It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Now: Have the ATS Data Servers been attacked?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Too funny Too funny

Alex is probably in his backyard bunker with his m-16 and a tin hat on

Muttering , "I told you, I told you, I told you "

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
I hope our privacy is secure.

Just Kurious. That is the 2nd post from someone expressing privacy concerns.

What are those concerns? I joined with a freakin' Yahoo email account.

What are you concerned about? Your IP address?

Thanks.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

I hope our privacy is secure.

Just Kurious. That is the 2nd post from someone expressing privacy concerns.

What are those concerns? I joined with a freakin' Yahoo email account.

What are you concerned about? Your IP address?

Thanks.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

[edit on 30-4-2009 by wonderworld]

My concern is that my computer remained turned on when this problem occured. I hope my hard drive wasnt copied during the time I was locked out.

Kind of like illegal wire tapping.

I wasnt the second poster just my concern.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

No biggie. I suppose I was counting OP as #1:

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
Did any data at all become compromised, for example personal user information? ...
If ATS really was hacked and personal info was copied would they tell us?

Don't matter, I was just kurious. You realize you can usually "Force Quit" on a Mac or "CTRL+ALT+DELETE" on a PC or better yet yank the cord out of the socket if you have concerns or get locked-up.

Regards...KK

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

No biggie. I suppose I was counting OP as #1:

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
Did any data at all become compromised, for example personal user information? ...
If ATS really was hacked and personal info was copied would they tell us?

Don't matter, I was just kurious. You realize you can usually "Force Quit" on a Mac or "CTRL+ALT+DELETE" on a PC or better yet yank the cord out of the socket if you have concerns or get locked-up.

Regards...KK

Yes I can also go to msconfig and stop a running process. It didnt occur to me to do that. I wasnt alarmed until I read this post.
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

My concern is that my computer remained turned on when this problem occured. I hope my hard drive wasnt copied during the time I was locked out.

I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure it's impossible for an outside source to download something from your computer faster than you could upload it, which even with a very fast 1024kbps cable connection would take over 2 hours per gigabyte. So unless the only thing on your computer besides an OS is a few megabytes of ultra top secret text files I don't think you need to worry about people ganking your hard drive

And if you do have files that can't be compromised just toss them on an external hard drive and never have it connected when you're online, problem solved.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1
Guys, Infowars has been down off and on yesterday and today. Their server logs indicate a DoS attack!!!

The attacks are coming out of Japan. A Whois database search reveals the origin to be the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre in Milton, Australia.

...snip...

I really hope mr Jones doesn't think Japan is in Australia.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Ahahaha. I noticed that too.

Alex is surely a man of the world.

Us Aussies make a habit of transferring all our calls through Japan just so we can confuse you yanks

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Not to be off-topic, but I haven't logged in for like a week and when I went to check my U2U's the ones that were sent when I was off were showing that they were read.....wierd

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I want a ATS swine flu mask now!Please start selling them now!Could be good for ya Overload.sort your retirement out.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I can attest to this occurrence. When i woke up today around 1:30 ish I thought I would check for the swine flu updates. Unfortunately, I tried to get on ATS and no luckm right around the same time as the OP stated.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Why would anybody try to hijack this site and its servers? all the information that anyone 'in the know' needs is on each and everyone of our profile.

List of threads since startiing
List of posts

From anyone member, anybody can build a profile on anyone by using the data supplied for all to see.

This IMHO is a flaw that has been overlooked ???

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread, but I did notice that a thread is missing, one that I found very interesting. The title of it was "Smoking Gun On Obama Found?" and it was about his Occidental college records being released to a group called Americans for Freedom of Information. Did ATS take this down..or is this something else??

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by slipshot

There was a thread started on this topic HERE. It appears to have been a prank thread moved by ADMIN. SkepticOverlord left the following post.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I removed the thread because it was embarrassing!

The sourced story was an obvious April-Fools prank, dated April 1st, sourcing a group that doesn't exist, and claiming to be an Associated Press story which never existed.

I was utterly shocked and confounded that ATS members gave it 60 flags and a bunch of stars and seemingly accepted the obvious prank as real.

A low-point for ATS in my opinion.

So I think we can rule out any conspiracy to the thread being moved or removed. As for the original post I made, I think admin has answered the question as to what has happend.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Maybe the mods just had enough of Trolls.

OR....

The hackers only made off with your information.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You did read my above post right? I don't mind a little ribbing, just want to make sure people read all of the posts before they post.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouKnowIsWrong

I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure it's impossible for an outside source to download something from your computer faster than you could upload it, which even with a very fast 1024kbps cable connection would take over 2 hours per gigabyte. So unless the only thing on your computer besides an OS is a few megabytes of ultra top secret text files I don't think you need to worry about people ganking your hard drive

And if you do have files that can't be compromised just toss them on an external hard drive and never have it connected when you're online, problem solved.

Thanks for the tip.

I still worry about Back door software. It allows an abuser to login to your computer remotely and monitor all activity.

They can see the screen, see the programs running and even control the computer remotely. Sometimes those programs come with built in keyloggers as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join