It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO - Space Ship Found On Google Sky?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

So this is my first post around here and I wanted to share a strange "object" I found whilst using Google Sky.

This "object" is completely symmetrical, appears to have a central body, sphere head and wings joined at the rear.

Below are images of this "object"...

Closer Image:

Closer Again:

Using Photoshop I added a simple "Plastic Wrap" filter and also adjusted the lights and darks using the "Curves" feature:

What do you make of this?

The coordinates in Google Sky are:

3:44:27.80, 18:26:34.77

Something else I noticed when modifying the lights and darks around this "object" is another completely symmetrical "object".

The following image shows where the obvious "object" is and I have circled where I see something more once the contrast has been adjusted:

You can see a slight highlight (depending on the brightness of your monitor in the picture below:

And once the contrast has been adjusted the following "object" appears:

These to me are extremely strange (especially the first one) and through many hours spent using Google Sky they are the only symmetrical objects (which actually look like space ships) I have found!

I would love to hear you opinions on this...

[edit on 10-4-2009 by iexplore]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
My standard question: Why do you think that's an space ship? Just wonderin'.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
That's a very odd find .. I'll flag for that because I have no idea what it could be, other than satellite debris, interesting that there's 2 of them. Elongated Thai Fighters on Google Sky
Nice.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
To me this "object" definately stood out from the "normal" things you see in Google Sky.

It appears to be formed completely symmetrically, the rear end of the object is as straight as a dice where'as the front end is circular.

There is an obvious seperation between what appears to be the central body of this "object" and the 2 wings residing on either side (this seperation is also completely symmetrical).

The highlights which are seen on both body and wings appear to be perfectly straight, running from nose to rear and this suggests a flat surface and not a rugged one.

Whether this is a space ship I do not know?!

I suppose I know what it looks like...and wanted to share it with others to get their opinion on it

"Pr0t0" thanks for flagging this
it certainly is odd?!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Just a thought, but . . .

Is there any chance this could be a satellite?

BTW, iexplore, you're seeing a lot of detail (and ascribing functions to those details). What are you basing your conclusions on?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Cool, good find, it looks like a Klingon War Bird / Bird of Prey.

Take a look

Star for you.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Could it be the ISS?

I'm currently trawling images looking for an ISS configuration to match this shape - then again, it all depends on the angle, doesn't it?

EDIT: I'm struggling to find one to illustrate what I mean, but imagine the solar panels aligned so you can't see a couple of them - or folded in. That damned thing can do all kinds of cool stuff.

That's what my money would be on.

Cool find though!

Peace,

MGGG

[edit on 10-4-2009 by machinegun_go_go]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Gawdzilla - I worked as an image retoucher/editor/manipulator for 4 years and the first thing I had to learn in order to manipulate images (having the viewer not know the difference) is how materials and light coincide with one another.

If you have a picture of a house with an empty pool and your job is to fill that pool with water...understanding the angle of the light source and how water effects that light is crucial to end up with an image which looks every bit as real as it would if the pool was filled with water in the first place.

If your light reflections are incorrect to both material and shape then the outcome will always look manipulated.

The "object" and the way the light source reflects off both the body and wings ends up giving it form/shape and with that you can determine the flatness/ruggedness of a material which that light is hitting.

The way the light reflects off the central body suggests that it is cylindrical and sits higher than the wings.

The way the light reflects off the highest point on the wings suggests that they are somewhat shaped as an inverted "v" and sit around mid-way to the body".

Obviously this is only a quick overview (and is only my opinion) but I hope that it makes sense...

If you take in the above and have another look at the following image, the shape and form of the "object" becomes somewhat clearer

who-me? - lol...the similarities are somewhat remarkable

machinegun_go_go - It could well be the ISS?! I know one thing for sure...it's not a rock

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
You're still well in the subjective range. I'd say satellite before alien space ship.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Gawdzilla - I appreciate your opinion and hope that other members will share theirs

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by iexplore

No problem. I go with the least complex possibility first. If the information improves I consider it and review my position.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Other posters have made an interesting connection to science fiction. Maybe authors and conceptual artists were inspired by similar such findings.

Maybe you could explain how this could be a spaceship, like structural features which would enable space travel. Maybe you could track it across time to see whether it moves.

At this point it looks like it could be anything, even a giant alien head.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I would guess ISS too or some other satelite...but I could be wrong.

OP image:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9127fe0ad0a3.gif[/atsimg]

ISS images:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c87955a264b1.jpg[/atsimg]

source: faculty.randolphcollege.edu...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d33918747313.jpg[/atsimg]

source: www.theregister.co.uk...

Comparison? Maybe the solar panels are not being picked up?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/870233f9883a.jpg[/atsimg]

Who knows. But good find !

[edit on 4/10/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The images on Google Sky come from the DSS consortium, which has digitized the images from the Palomar and Schmidt sky surveys. The images were originally made from the late '80's to the late '90's. Here is the original (though compressed) image used by Google Sky.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e04dd26b8d6e776b.gif[/atsimg]
It is apparent that there is a fuzzy ball at that location.

[edit on 4/10/2009 by Phage]

[edit on 4/10/2009 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

its a weather baloon or swamp gas lmao

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think the most interesting thing is that there is two of them. A satellite has more elongated wings because the solar panels have to have a nice spread to power the machine. The shape is all wrong for a satellite unless the connection to the wings was in the center. Even the ISS has a huge wingspan that isn't there in this image. Attached from the rear though? I've never seen a satellite with those specifications. It would be a pretty ineffective design because a panel connection like that would be almost too fragile. A grain of sand hits the array and you would loose the whole solar panel.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/870233f9883a.jpg[/atsimg]

As you can see from the design of the ISS, It has a large wingspan and solar panels everywhere, but notice the placement. The two smaller solar panels which include the more fragile design are dwarfed by the wingspan of the primary panels. If this was a satellite we would see wings. I don't know what it is but I don't think it is a satellite. I would say asteroid if there weren't two of them. Interesting case indeed.

I will say this IF this is an alien ship it would probably one of the first of its kind ever seen here on earth. (I've never seen a UFO like that) If it is I hope they don't take a peek at us. God knows what they would do. This is of course speculation, and I will say it's probably not alien. Dare to imagine though right?

If it is not alien its def swamp gas refracting the light off of Venus reflecting the light off of an asteroid onto a solar panel and then going around the space/time refraction of Jupiter skimming the ring of Saturn which is then concentrated onto a comet and then projected onto the swamp gas we see here. Only possible explanation.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
vcwxvwligen - "Maybe you could explain how this could be a spaceship, like structural features which would enable space travel."

To be honest I have very little knowledge when it comes to physics (especially how those physics apply in space)...I can only speculate when I say that it looks aerodynamic enough for flight and with the dimensions (of both the front and rear) of the object that it could possibly have a very central point of balance?!

King neptune117 - "its a weather baloon or swamp gas lmao"

That's what it is! Why didn't I think of that before posting this? lmao

greeneyedleo - "I would guess ISS too or some other satelite...but I could be wrong"

It could definately be a satellite...there is some resemblance in the 2 pictures you combined apart from the solar panels are missing?!

Phage - Thank you for the background knowledge of the images which make up Google Sky
I was unaware that they were produced between the 80's-90's!

DaMod - "If this was a satellite we would see wings"..."IF this is an alien ship it would probably one of the first of its kind ever seen here on earth. (I've never seen a UFO like that)"

I agree...I will also say that I have never seen a UFO of this shape/kind nor have I an asteroid?!

I'm glad that this "object" is sparking some interest/ideas
...I'm going to go through the close proximity to this "object" later on tonight, playing with the contrast to see if/or how many other symmetrical objects turn up and whether similar objects appear in a totally different area of the sky

Let's keep the ideas rolling...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Could it be a Klingon Bird of Prey?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1545c301e226.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5dacb1184f3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Kryties - "Could it be a Klingon Bird of Prey?"

If Star Trek is "real" then it could well be lol

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
My standard question: Why do you think that's an space ship? Just wonderin'.

Maybe because it looks like a ship and its in space...

Those pesky KLINGONS! My first thought was the romulans, but they would be wise not to cross into federation space...

Originally posted by King neptune117

its a weather baloon or swamp gas lmao

Im gonna have to disagree on that one. Its more likely to be a ballon or a hubcap...

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Vyrtigo]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join