It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Most Amazing Crop Circle Ever" HAS IT BEEN DEBUNKED?!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
" know its odd to say this but i wouldnt have thought an alien would come up with this design."

That's fine if you assume that the things humans do aren't the things aliens would do. Do you know what i mean? More assumption...

I don't assume anything except for this- There is another concious somewhere. Whether it be somewhere as in a location, or on some higher place of existence I assume one thing and you will never be able to convince me otherwise- We are not the only beings that know we exist, there has got to be, on some level, in some place, in some time, someone/something else that knows of existence, that is aware there is a universe.

Why do i beleive this? There will never be a reason not to.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Ansiroth]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My daughter explained tp me it would be simple to plot out the design on the computer and plan the execution of the design using GPS

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
My daughter explained tp me it would be simple to plot out the design on the computer and plan the execution of the design using GPS

Oh because she's done this sort of thing before?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo

Originally posted by Ansiroth
www.youtube.com...

This is a video demonstrating that not only is this crop circle un-debunkable, but also that it has within it, encoded in its dimensions, the exact distance from the crop circle to the roswell crash site.

Oh, and the lattitude and longitude of the roswell crash site are also encoded in it.

P.S. Multiply or dividing the dimensions by each other result in 19.47 wich is tetrahedral geometry... and also the year roswell occured.

After watching that video and soaking in what has been demonstrated, its really really hard to know where you stand on this amazing crop circle.

Almost seems like too much to be a coincidence, don't ya think? However, I would love to see a skeptic take his own information and see if the skeptic comes up with the same answers. One person telling me this isn't enough for me to believe it, I need more confirmation.

Secondly, even if all he says is true, it still doesn't prove the crop circle was made by aliens. Again, why would they be going to all this trouble? Surely there must be better ways to communicate with us other than manipulating wheat stalks.

Where as I agree with the both of you, I must point out that if people built the statue of liberty, mount rushmore, etc, we can definately make crop circles. The thing that really astonishes me is not that this complex crop circle was made... but that is was made -over night!-

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Not to scoff at you, but indeed your daughter is correct. To plot out things on a program like CAD isn't very hard, but to use a gps to construct the design is farfetched but thats beside the point.

The reason why this glyph is so curious is that it just really doesn't seem possible by any means in any amount of time, to contruct something like this using lines of resolution, shading into a rendered 3-D appearence, and all at the same time encoding into all of the proven-to-be-true information about roswell.

Sorry, untill i see a bunch of unemployed fellows walk out onto a field and construct something like this before my very eyes...I'll never buy the idea that a group of associated circle makers created this in a single night...So perfectly.

Folks as far as crop circles are concered. This one takes the cake as "The real deal."*

*The real deal is that something other than humans created it.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ansiroth

Of course I agree with everything that you say. And as far as using GPS to mark out the design well I really have no idea It was just a thought. And personally if I had made some of those beautiful and vastly complex designs I would just HAVE to take credit for my handiwork. Anyone would. And yet no one has. At least not on this planet.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
So what's the big deal? You just require a couple of wooden planks, ropes, torches and some sandwiches! Jeeez!

Has anyone been able to debunk ALL crop circles as man made? NO! And this alien looking figure is an unsolved mystery. And probably will remain so till the cows come home!

Cheers!

If you look at the image, it is made from a very simple pattern with additional "blurring" around some of the edges with thicker areas of crop down.

x length of crop down, x feet of crop left standing. The entire picture consists of parallel lines except for the circular disk.

Instead of a linear method, the disk could be created using a polar method, with a length of measure from the very center. Stop at x length and revolve around the center in a circle for x length of crop down, x length of crop left standing.

... they could have even set up a simple transceiver in the field to approximate their distances onto a PDA with an overlay of the picture they were trying to create.

It hardly takes alien technology to create things like this, just a little imgination. I'm more impressed with the large geometric patterns - at least they can be considered art.

It's also *very* suspicious that the light source in the upper right actually appears to be *reflecting* off the "dome" of the alien head in a way that you would expect if it was actually 3D. This points to CGI.

Even the "Arecibo" crop pattern is even more simple. It's also x feet of crop down, x feet left standing, but it's just more obviously organized as a bunch of squares so People must think pretty low of humans if you have the idea that we can't handle something as simple as:

press 3 feet of crop
move forward 12 feet
press 6 feet of crop
move forward 3 feet
turn right
move forward three feet
turn right
press 12 feet of crop
move forward 24 feet
press 3 feet

etc... etc... until your at the end. It's the same way you'd program something to walk a maze without AI.

Oh I forgot. Humans can walk in straight lines.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by logician magician]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

So what's the big deal? You just require a couple of wooden planks, ropes, torches and some sandwiches! Jeeez!

Has anyone been able to debunk ALL crop circles as man made? NO! And this alien looking figure is an unsolved mystery. And probably will remain so till the cows come home!

Cheers!

If you look at the image, it is made from a very simple pattern with additional "blurring" around some of the edges with thicker areas of crop down.

x length of crop down, x feet of crop left standing. The entire picture consists of parallel lines except for the circular disk.

Instead of a linear method, the disk could be created using a polar method, with a length of measure from the very center. Stop at x length and revolve around the center in a circle for x length of crop down, x length of crop left standing.

... they could have even set up a simple transceiver in the field to approximate their distances onto a PDA with an overlay of the picture they were trying to create.

It hardly takes alien technology to create things like this, just a little imgination. I'm more impressed with the large geometric patterns - at least they can be considered art.

It's also *very* suspicious that the light source in the upper right actually appears to be *reflecting* off the "dome" of the alien head in a way that you would expect if it was actually 3D. This points to CGI.

Even the "Arecibo" crop pattern is even more simple. It's also x feet of crop down, x feet left standing, but it's just more obviously organized as a bunch of squares so People must think pretty low of humans if you have the idea that we can't handle something as simple as:

press 3 feet of crop
move forward 12 feet
press 6 feet of crop
move forward 3 feet
turn right
move forward three feet
turn right
press 12 feet of crop
move forward 24 feet
press 3 feet

etc... etc... until your at the end. It's the same way you'd program something to walk a maze without AI.

way to oversimplify something so much as to make it sound like it's as simple as drawing a picture. This place cracks me up sometimes

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by oldgoat

Cheers!

press 3 feet of crop
move forward 12 feet
press 6 feet of crop
move forward 3 feet
turn right
move forward three feet
turn right
press 12 feet of crop
move forward 24 feet
press 3 feet

way to oversimplify something so much as to make it sound like it's as simple as drawing a picture. This place cracks me up sometimes

Agreed, Oldgoat. This is not somthing a few people can do overnight with a PDA. Plus, even if this image was comprised of "simple" lines as you claim.. What about the disc shaped ASCII coded message? It's clearly not the same line pattern.

Just another skeptic saying "It's easy, man!" in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yes, it's been debunked. Frequently.

Originally posted by thegagefather
I'm curious... This is the crop circle that Jaime Maussan claimed to have been given in response to by ETs he sent a radio transmission to in 1974.

And he had access to radio transmission equipment? He was born in Mexico in 1953. He got a degree in radio and television... and the aliens picked HIS signal out of all the tv signals that were being flung all over the Earth during that year? Really?

The circle next to the face is ASCII coding, that contains a cryptic message, saying things along the line of "Believe there is still good in the world" and "There is still time" and "The conduit will be soon"

Here's how you know it's bogus:

In order to put out an ASCII code, the aliens had to
* learn the Roman/English alphabet (very difficult if you're watching tv.)
* figure out the English language
* wait till the PC became widely available
* go to Radio Shack or some other place and buy a computer
* learn the DOS operating system which would be extremely different from any program or operating system they ever encountered.
* Translate the DOS commands into a language they can understand
* learn how to run DOS from the command line
* learn to use the DOS "Debug" editor www.computerhope.com...
* type in a message AND figure out how to make the computer speaker beep (the CTRL G at the end of the message is the "computer beep")
* figure out where a word began and ended in ASCII
* write the crop circle.

DOS is a pretty primitive operating system (they might have used Linux but it wasn't widely available.)

The real problems are going to be walking into Radio Shack and buying the computer (with what currency?) and figuring out DOS and DEBUG. I was perfectly capable of doing all that back then, but I was a computer geek and it was pretty simple for me. It was beyond difficult for most people.

Now... if you suddenly got a message from an alien, are you REALLY going to wait 20 years and then run off and learn the Klingon language (when you don't know if the aliens know it), write a warning message, and paint the Klingon language message on a rock in the middle of nowhere?

If they wanted to message us, they'd have used the same format. And since he sent a picture they would know exactly which frequency to use and how to beam a similar picture back to the whole world.

It ain't that hard to do.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Im still undecided about the crop circles. They could be man made but given the frequency and geographic locations it does seem to be a well choreographed and thought out operation.

Second, given the geometrical complexity of recent designs. It would seem that we would find more mistakes or oops factors. Why aren't more crop circles shown with flaws or mistakes? Too me that would be the best way to disprove or debunk them.

Show a bunch that are fudged do to human error. Maybe the group got a little liquored up that night. They may have started at the wrong starting point and got the dimensions fudged from the start.

Due to this lack of evidence it leans me more towards an unconventional answer..

Has anyone found any crop circles that have been botched? Or is that part of the conspiracy of the circles themselves? They only photograph the "perfect" results?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Cheers!

press 3 feet of crop
move forward 12 feet
press 6 feet of crop
move forward 3 feet
turn right
move forward three feet
turn right
press 12 feet of crop
move forward 24 feet
press 3 feet

Perhaps if it is so simple, you could demonstrate this and make us one?

By the way don't forget, it's nearly 88 thousand square feet and you only have between midnight and 5am.

Would you say that this is easier or harder than laying carpet? Do you know anyone who can lay 88 thousand square feet of carpet in 5 or 6 hours?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Here's how you know it's bogus:

In order to put out an ASCII code, the aliens had to
* learn the Roman/English alphabet (very difficult if you're watching tv.)
* figure out the English language
* wait till the PC became widely available
* go to Radio Shack or some other place and buy a computer
* learn the DOS operating system which would be extremely different from any program or operating system they ever encountered.
* Translate the DOS commands into a language they can understand
* learn how to run DOS from the command line
* learn to use the DOS "Debug" editor www.computerhope.com...
* type in a message AND figure out how to make the computer speaker beep (the CTRL G at the end of the message is the "computer beep")
* figure out where a word began and ended in ASCII
* write the crop circle.

You are making a lot of assumptions here.

First, what is to say that we did not learn ascii from them through recovered craft?

Second, there is a guy right here on earth that has the capacity to learn a new language in 3 weeks, I forget his name but he is a savant of some sort. Would you not consider an alien race with the technology it would appear they possess intellectually superior to our race?

Third, computers as we now know them may in fact also be a result of recovered alien technology.

Actually I won't even go any further, everything on this list is based on assumptions.

It is not my intent to upset you or try to debate you on this, because anything I could counter with would be assumptions as well, and that is counterproductive to solving anything of this nature. To make one assumption based on collective evidence may be acceptable, but to base an entire position on assumptions will never bear fruit of any kind.

[edit on 4/23/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I tend to agree with DarrylGalasso on this. Although I detect some sarcasm in your post. Which is what people generally do when something cannot be immediately explained or understood make fun of it.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather

Agreed, Oldgoat. This is not somthing a few people can do overnight with a PDA. Plus, even if this image was comprised of "simple" lines as you claim.. What about the disc shaped ASCII coded message? It's clearly not the same line pattern.

Just another skeptic saying "It's easy, man!" in my opinion.

You're assume it's a few people creating these. How do you know this?

Also, there are not too many people coming out about it. Why?

Because it's illegal. It's trespassing and vandalism. Those of us humans who have created any are certainly not going to come out to the public about it. I'm sure most people who actually have created them would not tell exactly how they do it.

Why? Because they find it funny that people thing aliens are doing it. How often do you get to take part in a joke on the entire world?

I told you the ASCII coded message would be created like this: a concentric polar circle with alternating areas of crop up and crop down. Take a look at this one, proven to be created by humans.

It's a concentric square. If you can't tell, a square like that is more difficult to create than a circle because there are more lines which must be parallel and you have to pay more attention to right angles. This would probably difficult for one person to do, so it would require another guy keeping track of the figure and length while another man set the crop down.

A circle is created from a a central point. In order to make the disk, you would put a marker at the origin, and tie a, say, 80 foot rope to it if you want a circle 160 feet across. On the rope, you would place pre-defined markers (red tape?) at the length from the center at which you would create the concentric circles at each point where your markers on the rope were.

If it was a spiraling circle, you would graduate the distance every few seconds at a constant rate (probably set to a timer/markers or called by a spotter ahead/behind you) as you pressed down the wheat, instead of once every revolution. There are many, many ways to perform these simple maneuvers.

For the areas of crop/up and crop/down, there are plenty of ways to do it. Perhaps you have set a timer with pre-defined beeps which tell you when to start/stop each cycle of crop/up crop/down. Most likely a team member would be keeping track of this. It wouldn't be one person doing this, it would be 3-4 people following each other and probably a front-man who is verifying that the correct path is being following (he's not busy flattening wheat so he concentrates on keeping the correct graduation of distance as the length from the origin of the center increases. It's called teamwork, you don't need aliens for it.

Look at this square:
science.howstuffworks.com...

First imagine that they imprinted binary or ascii into it by created areas of raise/lowered within the spiraling square itself. Do you think that would be difficult?

Do you really think it would be much more difficult to flatten more wheat?

Now imagine the same concept, but from a central point and guided by a rope as I explained above, to create a circle. It's not that difficult, and surely with practice you could get really good at it.

Check out this website with visualizations

www.mathematische-basteleien.de...

Anyway, yeah, I've. heard of teams of upwards of 40 people working in a single night. It's all very well organized. The circles have been becoming more elaborate as team sizes have increased and more people have become aware of the art.

.. or else we've been witnessing aliens get better at geometry!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Joke on the world.

Anyway, now that I've explained how to create some crop circles,

Now it's your turn to tell me how the aliens do it.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Though I agree it is possible for humans to make these things, why do we never see imperfect ones or ones that were never fully completed.

If people are running around in the night doing this, the earliest they could even check it would be the next day - IF - they had a private plane to do a short tour over. And thats pretty involved.

So what, they run back the next night hoping no one noticed it was half done?

Some of these circles would require teams of people with almost military percision to pull off, especially in the middle of the night.

But, since we cant know for sure, hats off to their makers.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BluePillOrRedPill
www.cropcircleresearch.com...

Its called the Arecibo Message

Did people not take the time to read and star this???

This explains the reply crop circle as well as the message sent to spae by earth scientists in 1974.

Good job RedPill =)

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I once heard that in the "real cropcircles" the wheat is BENT at ground level, whereas in the faked ones the wheat is broken off.

Anyone heard this? I heard it from someone in the New Age community who easily would have repeated or made it up to further his cause, without proof, but I'd love to find out for sure.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
So let's get this straight. We send a message into space using whatever technology we have, and in return we get a message back in the fields. A highly technological advance race of creatures would not go around flattening out fields to communicate. I am certain they would use the same technology we would have to communicate with us. This is just reaching for you believers, to you people everything can be blamed on aliens

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Why is there even a five page debate on whether or not crop circles have been debunked. They are made by humans and trust me, we can do something as simple as making a picture in fields, we do build buildings and other highly engineered things. A crop circle would not be that difficult for someone to do it. You will ask why would they do that, simple because people like you will buy anything.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join