It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing octopus UFO filmed by child in Brazil, video

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The footage is a bit spooky, it is at first thought a silly fake, but I'm sure those tentacles change in number. Ten then eleven. Also the tips of the tentacles move together in changing direction.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Interesting that the metaphor of "like an octopus" has occurred, and we have had the statement that "a ufo like an octopus" bashed into a windmill (electricity generating turbine) near Louth in Lincolnshire by one of the witnesses to that incident, earlier this year. We are privy, here in Britain, to statements by a witness, not so much of the ufo incident but of the behaviour of the authorities, and that behaviour was odd, this woman has said.
"They went straight to the damaged wind turbine then went away. If it was metal fatigue or whatever, surely they would have looked at others to observe metal fatigue comparatively."
My favourite ufo photograph has never been published, think maybe Michael Hessemann might have got hold of it, it was in an album of photos owned by Wendelle Stevens, and he was selling the album for 2000 krona in Iceland.....think Hessemann bought it, would like to have. It had like seven or eight tentacles waving around outside its commode (the commode was similar to a re-entry phase moon rocket, with large and small sections) and I said to Wendelle, "Is that like, an octopus or something?"
"No, the guy said they were more like elephant's trunks, they had the same grasping clutching sort of quality...you know...."
So it seemed to be some sort of unknown creature, this conversation took place between Wendelle Stevens, Michael Hessemann and myself in November 1993 in Iceland.
It still ranks as my favourite photo of a ufo and it's never been published. Think the photographer was Brazilian and in Brazil, but unfortunately Wendelle later on, when I phoned him, completely couldn't remember that photo, and started thinking what I meant were other ufo photographs, especially "the Cocoyoc shots", which are good with tentacles also coming out the craft, but these dangle more like the terebrators of a jellyfish.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't know wh, but the whole clip somehow reminded me of this thing:

HERE

Everyne who followed that one knew, that it grew sighting by sighting, and at the beginning it looked just like the one in the clip.
Also the shape and everything...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Why did i just get a email about a Balloon. Seriously the most important factors are the vector and the variable rate of speed. Craft do not move willy nilly showing a random tentacle here and there. The object obviously lacks a constant vector, which is hard for some to tell because the video does not maintain contact for considerable continuous periods of time. This a very good example of how people have difficultly placing their point of view into a camera. If the majority of people were there in person they would easily be able to identify it as a balloon of some sort.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by upnorthtrip
Where's the debunkers?????
No sign of them.....................................................

[edit on 19-4-2009 by upnorthtrip]

This kind of reply REALLY bothers me and it says a LOT about the quality of thinking on ATS sometimes. Not only was this discussed and disseminated and dispelled before, but now "debunkers" are required to be present at every single repost else it be some weird sort of proof by absence.

The mere fact that anyone would even think that (lack of immediate response by a "debunker") to be a purveyor of vindication is almost absurd.. yet once again, I am the only one who calls anyone out on it.

I'd be willing to bet this isn't your only "haha.. see debunkers!!!" post you have made is it?

as to the original vid and some who give it credence just based on the participants...

I have said it before and I will say it again.
Just because a video is shot by a non-expert and is shaky and grainy and includes "normal" comments by every day mystified people doesn't give it any less or more credibility.

If I wanted to create a hoax i would certainly take all that into account to make a more believable vid. And I would probably use young kids and post the video on a forum with a majority of people who do not speak the language on the film.

All I would need to do is drive down to Tijuana, release a weird multi faceted multi colored balloon with sparkles and hand a poor kid hopped up on some sugar pops (that I gave him) a crappy camera and point to it when it was 1/2 mile up.

I am not saying this is a "hoax" like that, but just that the context should never be used to judge a video's authenticity.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer
has got to be the dumbest thing I have read in a long time! I'm not sure what this thing is, or where its from but I do know one thing its is deffinitely a UFO (unidentified Flying Object).

The dumbest thing, huh? Did you even read your post after you posted it? Did you even read this whole thread before you posted it? This is NOT a UFO, it has been identified, debunked, case closed, moved on. Not to mention the threads that people have posted that are years old of this same balloon video.

If you can't accept the years-old debunking of this video or the fact it is identical to known balloons as in the images below, then you and several others in this thread need to go see someone with "Dr." in their name:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/edb34aee8701.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd4b8a796e49.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/081a8396a86d.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 20-4-2009 by _BoneZ_]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This looks like a drone hovering around. The military has been trying to build these for several years now. As far as the spikes those just look like a style of stabilizers that spin to keep the craft balanced. What are they spying on?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I wish more video had been taken. Or if it had, the full thing released.

As far as stating unequivocally that this is a balloon, that's ridiculous. No one can prove this is a balloon any more than anyone can prove it's an alien thing. Just because balloons exist with spikes, does not automatically make this a balloon. It looks rather drab imo, if it's a balloon.

But regardless, I think it's poor investigation to say "Hmm.. there are balloons in roughly that shape.. open and shut case, it's a balloon!"

What do YOU think it is einstein?

Balloon is the most likely correct answer to this one. The balloon from that Brazilian site looks uncannily like this object

As for "morphing", the balloon could have tilted and shown its spikes, and it does seem to linger there - the camera zooming in a LOT in one part to show more details to spikes and hardly any when it's zoomed out.

Balloon.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by upnorthtrip

Because they only want you!

Joking!!

I just worry that most UFO chasers think they are good, when they are not.

I didnt intend to single you out and warn you. I had to throw it in there somewhere.

I dont know why they are bad. I was told by a relative who worked with them. We do argue a lot about this sugject.

He wont talk! He cant tell his wife or anyone about it. I just get little clues, every now and then.

He would never lie to me. I would trust him with my life.

You are safe.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I wish more video had been taken. Or if it had, the full thing released.

As far as stating unequivocally that this is a balloon, that's ridiculous. No one can prove this is a balloon any more than anyone can prove it's an alien thing. Just because balloons exist with spikes, does not automatically make this a balloon. It looks rather drab imo, if it's a balloon.

But regardless, I think it's poor investigation to say "Hmm.. there are balloons in roughly that shape.. open and shut case, it's a balloon!"

Exactly why I don't listen to a word "debunkers" say anymore these days. They are more "matter of fact" than atheists.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It's unfortunate that there isnt a better shot of this "Object" it seems that whenever there is any encounter its always distorted or out of focus

off topic i suppose ..... but has anyone heard of any sightings in Saskatchewan Canada??? I will be in the area and as an amateur ufologist I was hoping to do some investigating..

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Amazing thread debunked years ago around the web and right here by its only eighth answer, still nevertheless growing up like just a truly freaky outterichspacy octopussy thing.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Might be a hologram.

It wouldn't be beyond various organisations who are well known for deception and false flags to use a hologram to deceive.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by upnorthtrip

Because they only want you!

Joking!!

I just worry that most UFO chasers think they are good, when they are not.

I didnt intend to single you out and warn you. I had to throw it in there somewhere.

I dont know why they are bad. I was told by a relative who worked with them. We do argue a lot about this sugject.

He wont talk! He cant tell his wife or anyone about it. I just get little clues, every now and then.

He would never lie to me. I would trust him with my life.

You are safe.

Here we go, its the female abductee brigade telling us the aliens are bad ................ let's wait and see and not jump to conclusions.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by stewartw2]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Copy that with the physics, looking at the speed at which the "object" is maneuvering, it is floating, and drifting. The counter-weight is visible. Just cause there is one bluff out there (this one), does not mean your cases are proved wrong, and closed. Lets all relax, focus on the more compelling stuff. This is clearly a balloon, and any physicist here could back me up, or pilots.

Furthermore, in terms of anthropological science: Brazil is a VERY religouse country. The mother is filming, and the kids are smilling; not scared in the least bit. If this was a Alien ship (this is a "UFO," at this stage), one would be screaming "DIABLO DIABLO," rather then saying "oh, this is so cool!" and standing there.

I hope this has helped clear up a few things!

Yes, it is a UFO, unidentified flying object. Case-Closed!!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Look, I'm as happy as most people to want to see a UFO up close, I've seen a triangle but that's the best I've ever seen BUT for people to think that video is anything other than the balloon that was shown is madness.

Someone even posted an EXACT picture of what you saw in balloon form..

The shape moved from side to side like a balloon would do when affected by wind, it rocked back and forth again by wind. It moved very slowly in a balloon like fashion. At no point did it 'morph', it just tilted on it's axis very slightly in conjunction with the camera angle.

I'm a believer but some people here should take a step back, look, research and allow themselves to accept that there are more things in the skies than UFO's. Far too many people are so narrow minded that they make the whole subject a laughing stock to those reading the forums.

I laughed at "lets see where the debunkers are..no where to be seen".

I'll tell you where they were, laughing their backsides off at you for jumping on the UFO trail so easily. Please people, face facts, most of what people see or film are hoaxes, chinese lanterns (god, if I see another report of an orange object floating slowly that seemed to flicker yellow I'll go mad) or just plane, birds or balloons at odd angles.

I firmly believe that there's real ones out there but I refuse to make myself look daft by jumping on the 'alien ship' after one look at an object. You have eyes, ears and a brain to deduce things, please use them.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Mclaneinc]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
Look, I'm as happy as most people to want to see a UFO up close, I've seen a triangle but that's the best I've ever seen BUT for people to think that video is anything other than the balloon that was shown is madness.

Someone even posted an EXACT picture of what you saw in balloon form..

The shape moved from side to side like a balloon would do when affected by wind, it rocked back and forth again by wind. It moved very slowly in a balloon like fashion. At no point did it 'morph', it just tilted on it's axis very slightly in conjunction with the camera angle.

I'm a believer but some people here should take a step back, look, research and allow themselves to accept that there are more things in the skies than UFO's. Far too many people are so narrow minded that they make the whole subject a laughing stock to those reading the forums.

I laughed at "lets see where the debunkers are..no where to be seen".

I'll tell you where they were, laughing their backsides off at you for jumping on the UFO trail so easily. Please people, face facts, most of what people see or film are hoaxes, chinese lanterns (god, if I see another report of an orange object floating slowly that seemed to flicker yellow I'll go mad) or just plane, birds or balloons at odd angles.

I firmly believe that there's real ones out there but I refuse to make myself look daft by jumping on the 'alien ship' after one look at an object. You have eyes, ears and a brain to deduce things, please use them.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Mclaneinc]

Amen brother!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by randomnumbergenerator

I don't understand - what would be the point of a hologram of a balloon?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Why is it anyways that every UNIDENTIFIED flying object is claimed to be aliens visiting us?
Have you guys ever thought of Secret Weapons?
IF the United States secret weapon were a B-22, Do you think they would let the whole world know about it? NO they wouldn't. By now we all know of Aurora, and it is not that much of a secret anymore. I doubt that they stopped researching after Aurora. Aurora is not a "Secret Weapon" anymore either.
We've probably got new things that would blow our minds if we knew....
So stay calm guys, this thing is undeniably a fluke. Stay focused on the unexplainable vids

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hello Wise One's,

As much as I would like it to be a visit from our gods, but it is not, clearly floating not flying. Yes it's a baloon, at first I said kite, but thouse pic's of the baloons explan it.
So many UFO vid's I have see of kite's, plastic bags caught in up draft's, and of cause BALOONS!!!!
Don't get Kernonos wrong, I am not one of our debunkers that we have in here that makes life fun for us beliver's, I am one that has seen for my self and belive the Anunnaki will be back soon.
So Wise Ones, keep looking up and keep with the info sharing. Thing are going to be changed in a big way in a few years, so enjoy life as we know it and prepare for the coming.......

Blessed Be:

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join