It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has changed?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Christianity does not believe in afterlife so we are really more afraid of dying that anything else.

Oh yes they do! Not sure where you got that idea, but I don't think I know a single xian that doesn't think they're going to live for eternity in heaven.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Let's see. Wasn't there an exorcism (or two?) pretty recently that killed a few children? Ignorance in action, it is. It really hasn't been that long since the dark ages, actually. That's not the point, though. You're trying to say that the American religion is any better than theirs? My GOD! (figuratively speaking) You just don't get it! There is no such thing as a good religion!

BTW, what do you think of the Bohemian Grove?

[Edited on 4-26-2004 by Satyr]

At what point did I say that Christianity is better than their religion?

Where do you get that? What are you on?

I said that there people are more likely to exploit their followers.

I do not think that there is a "best religion," it is up to the person.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Don't be fooled by modern day imperialism, is fighting for freedom the modern day stance or not?jealousy and past conflict is not the issue, present day power and control is.
All wars are holy wars against all religions

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That's just what you seemed to be saying. I don't think they even need to use religion to exploit their people. I strongly believe they'd be attacking us, even if they were christians. As I've said, religion is just a major part of their lives, not the main driving force of their anger. That lies deeper. Think about what their wars are about with each other. Land rights and cultural differences, mostly, right? Now, you could say that religion = intolerance. In that case, I'd agree that it is a religious war, but I don't think it's as much, "You don't believe in the same thing, so you must die", type of thing as it is freedom to think and do. See what I'm saying? No one fights as hard for what they believe, than those who feel that's being denied, or taken from them. That's not exactly what I'm trying to say, but I hope you get what I mean.

[Edited on 4-26-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
After life for christians is being death until the second coming and not all will go to haven only the choosen ones and nobody know who they are, afterlife or reincarnation in wish only the body dies but the soul keeps on living.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
In a time of war there are certain places that are not to be targeted..such as churches or ne religous building...red crosses..hospitals..but the moment an enemy uses one of these structures to mount an operation..those buildings lose their protected status and therefore can legally become targets..as far as the holy war goes..it is my belief that OBL has called it a holy war in order to make every muslim feel obligated to participate and take up arms against the statesOBL is just callin it that because he knows without makin ppl feel like they are fighting for Allah and we are tryin to destroy Allah..then what muslim would wanna fight?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join