It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Now: Have the ATS Data Servers been attacked?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I can understand the discomfort some are feeling. The first time this happened while I was a newb I FREAKED. WTH is going on? It happens from time to time though. No biggie. If it had been an attack we would have been down WAY more than 5 minutes.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

I was just being Johnny on the spot with the story. Just wanting to know what happend. No red bull here. This is a conspiracy forum right? Well there you go a proven fact of an occurance that can be proven by the site what happend. How often do we get that kind of conspiracy?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
503 for me too......for several minutes....strange...good they're back

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Yes the government cares what we do here. Yes they do monitor this site. Yes people should ask questions when something like this happens.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the info SO,

Doing a little brainstorming

I think I figured it out...

Which one of you pissed off Al Gore?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Which government, the NWO one or Burkina Faso?

It's ok LOP, like Intrepid I used to get all worried and junk ...

More a testament to ATS addiction than anything else.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
More a testament to ATS addiction than anything else.

What are you talking about? I can quit....any....time...I...

Who the hell am I kidding?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We had a brief outage of an undetermined (so far) nature.

So we don't keep server logs, it will be difficult to track down, however, from what I can see of the database server transaction/error logs, it looks like a simple, and typical-for-ATS problem...

(1) - traffic spike... site slows a bit...
(2) - site slows a bit... members panic and hit refresh...
(3) - site is slow from high traffic & multiple refreshes make it worse
(4) - database server is overwhelmed with the requests
(5) - more members experience extreme slowness... continue to hit refresh
(6) - high traffic and panicking members bring site to it's knees

(7) - database server calls for help (right to my cell phone)
(8) - I pause all process, flush open connections, restore services
(9) - rejoicing in the streets

We've had some mainstream media interest, combined with high traffic interested in swine flu... so there was a brief period of server stress.

All seems well now.

i like this explanation best - my first thought was hack (i was posting info about conflicting news reports on the north american flu deaths in my area) but then i realized it was prolly just traffic and the server freaked out - funny how it called u, i can just imagine that conversation....

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Anxiously awaiting the withdrawl therapy thread.

Now, I chewed gum to help quit smoking. What do you suggest for ATS withdrawl? R*nse? NEVERmind.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Too many "firehosers" and not enough fires, that's what brokered it if you ask me.

Go Canada!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So, in essence, ATS got DOS attacked

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Yes the government cares what we do here. Yes they do monitor this site. Yes people should ask questions when something like this happens.

Well you can ask whatever you want. I dont own ATS. I figure if they got hacked and something happened they would tell us. Either way its no big deal if someone changed one of my posts. My opinion is not that important. Your opinion is not that important.

They probably do monitor the site for people that are over the edge and could pose a danger to some goverment figure or location, etc. They might even have people on here that try to sway your opinion one way or the other. But they are not going to hack the site and change your posts because nothing any of us has said is more than a bunch of hot air in the big picture. Their is no risk/reward ration to the government hacking the site. If you were the government, would you risk hacking a site of peoples opinions (half of which are nuts) when the risk of getting caught would mean you would be exposed. I doubt it. If they are going to hack something its going to be something way bigger than a blog site.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ah now we all know it was because the site needed the swine flu vaccines, and these needles do hurt.

ok ok I admit it, I keep hitting refresh too much on the flu news and update thread

ok ok if nobody mentions virus well they don't exist?!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I don't think it was an attack, but just to answer the OP's question as to who would do such a thing: could be anyone who has a tangent with website security. For scriptkiddies who just learned certain types of 'cracking', whether the site they're prodding is on their side or not is not as important as the rush they would get if they'd actually reach something. It's a dangerous and addictive mindset.

Of course there's also an anti-movement in the form of white hatters - people who try to close those gaps before scriptkiddies or other malintent surfers reach them.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

We've had some mainstream media interest, combined with high traffic interested in swine flu... so there was a brief period of server stress.

All seems well now.

Ok that's pretty sad your saying that ATS caught the Spanish Avian Pig swine flu!! Quick slap a respirator on it and give it shot!!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Dang, just happened again to me, too many people reaing about the flu I suppose.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
SO love the mask!

I got the servers message and my first thought was increased traffic due to the nature of the flu story. I think it is marvelous that ats is getting some mainstream attention, you have to hope people will learn something. LOL

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Maybe it will be the feds attacking to remove all swine flu threads fingers crossed. But I highly doubt they are being attacked. One can only assume.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Guys, Infowars has been down off and on yesterday and today. Their server logs indicate a DoS attack!!!

Here is a link;

www.infowars.com...

and since i dont know whether or not they will be up, i will post an excerpt;

Earlier this evening, Alex Jones’ flagship website, Infowars.com, came under a concerted denial of service (DoS) attack. The site was down for more than two hours.

The attacks are coming out of Japan. A Whois database search reveals the origin to be the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre in Milton, Australia.

[....blah blah blah......]

Over the last few days, Alex Jones and his websites have covered the so-called swine flu “pandemic” and have built a solid case that the outbreak is part of a larger campaign by the government to frighten the populace and institute martial law as specifically detailed in the Department of Defense’s “Implementation Plan for Pandemic Influenza” and other government documents. Alex Jones is the primary media source calling the government’s bluff on the bogus “pandemic” elevated earlier today to a level 5 under World Health Organization guidelines.

[........blah blah blah.........]

Alex Jones has featured a number of guests on his nationally syndicated radio show in the last few days that have outlined the government’s plan to use a bogus pandemic as an excuse to impose martial law and engage in forced vaccination. Guests have also noted the eugenics endgame of the ruling elite, determined to reduce world population to 500 million, as stated on the Georgia Guidestones.

[....blah blah blah....]

A number of U.S. military cyber attacks have originated out of Japan where there is a large military presence.

[....blah blah blah.....]

Finally, here is a list of specific IP addresses and other information related to the attack:

p2219-ipbf14wakayama.wakayama.ocn.ne.jp
p3245-ipbf2810marunouchi.tokyo.ocn.ne.jp
ntchba319130.chba.nt.ftth.ppp.infoweb.ne.jp
p4093-ipbf3404marunouchi.tokyo.ocn.ne.jp
58-70-103-234.eonet.ne.jp
FL1-122-135-86-170.tky.mesh.ad.jp
nttkyo711116.tkyo.nt.ftth.ppp.infoweb.ne.jp

Fair Use; Title 17, Section 104 and Alex Jone's request to spread the truth

[edit on 4/30/2009 by sp00n1]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It happened to me for over 30 minutes. Error code 134 ATS internal error.

I couldnt log out, click a link, only the home page worked but still no links worked.

It started for me in the firehose link. A few hours later it worked. It must have appeared I was logged in when I was offline.

I tried logging out and it said sorry cant complete that function.

It said something like sorry, server Maintenance.

I hope our privacy is secure.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join