It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MTV Martial Law Warnings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think a must see -

Are these really coming out in TV? - I would like to know who is sponsoring these "commercials"? Aint no small money productions... Date goes back to July 23, 2008.

Do someone has something to tell about these masterpieces?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
These have been posted here before but I don't remember the thread. Perhaps someone could shed some light.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Interesting videos...I dont watch MTV so I have never seen them before. I sure hope it doesnt happen, but it does make you wonder...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I have seen these before and too imagine MTV is releasing them is really really really strange. Anyone else agree?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well I also saw these a while ago, and am still waiting for some response, I do not watch tv so I don't even know if they have been aired but it is a pretty straightforward warning of how helpless we really are! depressing no?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
All in all its probably not a bad thing. I actually kinda liked the videos. The video seems as if it is trying to send a message to a generation that is ignoring what is going on in the world. There is absolutely nothing wrong with questioning authority and what their motives are...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thats pretty stunning. Im pretty sure this was made during the bush regime.

I can see the standpoint. You guys think that obama is going to continue bush's tirade.

Well, to be honest. I am open to it, but in no way support it. Anything is possible. But i take it no further then that. I leave it up to time to prove.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Vyrtigo]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think you'll find your explanation here:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

A recent series of commercials produced by MTV's youth networking website, Think MTV, poses an interesting conundrum to the modern television viewer. Using the Holocaust as the backdrop for what could befall America if we are "not careful," the 30-second spots questions the integrity of the network for using an example that remains fresh in the memories and minds of a culture. Which seems to be exactly their point, if they have one.

It was a political commentary on the Bush Administration and the direction of the nation.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Very nice post. Something I haven't seen before. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

EXCELLENT ADS

Never been a fan of MTV but they did good with those ads.

I pray they get viewed by a maximum sized audience.

God have mercy on us all.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vyrtigo

What? You mean Obama agreeing with Bush policies isn't enough?

The more things change...........

[edit on 10-4-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
It was a political commentary on the Bush Administration and the direction of the nation.

Like the direction has changed under Team Obama's reign?!
Stop drinking the Obama kool-aid plox.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Pretty impressive if you ask me! Not being much on MTV I have never visited their site nor do I watch videos, so this is new to me.

I think it is wonderful that someone is trying to open the eyes of these kids. I really wonder though about who was behind this. Great find.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Its an important lesson and message which sadly will not be comprehended by most of MTV's viewership. Given the attention span and intellectual depth (or rather lack thereof) exhibited by the youth of today its likely they won't comprehend this message beyond its initial face value.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
it says .. the holocaust happened to people like us ..... it says nothing about martial law , and does not depict it...

who's making these ...

if i had a wild guess .. and its is a guess .. i would say someone in Isreal is attempting to gain sympathy fir the jewish people .. or favor before they bomb the crap outta Iran ( with Irans recent announcements).

Martial law it is not ... i know the Fema camps exist .. but what you probably link to martial law .. (NWO) etc... it will not happen like this .. the majority of people will BEG for the changes .. you just wait and see.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
[. Which seems to be exactly their point, if they have one.

I like the last part of it......

I don't watch MTV....but gotta admit, glad they got away with release of these commericals to people. Even if it enlightened one or two minds it was worth it.....

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Holy predictive programming Batman!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Bring it on. I won't go to any fu@#ing camp without a fight though I might die at least I wouldn't be reeducated.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

I am really shocked at your response! We have been given warning and told to prepare and all you can say is how helpless you are. What of your family? What of the children out there? You may be helpless but there are others out here that care and WILL do something should this start to come to pass. Helpless is a mindset. Research what happened in the Polish Ghetto and how a small group of people with only minimal firearms held off a large group of Nazi's. We are far from helpless. We are free Americans. We are the Government. We decide who makes our rules. If you really feel that helpless perhaps you should catch up on your history. Start with the Declaration of Independence and move up from there.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

And where did I mention anything about the current direction of the nation and/or Obama? I merely stated the objective of the ad campaign.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join