It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hollow earth? interesting links

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Just been reading a few sites on the internet about the possibility of the the earth being hollow. According to this theory, there are civilizations with advance technology living underground.

link

A Mystery Worth Exploring
Whether you believe it or not, the legend of the Hollow Earth opens up our minds to the possibilities of a new land of discovery. In the last fifty years, a mystery has been surrounding Admiral Richard Evelyn Byrd's alleged flight over the North Pole in 1947. While it is impossible to verify this flight with available information, the legend that Byrd took this mysterious flight and made discoveries of new land inside the earth has remained strong and growing. This mystery could be considered folklore, desire on the parts of foolish people, or astounding fact to thousands of believers who have followed this theory and the trail of Admiral Byrd's flight.

Link

5. There is a large population inhabiting the inner concave surface of the Earth's crust, composing a civilization far in advance of our own in its scientific achievements, which. probably descended from the sunken continents of Lemuria. and Atlantis. Flying saucers are only one of their many achievements. It would be to our advantage to contact these Elder Brothers of the human race, learn from them and receive their advice and aid.

link

The Allies are closing in. Berlin is crumbling under the weight and impact of hundreds of Allied bombs. Deep in his fortified bunker, Adolf Hitler, once unshakable in his confidence in Nazi world domination, now admits that defeat is at hand. But Hitler is determined never to suffer the humiliation of being captured by his enemies. There is only one escape route - one he has planned for should he ever face just such a turn of events. Suicide is out of the question. Instead, Hitler and his corps of elite traverse through an underground tunnel to an isolated airstrip. There they board an unmarked plane and fly south. South to the pole. To the opening at the South Pole where they will enter the hollow Earth and disappear from history.

link

After reading through all these theories, i shall be continuing a detailed search into this topic.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Great topic with cool links. I am sure one of the scientific debunkers will be along shortly to rain on this parade though. For all the implausibility this theory appeals to me. Everything I have learned tells me that it should not and could not be true, yet I keep thinking about it and being haunted by it. If there truly are advanced beings residing inside our planet, then it is time for them to come on out and give us a hand.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think it is highly possible to have a underground city, if you do a internet search, you will find out about underground cities discovered which date back to 500bc. There could be a zion like city beneath our feet as we speak.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yeah but a scientist's word is not always accurate. You never know.

Deny Ignorance!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Tell me, how does your light shine in the halls of Shamballah?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todeskopf
Tell me, how does your light shine in the halls of Shamballah?

according to the theories, an inner sun. Overall, this is highly interesting. Apparently, there is our plans for a field investigation in the north pole to find the opening to the hollow earth

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
this is extremely intresting,good post but i highly dubt it is possible. undergound civilazations probaly exist in caves in other countries and that kinda thing but i dont thinkike those sites state that it does because if the earth is hoolow how do u explain volcanic eruptions and stuff. but i think this is interesting

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

These images show a picture of the planet Earth with a circular opening at the North Pole. The first two images show a picture of the globe. Note the circular opening at the top. The third image is a closeup of this opening

More pictures

The British astronomer Edmund Halley, of comet fame, proposed that the earth might consist of several concentric spheres placed inside one another in the manner of a Chinese box puzzle. The two inner shells had diameters comparable to Mars and Venus, while the solid inner core was as big as the planet Mercury. More startling was Halley's proposal that each of these inner spheres might support life. They were supposed to be bathed in perpetual light created by a luminous atmosphere. When there was an unusually bright display of aurora borealis, Halley postulated that it might have been caused by glowing gas escaping from the earth' s interior into our atmosphere.

Link

One of the world's oldest legends tells of a vast underground network of tunnels and passageways connecting the great continents of the earth to a subterranean kingdom somewhere beneath the heart of Asia.

"Among the Mongolian tribes of Inner Mongolia," wrote the British explorer T. Wilkins, "there are traditions about tunnels and subterranean worlds which sound as fantastic as anything in modern novels. One legend - if it be that - says that the tunnels lead to a subterranean world of Antediluvian descent somewhere in a recess of Afghanistan, or in the region of the Hindu Kush. It is Shangri-la where science and the arts, never threatened by world wars, develop peacefully, among a race of vast knowledge. It is even given a name: Agharti."

A Prophecy from the Inner Earth?

And below is an index of links about inner earth. Some are dead links though. I recommend reading up and doing your own search on this subject because there is a lot of interesting information about inner earth

Index of links

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
actually my frien that hole above the North pole is old news. and it isnt in the earth its a whole in the ozone layer that has been there for years. nice try though

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
actually my frien that hole above the North pole is old news. and it isnt in the earth its a whole in the ozone layer that has been there for years. nice try though

was it. i didn't know that. thanx for clearing that up

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

That isn't a hole in the ozone. I have heard that that particular photograph is a mosaic of smaller images and that there were no photographs of that portion, thus it looks like a hole at the pole. Thats what I have read, but I will tell you anyhow, there are people who swear that is damning evidence of a hole into the hollow earth.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
While not an ancient city underground, I thought my fellow spelunkers might enjoy this link:

www.japantimes.co.jp...

Just a one page article.

spiderj

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Michael Mott has the best info on the hollow earth

hollowplanets.com...

Has a good book out too, the link above is just a teaser

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

From the top of the world: Weather satellite picture showing view of the North Pole.

"THERE'S A HOLE in the North Pole and it leads to a tropical paradise located at the center of the earth."

That's the word from a highly respected scientist and explorer who led a research team to the top of the world last year. The mission was meant to check out astounding satellite photos revealing a large, dark opening at the North Pole.

"We have found a fabulous world," says Edmund Bork, who led a team of international explorers through the hole in the Pole last summer.

link

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

If we are successful in finding the polar opening, then within 1,700 miles from any farthest north Arctic land bordering the Arctic Ocean we should reach the inner continent just as Admiral Richard E. Byrd did on his 1947 flight beyond the pole, as described in Amadeo Giannini's 1959 book, Worlds Beyond the Poles. At that time, Giannini wrote, "This United States Navy's polar exploratory force was preparing to embark upon one of the most memorable adventures in world history. Under the command of Rear Admiral Richard Evelyn Byrd, U.S.N., it was to penetrate into land extending beyond the North Pole supposed end of the Earth ... As the hour approached for the air journey into the land beyond, Admiral Byrd transmitted from the Arctic base a radio announcement of his purpose, but the announcement was so astonishing that its import was lost to millions who avidly read it in the press headlines throughout the world...The words of the message were momentous: 'I'd like to see that LAND BEYOND the Pole."..."That area BEYOND the Pole is THE CENTER OF THE GREAT UNKNOWN!"

I think the next step in the search for understanding the hollow earth is to look into theories about what is believed to be inside i.e is there life and cities underground.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Here is a site with detail information on the possible theory on the different cultures;

Nagas

The People. In India there is an ancient belief, still held by some, in a subterranean race of serpent people who dwell in the cities Patala and Bhogavati. According to the legend, they wage war on the kingdom of Agharta. "The Nagas," according to "The Deep Dwellers," "are described as a very advanced race or species, with a highly-developed technology. They also harbor a disdain for human beings, whom they are said to abduct, torture, interbreed with and even to eat."

The Entrances. While the entrance to Bhogavati is somewhere in the Himalayas, believers assert that Patala can be entered through the Well of Sheshna in Benares, India. Says William Michael Mott in "The Deep Dwellers": "According to herpetologist and author Sherman A. Minton, as stated in his book Venomous Reptiles, this entrance is very real, with forty steps which descend into a circular depression, to terminate at a closed stone door which is covered in bas-relief cobras. In Tibet, there is a major mystical shrine also called 'Patala,' which is said by the people there to sit atop an ancient cavern and tunnel system, which reaches throughout the Asian continent and possibly beyond. The Nagas also have an affinity with water, and the entrances to their underground palaces are often said to be hidden at the bottom of wells, deep lakes and rivers."

Secrets of hollow earth....

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hi all!

Whilst not wishing to spoil this fascinating debate, has anybody searched for "hollow earth debunked" or such like phrases?

If not, please see here

Quote:

"... The only possibility to form a hollow planet would be if the planetesimals were in exactly the right locations to have come together in a hollow shape in the first place.

Is this possible? Sure. The universe is a big place. I don't see why there couldn't be a chance that this might have happened. Is it likely? No way in hell. I don't know what the numbers are here, but you can be sure the odds are insurmountable. As an exercise in probability, try throwing a handful of sand onto a table in the hopes it will spell out your name. It might happen, but I sincerely doubt it (and this is far more likely to be a success than the odds against a planet forming as a hollow sphere).

Conclusion? The Earth has an iron-nickel core and is NOT hollow..." etc.

Just my �0.02...

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
i've already posted this link, but here's a diagram of another possible theory of the earth's inner layers

Halley also suggested that the interior of the Earth was populated with life and lit by a luminous atmosphere. He thought the aurora borealis, or northern lights, was caused by the escape of this gas through a thin crust at the poles.

Others picked up Halley's hollow-earth theory often adding their own twists. In the eighteen century Leonhard Euler, a Swiss mathematician, replaced the multiple spheres theory with a single hollow sphere which contained a sun 600 miles wide that provided heat and light for an advanced civilization that lived there. Later Scottish mathematician Sir John Leslie proposed there were two inside suns

Now studying that picture, it seems that its possible and logically for the inner earth to look like that. The only way to truely find out is, IMO, to dig. The most we've been down is 8 miles *off the top of my head so i could be wrong*

Genya: thank you for the information regarding the other side of the arguement, its much welcome

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
...Genya: thank you for the information regarding the other side of the arguement, its much welcome

No worries infinite!

I'm not trying to be sceptical (please believe!,) as I think alternative ideas need considering, so as to weigh their relative merits. I guess I'm adopting the "Devils Advocate" role here, just to show the "readership" (if I may use this term respectfully?) that the Hollow Earth theory has had counter arguments raised (and remains, of course, the "unscientific" world view at present).

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
well i have to say that im sitting on the fence for this one. There is a lot of interesting information when one looks into the hollow earth theory 'cause their are underground cities which have been made by humans during the B.C times. But as for the possibilty of other life being inside the inner earth, who knows. Its possible and there is enough evidence to suggest that its likely, but one feels that the argues against this contain a lot of logic too.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join