It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post "Insider" Stories, Witness Info & Strange Goings on Here

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to
Like I said I have posted many post on this topic and I will repeat a post that I think tells an accurate assumption of what is going on in the hospitals on the U.S. east coast.

I am in the health field........My employee's, who is a nurse, son-in-law who is a nurse practitioner at a hospital in Charleston SC told her that the CDC / Gov. has instructed the hospital not to test for swine flu unless the symptoms were critical. Many test have been coming back positive with instructions not to disclose information to the public.

This was verified by another ATS member XOXO Stacie with a source working at a facility in North Carolina.

What your source in SC does not even remotely resemble what is happening here in New England hospitals. I have quite a few friends who are in the health care field and not one of them has been directed by CDC or any govt officials to not report patients testing positive for the virus.

Why on Earth would the CDC's instructions differ so significantly in different regions of the country? They wouldn't.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Well I am sure they just made it up.........sorry but it was also verified like I said by another ATS member in NC hospital

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
OK so this turns out to be just another well meaning thread which brings forth truth and clarity, however with the conflicting evidence brought forth, I am still just as untrusting and on the fence as ever.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
# man, this looks worse then first thought, wish i could change my poll choice now. If it reaches my town in UK (theres one case reported in redditch) 60 miles from me, i wont be going to work as i work in a highly staffed building. Better to be safe then sorry, Wouldnt like to have to go into hospitals around this time. Its spread quick, officials have us know its a flu virus, sounds worse to me?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Along with the updates thread, this one that I will keeping an eye on. Hand in hand is how we separate the wheat from the chaff.

Whilst I have nothing to add as far as strange ongoings or personal accounts, really nothing new has surfaced on my end (SW Idaho) But I have the feelers out due to my locale. Last I heard, there was one individual being swabbed up @ the base after returning from Mexico. Honestly I don't know what to think, which dosen't come often for me

Either this is a real threat and being deeply covered up for fear of panic,
or this is being over-hyped by the media for some ulterior reason, but which one of those two it is ... I'm not packing the BOB just yet.

I myself hope that it's the latter and this is all sensationalism at it's worst but if/when it gets here and I can confirm... living in a base community has it's advantages. You bet I will.

Keep your heads on straight folks,

In Time:
T-9

[edit on 09/5/1 by telemetry]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
it hit home when i got into work tonight and was briefed that if anyone comes down with symptoms they should stay home. How early can you get infected with this virus anyone know? is it before symptoms kick in?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

I wouldn't worry about being "briefed" too much bro, if you are in the public sector that is. What is your occupation if I may ask?
Reason being, I work for a fairly large company that is in the middle of a acquisition or merger and a e-mail filtered out sometime today about the "swine flu" H1N1. Essentially distributed for some top level management like myself, outlining the steps to take if an employee is sick with flu-like symptoms. Not much more really, but mind you... our customer base is within the general public (retail sales) and some of our corporate offices are located within the areas that have had confirmations. It did go on to say that non of our employees have been ill from it. Take that with a grain of salt.

Found it odd I did, yes... but living in a city with less than 28k people and two military installations (USAF & Army National Guard) I have seen no increased activity or cause for concern. Not saying don't be prepared man, just watch your top knot.

T-

[edit: As to your question for incubation, I have heard conflicting results.. we really don't know when this bug popped up in Mexico for sure... and here in the states there has been a nasty one going around in feb. mar. But some say 12-24 days incubation]

[edit on 09/5/1 by telemetry]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Team Leader at one of the largest UPS Hub / Sorting depos in the uk i had the same sort of note with a briefing in the meeting about it.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by theflashor]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I live in a small town in Iowa. We have a very small National guard armory here. We rarely see many military vehicles go through town.

Today my wife and I saw about 12 Military Hummers roll through town with the red medical cross on the side. Dont know if that is out of the norm but is kinda seemed like it to me. I have lived here 35 years and have never seen that before.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by pcgeek]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

Interesting, and thanks for sharing. Welcome to ATS BTW!

I'm curious to know how many public sector jobs have had some form of "briefing" in recent days regarding this matter. Seems like UPS would not be encountering many with the flu, my delivery man always leaves my packages under the porch even when I am home.

Any other parcel carriers on the wire here? What have you all heard?

T-
[Out till tomorrow]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
something is fishy about this, like its a set up, like this info wants to be found and passed around. Thats just me. The words don't sound right.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

im a team leader at the sorting depo, nothing to do with the home delivery drivers so they would not have exposure to the large amounts of staffing. Although if the virus spreads as forecasted by some im sure service may be affected.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Interesting, once again. Why would they be moving med v's I wonder? I know a few in the med groups here, and a pseudo-family member that ex doc and practicing here at the clinic. Never thought to ask him though.

Other than the Singapore pilots hanging around my work, and the occasional blast from the F-15's overhead I haven't noticed much movement from the NG. A Hemmett wrecker convoy did pass through last saturday though.

Signing out for the night,
T-Minus

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I will let the video speak for itself.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Does anyone else feel like there is a bunch of disinfo being posted in the swine flu forum? I could be wrong but like anything I hope everyone keeps a level head and doesn't take anything at face value.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by whoshotJR]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
That should be applied to all news you only ever hear what the news reader has been told.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Another thread which smells of rotten fish

Tamiflu Maufacturing Predicted a 531% Sales Increase in 2009 !!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Georgia is not even testing most of their positive flu A folks.
www.11alive.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
wake up people!!!
it is the vaccines and antivirals that are killing everyone!
People get admitted to hospital with the plain old flu (sniffles, sore throat, headache etc), the doctors jump on them and say "swine flu!", and proceed to fill the patients flu ridden body with deadly chemicals and experimental vaccinations that kill the patient. The reason it is in the news is because it is supposed to frighten the people, they are making it sound WORSE than it is. The shut down of mexico is all part of the illusion, make people think it is a deadly disease. There is a cover up, but it is not the severity of the swine flu "epidemic", it is the fact that this whole thing is a hoax to make money for the pharmacutical companies while at the same time helping to control and reduce the population, the same thing happend in 1918 with the "spanish flu" and in 1977 with the "SWINE FLU AGAIN". The cure for the flu is warm chicken soup, plenty of rest, and NO poison chemicals. If you don't want to believe any of this at least think twice before you consent to having god knows what stuck into your arm because some rich pharmacutical company tells you it'll save your life (while making them billions.)

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosick

tell that to the family members of the early victims.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join