It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FARK poking fun at ATS UFO community

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

We should NOT I repeat NOT give their site nor THIS thread anymore attention! They have set out to defraud the hard work of so many courageous people in the field who have in many instances even given their lives to legitimize the subjects and bring truth dignity and respect to the scientific side of this issue.

Look at their name for goodness sakes, I did not open the link in the Op nor do I intend to, a few respected members comments here were all I needed before knew NOT to give that farking site MY traffic!

DISINFO SITE!!! DETRACTORS!!!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

No worries....the OP told me to go to the main page after my first response.

He then changed it to the right link.. so my original post makes no sense

I dunno eh?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

And from that link, there outing thereselves......

Yeah, the paranoia, and lack of critical thinking skills, is thick there (as are many of the posters there...thick, that is.)

I post there infrequently as 'regeya'.

I just set up an account there today. Once I saw this post this morning:

People Don't Be Fooled, When You Get The Vaccination You Will Get The Chip. If You Refuse The Vaccination You'll Be Sent To The FEMA Camps.

This is how you will get the chip implanted in you when you go to get the vacination, how else do you think they'd get Christians to get the chip?

Also FOX News is already talking about jail time for people who escape quarantines or refuse mandatory vaccinations aswell as Martial Law.
Also Obama and ACORN are Marking EVERY Front Door in America with GPS co-ordinates and the workers doing it don't even know the reason they're doing it.

I decided they were just too much fun to pass up. I'm "reynoldswrapchapeau," at least until they ban me.

/Richard Feynman props.

OP, nicely exposing some disinfo members there

[edit on 1-5-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Alright folks, why do we or should we care what others on the interwebs are thinking of us?

They want to make ignorant generalizations, it is their right.
Surely we shouldn't join them in this endeavor.

I also think sometimes things that are posted here are silly to strange, sometimes I'm the one posting them.

It's all good.

Edit to add: Indifference is a hell of a thing.

[edit on 1 May 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Good find dude

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
And now to kick back and wait for the inevitable board war that will ensue when FARK people decide they want to spam the living crap out of ATS with hoaxed videos, this will no doubt get ugly unless they give up on their hoaxing contest due to boredom.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Gotta look at the Big Picture

They see this site and "drool" that they can 1 day be as legit !!

I looked through the site, and the people you see leaving "dumb

ass" comments under Youtubes , are the same people.

Makes you really apprieciate T@C , in my opinion.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
And now to kick back and wait for the inevitable board war that will ensue when FARK people decide they want to spam the living crap out of ATS with hoaxed videos, this will no doubt get ugly unless they give up on their hoaxing contest due to boredom.

I hope not ...

2g.) Board Wars: You will not use these boards to organize "attacks" on other boards, blogs, or discussion groups, and similarly, you will not organize such attacks against this board. T&C

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

I'm pretty sure the only thing that causes FARK members to drool is the chance to harass folks, which looks like some of them may have in mind. It certainly isn't the level of traffic that ATS pulls in because FARK blows it out of the water over twice over. From what I've seen out of FARK in the past they are not unlike the 4chan crowd (Yes I mean you /b/) or the SomethingAwful goons which are equally disruptive.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

While I realize that such is obviously against the T&C/ToS/AuP/whatever that doesn't mean that folks always follow those otherwise you would see far far fewer people banned, but I know how people tend to get when poked and often they do stupid things.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Believe me, I agree with you.

I just don't want to see quality members and good people get all upset over such nonsense and get themselves in trouble in the process.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm really dreading when all these guys spam the boards, so far we got one guys name who is going to do it.

Other then that, mods are going to have their work cut out for them.

I don't mind the hoaxes as much as the continuous threads "Want to improve your Ipod, Iphone, here are some tips". Yeah those threads.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Best way to improve your ipod is NOT to use apple software :p Somehow I don't see that being the kind of spam that would show up, that stuff tends to come from people who want to generate revenue, which is not the usual motivator for internet thugs.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
We don't engage in "board wars" because frankly we have enough content on our own site to keep our members interested without having to point at other sites.

What people do on other forums is their own business. If they wish to create videos of fake UFO's and send them here then people will do what they've been doing here for 10 years. Look at them, discuss them, and if they're fake, move on. It's quite simple.

As far as people from another forum joining up here, that's really very simple. Anyone with a valid email address is welcome to join ATS. If they follow our T&C's they will probably enjoy their experience here very much. If they do not follow our T&C's they will not stay.

Not really much drama if you think about it in those terms is there?

[edit on Fri, May 1st 2009 by Djarums]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by Phlegmi
reply to post by blupblup

If you go to their main page you will see the title of the thread:

Create your own fake UFO video. Difficulty: A year from now, someone from AboveTopSecret will link to it with message "OMG, this is totally REAL"

Ah OK......i got ya, cheers.

What a bunch of dicks.
Have they nothing better to do?

What's the deal with this site anyway...I'm not familiar with it?

It is just a case of a little known little respected website trying to piggy back of the fame of a much bigger much more succesful website.

If they actually knew anything about the ATS community they would know this site contains the smartest people in the world and the best analyzers in the world as well.

I too have never heard of fark and quite frankly I am glad I havent. I don't want any of ther mornic idiocy to rub off on me.

ATS= open minded intellectuals Fark= close minded morons..... simple as that.

You see this all over the place. People bashing what they are to cowardly to try and understand. It is like a defense mechanism. If they can not understand it, and it is scary to them they joke about it and put it down rather than take the time to learn about it and understand it.

That is where alot of hate racism and prejudice comes from. That websites hatred, fear and prejudicce for this commuinty is showing through very strongly.

Do not lower yourself to that level, it would only make us hypocrits. Let them talk about us all they want. mabye people will actually decide to check out ATS for them selves and come up with their own opinion rather than let that site dictate their thoughts for them!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
If they actually knew anything about the ATS community they would know this site contains the smartest people in the world and the best analyzers in the world as well.

Warnin: The following may very well be off topic and lead to some incendiary reactions

This is one of the primary reasons that I've taken issue with portions of ATS in the past, this notion that somehow ATS has a monopoly on intelligence on the internet. I can tell you right now that I have ran into people who's technological prowess far surpasses anything I have ever witnessed here, but do I claim the community they belong to is the smartest overall? Nope.

When the members of ATS give themselves over to this concept of superiority they only further inflate the community ego which despite what some may think is in fact not a good thing. I completely understand taking pride in something, but when one takes it to the point that I've seen it taken time and time again it creeps me out because it reeks of the same kind of righteous indignation we see radiating from the various political groups around the world who believe themselves to be the only answer to any question.

I'm not trying to derail this or start up some flame war but I can't just sit here and watch the flames of assumed superiority be fanned until they finally blow up and cause serious long-term issues.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

A star from me. I totally agree with what may be an unpopular opinion. Hey I love this place for entertainment value. None better in my book.

But to think that this is somehow a "scientific community" or as one poster alluded, members are the best and brightest in the world, is elitist and short-sighted.

Hey a healthy dose of introspection and unabashed criticism is good now and then and we should not take ourselves or this venue too seriously. It's just good, clean fun.

Regards...KK

[edit on 1-5-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Ouch,
the energy there started to give me a headache. Blatant and overt fear and ignorance does that to me I guess.

Keeping an eye on that site to catch the good ones they make with a quickness when they get here is a good idea. Covertly of course, giving them an obvious attention will only encourage them.

Those are the type of people that if an EBE came up and tapped them on the shoulder their heads would explode from extreme paradigm shift overload.
I have members in my family that are like that, perfectly happy in their little safe bubble of reality. Usually they are the ones that think things like "my government wouldn't lie to me, no way!"

Actually, there were a few people on there defending us as well.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Come on. Everybody needs to chill out. They are just having a little fun. I would like to join them as well as here. Some people are so oversensitive. They had a little fun at our expense. So what. We can have a little fun at theirs sometime.

You have to admit if I made a video of a paper plate hanging from a string and posted it on here like half the people would star and flag it and say "Awesome video. That looks real to me." Then the other half would tear it apart. Thats what makes this place so fun.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Oh no... not another photoshop UFO image...

The problem is the government was so successful at brainwashing the masses with UFO disinformation, that all the legitimate claims are lost to the thousands and thousands of frauds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join