It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA Memo: Feds Knew Flyover Would Cause NYC Panic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You really gotta wonder how many people afflicted with PTSD from 9/11 had heart attacks that day!

This thing did a lot more than a fly-by, it was buzzing the city and circled three times, coming exceedingly close to buildings.

Here are some reactions from cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com:

n Jersey City, construction workers were evacuated from a condominium tower under construction at 77 Hudson Street.

The workers, who were on the 32nd floor of the construction site, said the plane circled three times past the Goldman Sachs tower, the tallest building in New Jersey. On the second pass, they said, the jet appeared to be only a few dozen feet from the building — close enough to clip the side of the skyscraper. A fighter followed right behind, mirroring its moves.

Carlina Rivera, 25, who works at an educational services company on the 22nd floor of 1 Liberty Plaza, said her co-workers were spooked in part because their offices are so close to the site of the 9/11 attack. “As soon as someone saw how close it got to the buildings, people literally ran out,”

Johnny Villafane, 42, of the Upper West Side, said, “The plane did a 360. There was a vibration. The glass in the skyscrapers was shivering.” He added, “It sounded like the building were cracking, everything started shaking. I thought the plane was coming down.”

"Photo-Op"? Please, don't insult our collective intelligence - this was a cover-up for something else.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It's just the Federal Reserve's payback/warning for Mayor Bloomberg's lawsuit against the Fed. and the threat of an audit.

You see, the Federal Reserve and the NWO folk believe they are your masters and you are their slaves. They have felt this way for .......quite some time now.

They still want to know what 'you' are going to do about it?

Their avian/pig/human weaponized virus may make that choice For you. This is what they call a 'contingency' plan.

They apparently are above the law, or are they?

You have a choice.

Remember, they won't simply 'hand' you the keys to the kingdom.

You must 'take' back the keys one way ........or 'another'.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by jvm222

its obama doing a gangster lean the jets are just bling bling.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Where is the second fighter jet ?

considering that .......

Federal officials knew that sending two fighter jets and Air Force One to buzz ground zero and Lady Liberty might set off nightmarish fears of a 9/11 replay, but they still ordered the photo-op kept secret from the public.

source
All the footage i`ve seen has only had one fighter jet in it , ghosting Air Force 2.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think the flyover was conducted specifically to cause panic in NYC and on Wall St.

I bet this big distraction had some sizable impact on trading activity and somebody could have made a lot of money off this activity...

Perhaps somebody who knows more than I do about these things could look into yesterday's trading activity, especially regarding companies associated with members of the executive branch....

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

So the most media savvy administration in history doesn't know how to photo-shop? And the Air Force can't use flight simulators for a training exercise?

That's exactly what I was thinking. How can they possibly justify this? They needed to take a picture? I mean there are bad decisions but this is almost malicious in nature. I feel terrible for the people living there and I don't understand how the government thinks people will buy this hogwash story. The truth will some out soon...hopefully, because I for one do not buy the story AT ALL.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

I am posting exactly what I posted in the other thread about this:

My thoughts when I heard about it, was WTF at first - and thought someone was an idiot who didn't think about the ramifications of doing what they did. I saw pictures of people running.

THEN - I began to think about it.

What purpose did it serve, why did they have to do it in New York, besides not notify authorities and people there, it would be done?

Let's think about it.....

People have lost their "fear" over the last few years, no matter what the govt. has told us. We just don't believe them like we used to, right?

So, how to bring back that "fear" and bring people back to "hugging" the govt. and letting the govt. get away with taking our rights, like we felt right after 9/11 and allowed them to?

Perfect! Do a low fly around NYC, to have people feel the fear they once felt, bring back those memories, bring back those "we have to listen and depend on our govt to keep us safe thoughts". Do it with Air Force One - so there is no mistake on it being a "innocent" fly around. Have the authorities of NYC, running around not sure what action to take while it is happening, have chaos, etc.

They accomplished what they wanted.

Do I think it was just a stupid idiotic mistake?................ or something to get within people's heads and freak them out along with hyping a swine flu at the same time?

I think the govt. is too smart to do something sooooooo stupid!!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This action was extremely disrespectful, a slap in the face to citizens. WTF is going on is right. The timing of it couldn't be more alarming either, as all NY'ers were probably somewhat stressed over the swine flu issue. A child has more sensibility than this.

I really do not rule out anything at this point anymore. I will not be surprised if in the near future citizens are hauled off to FEMA camps and coffins.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
After reading about and listening to discussions all day about this, I've
come to the conclusion that it was a genuine photo opportunity. The
person at the White House who ordered that it be done in this fashion,
without warning the public-at-large was just plain NAIVE. It's pretty
much as simple as that.

Remember, the Obama administration has had a historically high
number of cabinet-level appointees drop out due to absolutely dumb
mistakes they've made in the recent past. Would we expect lower
level WhiteHouse executives and managers to be any less Naive? I
don't think so. The person who ordered the handling of the NYC
fly-over is demonstrating transparency in the WORST way. With this
incident, the entire country could see how our bureaucrats think... or
rather, DON'T think. Just wait until these folks get ahold of our
healthcare system!

-cwm

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
They probably wanted to keep this secret so that neo-con terrorists from Bumsville Idaho didn't launch missiles at the plane. I'm not going to defend the people who were panicking, if that is their only reaction to a possible threat then shame on them. "EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!!" Like that will solve anything.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Exactly what the intent was. No mistaking.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I read in one of the articles that the first jet peeled off when they reached new york so only one jet was with the big one during what they described as a half hour circling the statue of liberty.

also, that guy caldera (or whatever his name is) fills a position that under Bush was filled by a military guy but obama changed it back to a political appt. though the guy is a grad of west point and ivy league and so on but not primarily military. too bad he's taking all the blame.

listening to obama's faux apology and the other statements, it seem that we will not be getting any real details of why this happened. their story is that it was a mistake, a silly mistake, and they are sticking to it. the obama is so affectionate with obama they will certainly praise him for apologizing in such a frank manner and drop it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I think the flyover was conducted specifically to cause panic in NYC and on Wall St.

It did cause a drop in the dow, but bounced back by that afternoon - and anyone in the know could have taken advantage of that for a little insider trading.

I'm still wondering why it circled the Goldman Sachs building and came so close to it - even for a photo-op, that was dangerously low and perilous.

It's despicable, nothing else can describe it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by squanch

So the most media savvy administration in history doesn't know how to photo-shop? And the Air Force can't use flight simulators for a training exercise?

That's exactly what I was thinking. How can they possibly justify this? They needed to take a picture? I mean there are bad decisions but this is almost malicious in nature. I feel terrible for the people living there and I don't understand how the government thinks people will buy this hogwash story. The truth will some out soon...hopefully, because I for one do not buy the story AT ALL.

Also, IF....IF....IF....their "story" was true, what is the rush? The President flies on this all the time. Why couldnt they do their "photo op" the next time he is in NY and save us all the wasted money!

Now, I dont believe the official story, but its another hole in their story that makes no sense!

Still the whole secrecy is what gets me. And the playing dumb by Obama and Gibbs "Uh, we dunno know, we just work here".

[edit on 4/28/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I can't verify if this is authentic but this is supposed to be the FAA memo. Found it on another site discussing the topic. Trying to find another source to verify. www.democraticunderground.com...
Edit to add another link to FAA memo. ohmygov.com...

SUBJECT: Flight Notification- New York City -Statue of Liberty Photo Op, Upper New York Bay / Newark Bay on April 27, 2009, 10:00L. (amended 4/23)

The information in this document is considered FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY, and should only be shared with persons with a need to know. Information in this document shall not be released to the public or media.

1. The Department of Defense (DOD), in coordination with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), will conduct a flying photo op in the New York City Area on April 27, 2009 involving a transport and fighter aircraft. Below are the details regarding the operation.

• Date: Monday April 27, 2009 (Primary), April 28 or April 30 (weather backup dates)
• Number / Type Aircraft: 1 VC-25 and 2 F-16s. Actual photo op will only have VC25 and 1 F16.
• Callsign: VENUS01
• Departure point: ADW
• Arrival point: ADW
• Flight Plan: Crews will file two separate IFR flight plans:
ADW-JFK: KADW.. PALEO V44 SIE CAMRN4 JFK
Requested altitude FL190B210
EWR-ADW: KEWR..EWR7.BIGGY J75 MXE V378 BAL KADW
• Planned Departure Time: 0930 approximately
• Planned Time On Photo Op Location: 10:00 -10:30L.
• Planned Photo Op Altitude: 1000-1500ft
• Number of Passes: 2, possibly 3

The aircraft will depart ADW via IFR clearance as a three (3) ship formation to Sea Isle (SIE). At SIE one (1) of the fighters will leave the flight and return to ADW IFR via SIE ATR V308 BILIT ADW.

The VC25 and 1 F16 will proceed IFR to CAMRN intersection south of JFK. In the vicinity of CAMRN intersection the aircraft will cancel IFR and proceed VFR with New York TRACON (N90) towards the Verranzano Bridge. N90 will hand the aircraft off to Newark Tower (EWR) for the flight in the Upper NY and Newark Bay. Upon completion of the final pass the aircraft will be treated as a EWR departure and pickup an IFR clearance back to ADW.

The photo op portion of the flight will be VFR in accordance with the specified ground track as per the attached map (Attachment 1). On the northbound flight segments the fighter aircraft will be offset to the east by approximately ½ mile. During the southbound flight segment the fighter will re-position to remain offset to the aircraft within the depicted box.
The operation will be monitored by FAA Air Traffic Security Coordinators (ATSC) at the Domestic Event Network at FAA Headquarters from start to finish. Any questions or issues can be directed to the FAA ATSC at the DEN. The FAA ATSC can be reached at (202) 493-5107.

The Public Affairs posture for this effort is passive. No media or press releases are planned. Please direct all media inquiries to the FAA Air Traffic Security Coordinator at (202) 493-5107. Due to the possibility of public concern regarding DOD aircraft flying at low levels, coordination with Federal, State and Local law enforcement agencies, emergency operations centers and aviation units has been accomplished.

//SIGNED//
JAMES J. JOHNSTON, FAA Air Traffic
AJR-2 System Operations Security

[edit on 4/28/2009 by Erasurehead]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

So, how to bring back that "fear" and bring people back to "hugging" the govt. and letting the govt. get away with taking our rights, like we felt right after 9/11 and allowed them to?

Perfect! Do a low fly around NYC, to have people feel the fear they once felt, bring back those memories, bring back those "we have to listen and depend on our govt to keep us safe thoughts". Do it with Air Force One - so there is no mistake on it being a "innocent" fly around. Have the authorities of NYC, running around not sure what action to take while it is happening, have chaos, etc.

I almost feel like it could cause more of a "the boy who cried wolf".
Yes, everyone freaked out - which I dont blame them, I would have too. But if another plane comes flying into the area, will people this time think "oh its probably just the military again".

I think about all the times the government says "fear this" "fear that" and nothing happens. I think now people hear these warnings and think "eh, thats what you said last time".

I dont know. I think it could go either way.

I think the govt. is too smart to do something sooooooo stupid!!

Eh, I don't know. I think we have a rather idiotic administration. I wouldn't put stupidity past them.

[edit on 4/28/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by earlywatcher
I read in one of the articles that the first jet peeled off when they reached new york so only one jet was with the big one during what they described as a half hour circling the statue of liberty.

When I kept reading 2 fighters and only seeing 1 in the footage I assumed that one was a platform for a camera to get some of the shots... I can't wait to see these photos - they had better be reeeaaallly good! Would be interesting to see professional shots from various points on the ground - that would help the story that it was a planned photo op.

I'm really wondering what this was a diversion for now... Seriously it's the best diversion you could possibly create in that area - I bet 95%+ of all the eyes in that area were looking at the sky - heck special op's teams or computer hackers or any one could of pulled off literally anything.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I can see this as being a possibility actually... Perhaps youre right: they kept it a secret to prevent anything happening. Even sans-President, I think AF1 would be a priority target for those belonging to an anti-america terrorist cell.

However, it looks really, really bad on the part of the government for allowing such a blatantly stupid operation like this to take place in a city still weary from 911.

I can only hope that it WAS extreme stupidity, and not part of some scheme to distract us or gauge our reactions.

People can only be pushed so much before they fight back. Is that what they want? Or maybe theyre hoping by the time we get to that point that we'll all be too sick hungry and poor to do anything...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Seriously, why the big deal over this, it was just some poor judgement that scared a few thousand idiots.

Slow news day perhaps.

What a remarkable statement.

In a city where two airliners flew into two skyscrapers and killed nearly 3000 people, besides terrorizing an entire nation, the administration decides to stage a photo op involving a low flying airliner tailed by two fighter jets and you call those who ran for their lives idiots?

This was the dumbest stunt that I can even imagine and while it's not nearly enough to cause a revolution, it is sufficient cause for the people to begin to question the competence of the administration in the totality of its decision-making.

It is not necessary to make this blunder into more than it is, but it is one indicator among many that should be considered in our evaluation of our leadership.

And again, the callousness of the above quote is just incomprehensible.

[edit on 2009/4/28 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join