enjoy.

I might be wrong and do hope I am. I will not see it but perhaps my grandchildren will.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by azurecara
That was really awesome! How is that even possible? (Or is it all CGI illusion as we must readily suspect everything of these days)....

My understanding is that this is in fact computer generated and not from a live source.

I imagine they input all of the worlds registered flights over a 24hr period into a database and just ran it. It probably would be impossible to see airplanes at that distance.

I'll try to find out for sure.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Your link to the video isn't working........

But yes there is A LOT of sky traffic these days, and it will only grow in the future. Now just imagine what a civilization that travels throughout its solar system must look like in traffic terms!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It would be fantastic to know exactly how it was done, if you look at the oceans particularly the south Atlantic, and the Pacific, you see little dots appear from nowhere, and I have checked briefly, nowhere near an Island, although I know there are many not on the average map, so I want to check more.

Not saying its anything sinister, I just want to know how they can do that, probably Aircraft Carriers and the like, just adds a little dimension, knowing that there are people all working in that spot, unaware even they can be seen.

But if it is merely a computer generated simulation then oh well, but if it based on say data from a source in orbit, like GPS wouldn't that be something?

Thank you for posting this Dog.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Your link to the video isn't working........

Eek, mmm, it is working for me j, both here and on youtube.

Is anyone else having this problem?

How about this one:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Perfect now, thanks

BTW, I like "j"......It has a nice ring to it..

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Here's another really cool one:

Edit: You must check out this guy's site: UCLA

[edit on 9 May 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Not only an important video but also a very impresive one my friend!

I will keep an eye on this thread.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
For an interesting comparison check out the global Real-Time Web Monitor.

Further web traffic stats: Akamai

Makes sense that both people and information have the same traffic patterns.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
That was amazing! If anyone ever wonders how infection can spread so rapidly on this big giant planet, well...

Also I was watching some of the movement up towards the North and couldnt help wonder if they ever catch UFO's on these films?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join