It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody honestly beat a game without dying once?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

That is very impressive, I didn't get very far on veteran, too frustrating for me :bash:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Bunnyhopped and prone jumped my way through the COD4 campaign on veteran without getting killed. It only took me a few hours but the ending was great...I had tears in my eyes

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I tend to brag, so ignore me if you want

I played COD4 semi-professionally for about 6 - 8 months last year. We were in the Invite league here in Australia, which is as high as you can go.

We also participated in the World Cyber Games in Sydney. We came third overall.

Sadly, COD4 has gotten old now though. I'm back to Counter-strike 1.6 and RTS games.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Got 48% of GTA IV beat before I died, with no cheats, might I add. I am going to start over after work to see if I can get any further.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Mario on the NES if you use all the warps and Aladdin on the SNES.
Most lives lost on Dragon's Lair - SNES.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Most new games are designed such that you die more, but the death is meaningless because you can just load a saved game or something. The current generation of gamers doesn't like making a new character from scratch. Get a game from the early 90s or earlier, and you'll find a lot more of them require you to beat the game without dying, because if you do, you're back to square one, literally. (unless you save scummed or something, but that is considered cheating)

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
haha yea I played some barney game on the old sega console with my younger sibling a long time ago, you can't die in that game, and the only way to lose is to turn off the system.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Metal slug III, me and my mate completed it with one credit each on the arcade...

That's 'cos we'r leet though.

My mate could also complete the very first Resident evil with only a knife and pistol without dying.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Oh you said current games...does Alex the kid count?

It was on Sega master system II

And there was no such thing as saving a game back then

Heh ok first thing I thought of when reading the Op was... Alex the Kid. Looks like I wasnt the only one.Ah hell now I got teh Janken theme tune stuck in my head...

Oh I did complete Marvel Superheroes (I think that was its name) in the arcade using Psylocke (granted that was after 3 weeks and about 20 bucks worth of coins practicing prior
) But I did complete it with no continues... first and only Arcade game I ever completed. Kinda cheep considering i beat magneto by just jump psy blast, land psy blast, rince repeat stupid AI got stuck and couldnt get out of it beat him with full health to heh

[edit on 24-5-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Even thought its not a current game. I have beaten Super C for the nes without dying. The game restarts itself over so you can keep playing it again if you want.

I remember beating the game twice in a row without dying at my friends place a few years back.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyleplatinum
I always try to complete levels/games without dying (mainly 1st person shooters),

Treat it like it's real, it works

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Speaking of real, I'd love to find anyone that has ever managed to finish Operation Flashpoint or ArmA without dying.

One hit kills and ridiculously hard missions make that an impossibility I think.

I'd be lucky to finish either campaign with less than 20 deaths.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
i dont think you cn die in some recing games.....but yeah...
ive played islander on the nes without dying. Although it was on my millionth play through the game :-)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I havent been able to kill more than ONE person in either of those games let alone get anywhere near the end of the first maps...lol. God ArMa sux. I take that back I did get through 2 maps in Opflash. I have beaten SW: the force unleashed first go through , no deaths.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Slash

If you could really beat Mega Man 1: When Gaming Physics Attack without dying, you are a legend. When you jump it's like you're on the moon and when you fall its like you're being shot out of a cannon downwards. Anytime you're health is low, all the enemies just drop items to increase your point total (something about that makes it cool though). I've beaten all the main plot line games except mm9 and that is by far tied for worst with mmx7.

I can beat The Darkness on normal without dying. Even on hard its way easier than your standard halo game. If we're extending this to rpg's, I could beat lost odyssey from the beginning now that I know what to avoid and how to beat the first boss (hardest first boss in video game history). I can also beat Mega Man X8 without dying. Everyone whines that its so hard because of all the spikes yet they don't notice that the contact field for said spikes is noticeably smaller from previous installments.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd

I havent been able to kill more than ONE person in either of those games let alone get anywhere near the end of the first maps...lol. God ArMa sux. I take that back I did get through 2 maps in Opflash. I have beaten SW: the force unleashed first go through , no deaths.

I'm really into hardcore war simulations, so OFP and ArmA are like the holy grails of my game collection.

Sadly, I'm not much better at them than you. I finished both campaigns, but not after turning down some difficulty settings and reading up on playguides.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
reply to post by ahnggk

Speaking of real, I'd love to find anyone that has ever managed to finish Operation Flashpoint or ArmA without dying.

One hit kills and ridiculously hard missions make that an impossibility I think.

Does Battlefield 2 count? Also one-shot kills, worse because you have to face heavily-armed land, air, and sea vehicles too. And the AI is very good and deadly accurate on most difficult settings.

en.wikipedia.org...

Other games I've finished with the highest achievement/score on the most difficult/realistic settings, without dying, crashing, wrecking once:

-Jane's USAF
-Richard Burns Rally
-World of Warcraft (MMORPG) - Player vs Player (PvP) in multiplayer battle grounds(non-twink)

Like I said before, think(or imagine) it's real. You can achieve top score by focusing on the objective and not playing hero.... You can of course try your best to save your AI/another player comrade, but be sure you two don't end up dead. One fighting, one dead is infinitely better than two dead... Go run and find something to hide behind when the tide turn against you and wait/call for reinforcement - live today fight tomorrow, dead = no pew pew.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Let''s see...

Freelancer (I love this game and still play it frequently)
Mechwarrior 4
Mechwarrior 4: Dark Knight
Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries
Quake II

I play mostly RPGs, so not sure if a group of players counts.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

I'm playing Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries again at the moment (nostalgia brought it back, damn that new Mechwarrior trailer).

I've already died twice so there goes that challenge

Perhaps my problem is that I rely on my favourite looking mechs and not the toughest haha. I can't stand the ugly late Assault mechs like the Dashai and Gladiator etc. I keep my Mad Cats.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Personally, I love the Dashai. I am currently trying to beat the game using a single mech and skipping all the wing man. Huge advantage in earlier fights (more gear to outfit your primary), but man, it hurts later on just due to being nickle and dimed to death.

Freelancer has also gotten way too easy for me. I am currently working on a mod to increase the difficulty level significantly while keeping the original flavor of the single player campaign intact.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join