It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infowars under DOS attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Seems as if Infowars is under a DOS attack at the moment. I had trouble getting on earlier. When I did manage to get on, there was an article saying they were under attack earlier. As of right now, it looks like it's round 2.

Wonder who's up to this and how long it's going to go on. I'm pretty new to their site and I was wondering if there's a history of this going on there. Any infowarriors here who have additional info?

My apologies if this is the wrong spot for the thread.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Johnny_Sokko]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Here is an excerpt and link:

Earlier this evening, Alex Jones’ flagship website, Infowars.com, came under a concerted denial of service (DoS) attack. It is unavailable at the time of this report.

The attacks are coming out of Japan. A Whois database search reveals the origin to be the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre in Milton, Australia.

DoS attacks usually consist of concerted efforts to shut down a web server by flooding the computer with requests and consuming its resources so that it is no longer available to users. DoS attacks commonly constitute violations of the laws of individual nations

www.prisonplanet.com...

Prisonplanet is still up and running it seems.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Infowars was down for a couple of hours... but magically came back up when Bermas' show started....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

Ok, seems to be up now. Before, the page would only partially load and I could see the link to the article but could not access it. Couldn't read it until now.

Do they frequently come under attack like this? From reading the comment sections it's obvious that there are a few who go there to stir up trouble. Just wondering if this is just some people who disagree with the site or if something else is up.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny_Sokko
reply to post by sayiamu

Ok, seems to be up now. Before, the page would only partially load and I could see the link to the article but could not access it. Couldn't read it until now.

Do they frequently come under attack like this? From reading the comment sections it's obvious that there are a few who go there to stir up trouble. Just wondering if this is just some people who disagree with the site or if something else is up.

I would surmise they don't regularly fall under attack, its just kids with nothing better to do.

DOS or DDOS is Lame as its an attack with no finesse at all, it's usually someone trying to show off how cool they are, oh look I R l33t h4x0r I can crash this web-page! What ever happened to the noble art of defacing the page? Not that I condone that sort of thing, but in all honesty it's just some kid sitting in his bedroom going "hell yeah I am so k-rad 31337!" all because he can bring the page down. It's really pretty pathetic IMHO.

join