It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Napolitano: Illegal Immigration NOT a Crime?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

you got a pretty good memory. seems to be right on. Found this article that basically says what you stated.

A person entering the United States illegally is not typically charged as a criminal. In the event that anyone was charged as a criminal, they would be afforded rights as non-U.S. citizens, such as due process and the right to an attorney in a criminal trial. This is according to the U.S. Constitution—regardless of the practices of this administration.

Since being “out of status” is a civil crime, there is no public attorney assigned to any of these cases. An alleged illegal immigrant must provide his or her own legal representation for an immigration hearing,

www.newsreview.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Originally posted by Jenna

You have got to be kidding me.... If she can look at the law and somehow interpret that to mean that crossing the border illegally is not a crime, then there is absolutely no hope for that woman.

If this asinine statement and not using the word terrorist unless it's about our own citizens is a sample of what we have to look forward to from her, our country is in big trouble.

s4u

We ARE in Big Trouble.

You have to wonder what DHS would do if an illegal alien crossed onto a retired veteran gunowner's land, created a 'man-made disaster,' but was caught by the land owner and held for authorities.

Who would she prosecute?

Give you 1 guess.

What hypocrisy! At some point, will someone say "enough is enough, already?"

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Do you think each illegal should be charged with entering the US illegally?

I am trying to stay on this topic but you keep bringing up other issues as well.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
What scares me most is that she is unashamed and open about her interpretation. We have been subjected to this philosophy on illegal immigration during the last two administration, also. They just acted, silently, behind the scenes and were never so bold.

Just as the msm has consistently left out the word "illegal" from the phrase "illegal immigration" and accused us (who want enforcement) of being "anti-immigrant" and "racist", this is a slap in the face. Get used to getting those. I have a feeling they will be increasing exponentially.

Edit: I guess I should have said 'about her mis-interpretation'

[edit on 20-4-2009 by WTFover]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Originally posted by jam321

Do you think each illegal should be charged with entering the US illegally?
I am trying to stay on this topic but you keep bringing up other issues as well.

Bottom line:

1. You can't do it to "each alien," you have to catch them in the act of crossing to prove they violated 1325.

2. There's no place to hold all of them if sentenced to "time."

The 'trick' is to take them to a different level where you have more control and leverage.

It IS possible "game the system" against them, though. Here's one way:
Take an arrestee immediately before a magistrate. Offer him a "plea bargain" to 6 months, probated, credit for 'time served.' Turn him over to ICE.

He is now a convicted FELON. He will never show up for his probation meetings or comply with the terms. He is now a Federal FUGITIVE FELON.

He can now be dealt with as a criminal without the necessity of a 'trial.' (Violation of probation proceedings are "Administrative" and not new charges.)

Deportation of felons is easier and higher priority than mere "detainees."
Make it clear any employer harboring fugitives or employing alien FELONs will be tried under Federal AND State laws.

You've gotten the alien into the records system, short-circuited enforcement proceedings, and can either imprison or deport. And kept him out of legitimate workplaces.

And do you think Napolitano or Holder will go along? They've got Americans to imprison!

jw

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

It's not a bad idea really, it just seems like there would be some ethical aspects to consider with that approach. If we don't behave ethically when it comes to the law, how can we expect anyone else to?

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Texas law allows for exactly this process, to take misdemeanor violators and turn them into felons. Many drug addicts commit repeated minor offenses for cash with little punishment to fear. By "enhancing" them into felons, they can pay the true penalty their mini-crime-sprees deserve.

There's a short story here called "The Coca-Cola Bandits" which shows how it works in real life.

jw

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Maybe, those FEMA camps are for the removal of american citizens, or disposal, aka nazi germany and Auswitch.. so our leaders to be, will let illgals in, to work for less so they can reap all the profits.? Just another scary though struck my mind..
Being called homeland secuirty...her illegal aleins nota t hreat speech, DEF removes the wrod homeland, and as for secuirtys..welll....quite frankly, in her speech where is it?
Maybe they should change thier name, to Fatherland securitys...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

There are no FEMA camps.

There is no "Security" either, is there?

Is there a common thread running thru all of this? Other than Obama's hatred of the middle class?

jw

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I've watched this lady on tv giving news conferances and it leaves me wondering what qualifications, if any, one has to have to be DHS. Everytime she speaks it leaves me wondering if she even takes her job seriously.

I was asked a question the other day on how I thought President Obama was doing. I thought about it for a few minutes and the answer I gave suprised me a little. I answered that he himself isn't doing a bad job, but the people around him are making him look like an idiot. I think that most of them seem lost and look as if everytime they get in front of the camera or a group of people they get a little gitty.

I think he has made some mistakes putting a few individuals around him and she is one of them.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This woman should clearly not hold the position that she holds. Heck, a couple of months ago, she wasn't even aware - or was turning a blind eye to - the violence spilling from Mexico into the US.

Apparently since O has an illegal aunt living in the US (she's still here, I'm pretty sure). Heck, someone told me the other day there are a few illegals working in the whitehouse. I wish I had something to back that up with, but I don't.

Each and every day I am dumbfounded at the things that this administration says and does.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
HEY!!!!!!

Does this mean that illegal bank robbing is not a crime too??? Does this mean that anything "Illegal" is not a crime either?? Got to come back to the US, Illeagally of course so I can have some fun.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

"Building a North American Community" published by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR). The CFR report connects the dots between the Bush administration's actual policy on illegal immigration and the drive to create the North American Union:

In March 2005, the leaders of Canada, Mexico, and the United States adopted a Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP), establishing ministerial-level working groups to address key security and economic issues facing North America and setting a short deadline for reporting progress back to their governments. President Bush described the significance of the SPP as putting forward a common commitment "to markets and democracy, freedom and trade, and mutual prosperity and security." The policy framework articulated by the three leaders is a significant commitment that will benefit from broad discussion and advice.

We are the North American Union now. Its that plain and simple, The European Union just celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2006, most had no idea it has been in existence for so long, "most" meaning most Europeans did not know they were already members of the EU.

Guess what kids? We already are members of the North American Union. This is why our DEA now patrols openly in Canada and Mexico, as well as Canada and the US military have signed pacts allowing either military to serve in each others country, cause its a done deal.

So I suppose, unfortunately, she is correct, there is no longer a law preventing illegals coming into the US.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
When are people going to wake up and realize immigration is just a scape goat? I'm all for "open" borders. I only support closing them down temporarly because we are a welfare state and it just ends up costing us more. But immigration isn't the problem there, it's the welfare state.

You guys sit around and complain about big government and all this stuff, and yet then you cry about things like this. You cry because they aren't going into other places and being big brother to them.

Makes me sick.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
You guys sit around and complain about big government and all this stuff, and yet then you cry about things like this. You cry because they aren't going into other places and being big brother to them.

Makes me sick.

So people being angry that our laws aren't being enforced makes you sick? We have laws for a reason, and we have every right to expect them all to be enforced.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I wonder how many of you would break the law if your family were starving and rotting in poverty......

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

No, what makes me sick is people sit around and complain when government does bad things to them, but at the same time get upset when it doesn't do bad things to others.

I could honestly give a crap what the laws say. Laws do not determine right from wrong, if they did then why don't we have all the laws North Korea has?

This is exactly why people get what they have now. They build up the beast thinking it's going to be working for them, and they build it up in their own biases towards others. Of course, what they fail to think about is when that beast is turned on them.

So hey, build it up and use "laws" to hide bias and hatred towards others. You will get exactly what you deserve.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I will get exactly what I deserve? Well great, it's about time. That means I'll get a country that isn't going down the toilet and a government that actually serves the people instead of itself right? I'll get laws that are followed without cries of racism, and actual equality for everyone regardless of skin color, sexual orientation, or gender. I'll get medicine that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg, and insurance that won't refuse me for a previous condition. I'll get fair wages for workers, and no more jobs sent to other countries while illegal immigrants take what's left. I'll get an education that actually educates me rather than being an exercise in memorization. I'll get a home I can afford without selling my first born child, and won't have to worry about foreclosure because I won't lose my job due to the economy. My husband won't be sent off to die in a roadside bomb, and my children will never be hungry. I won't be taxed half to death while banks get bailed out.

So when is all this going to happen, cause I can't wait. Sounds like an amazing time to live in if we're going to get what we deserve.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

I sure wouldn't cross illegally into another country and take a chance of going to jail. Millions of people around the world are doing their best to keep their children from starving and managing to pull it off without sneaking illegally into another country.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Laws mean nothing in Amerika anymore. Judges now legislate from the bench. Our legislators run half cocked through the hallowed halls without even a wink and a nod towards their constituents. If someone gives you a dirty look, slap them with a frivolous lawsuit within our extremely ill legal system.

Our elected and appointed officials seem to believe that laws are meant to be broken or enforced only as they see fit (especially tax laws Obama nominees).

Janet is highly under qualified for her position and should just keep her mouth shut. I smell a patsy. Obama is waiting to blame the next big national security hiccup on Madame Secretary Dum Dum. Enjoy the glory while you can Janet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join