It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN names Jewish judge to lead Gaza war crimes investigation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So, judging by the premise to this thread..

All Jews are Zionists? Stereotyping and generalising an entire race tends to result in ugly consequences.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Gee. As long as the UN makes anti-Israeli claims, they're a great group of people, so wise, fair, and insightful.

They pick a Jewish gentleman to look into ALLEGED war crimes which I personally believe are BS, and now the UN is a group of jerks.

This is hilarious!

Almost as funny as the false charges of war crimes!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

All Jews are Zionists? Stereotyping and generalising an entire race tends to result in ugly consequences.

We're talking about a court case here.

A judge must be impartial and free of bias pertaining to the accused he's presiding over.
Hence no possible social, religious, emotional or other connections or attachments to the accused and his crimes that could influence the outcome of the case.

You can't tell me having a Jewish Judge presiding over an Israeli war crimes investigation doesn't wreak of conflicting interests and potential for a miscarriage of Justice.

The same way have a Muslim Judge preside over the very same investigation, would be discriminatory & biased against the Israeli side.

[edit on 3/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
So, judging by the premise to this thread..

Yeah it's a great way to shut a thread down.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
You can't tell me having a Jewish Judge presiding over an Israeli war crimes investigation doesn't wreak of conflicting interests and potential for a miscarriage of Justice

Why? are all Jews loyal to the policy of Israel? No. Please tell me you honestly do not believe in the "international Jew conspiracy"

Should Catholic Judges be prevented from leading investigations into child abuses by the Catholic Church? Identical logic. Jewish judges were on the Nuremberg trials, all were under strict orders to leave grievances and personal feelings outside the court room.

The Israeli Supreme Court, lead by Jews, has condemned the human rights record of its OWN government. And guess what, they're Jews!

[edit on 3-4-2009 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Why? are all Jews loyal to the policy of Israel? No. Please tell me you honestly do not believe in the "international Jew conspiracy"

Because it doesn't leave room for any chances.
When you're dealing with the prosecution of war crimes, you can't afford to let any bit of personal feeling stand in the way of honest appraisal of evidence.

And stop with the childish inquiries into everyone's stance on Judaism for god's sake.
Am I asking you if hate Palestinians? What is this the Grand Inquisition?

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, no matter how deluded.

Obviously mine are nowhere the stance of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, but I do believe a Jewish Judge leading an Israeli war crimes investigation, doesn't help anyone.

Jewish judges were on the Nuremberg trials, all were under strict orders to leave grievances and personal feelings outside the court room.

That's a bit like telling teenagers not to think about sex.

How exactly does one "order" someone to just not bring up certain emotional attachments during a court case?

That's a big slippery slope, relying on someone to suppress their own emotions.

The Israeli Supreme Court, lead by Jews, has condemned the human rights record of its OWN government. And guess what, they're Jews!

Wow, it must have had a profound effect on them because in the Gazan Offensive only 1,500 civilians died!

What a stunning decrease.

So they condemn them, goodie. Name one example so far of an Israeli being convicted for war crimes. Good luck.

[edit on 3/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I'm Jewish, and I am most certainly against the actions of Israel....
I don't think this should even be a matter of Jews/Zionists what-have-you. It should simply be a matter of international law, and Israel's obvious violation of it.

Thank you for this post, I think that pretty much says what needs to be said without the nefarious and intentional drama that will inevitably arise here.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'd hardly consider the UN an institution "controlled by Zionists", the UN is generally pretty critical of Israel.

Mostly you'll hear actual pro-Israeli people about how biased the UN is against Israel.

Doing some research, it seems to me the UN is sending a political message to Israel, which has refused to participate in the investigation: "Don't try to hide behind accusations of anti-semitism this time, because our chief investigator is Jewish!"

Looking at it that way, I suspect the people who are upset about this probably shouldn't be.

The fact that's he's Jewish doesn't mean he's going to kiss Israel's behind

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

I know that Arabs are Semites, where did I say anything about Arabs.

You might want to do some more research I have posted data before showing the majority of Jews in Israel are not Ashkenazim and out of the Ashkenazim less than half have genetic Turkish ancestry.

Jews having been living in the Mashriq and Maghreb for millenia.

Trying to ignore that fact is just as ignorant as people not knowing that both Jews and Arabs are Semites.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Well, there goes the thread...
It's really quite simple, the OP is saying that this investigation being headed by a Jewish man is a conflict of interest, and indeed it is. There's a reason why your mom can't be the judge at your murder trial, and there's a damned good reason why the latest massacres in Gaza need to be investigated by an independent and unbiased party. As to knowing the difference between Zionists and Jews, I'd say anybody lobbing white phosphorus at civilians in Gaza would deserve an investigation and trial regardless of their affiliations with the globalist agenda. The land in Gaza and West Bank clearly and legally belongs to Pallestinians, why can't Israel just stay out of it? The answer to that question lies in and with the true motives of Zionism.

So should we not have Christians preside over investigations involving other Christians? What about Whites? Blacks? Catholics? Muslims? Can't risk a conflict of interest can we?

That is one of the most rediculous things I have ever heard.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
Because it doesn't leave room for any chances.
When you're dealing with the prosecution of war crimes, you can't afford to let any bit of personal feeling stand in the way of honest appraisal of evidence.

So an international judge, who is trained and educated in war crimes, cannot give an honest mutual assessment because he is Jewish?

Here's a question: Where was the out cry when the UN Human Rights Council allowed an Arab representative to investigate human rights violations in the Gaza Strip by Hamas? Where was your protest?

[edit on 4-4-2009 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

except that being jewish isn`t a race as you put it , but a religion.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Iran has the second largest jewish population outside of israel - we hear constantly how israel offer them money to `come home` - and reply is ` dont insult us , we have rights and we are allready home` and thats the thing here , most people cannot seperate the actions of the zionists in israel , with followers of judaism;

many many jews totally disapprove of the actions in gaza by the extremists in the Knesset but , quite sadly , have and will be tarred by the same brush that say ` damn jews`

you see if frequently on here

so , as infinte has said - he is an experienced and well respected judge - he is damned what ever happeneds because of his religion.

rules against israel? he will be branded anti- semite and thrown out of his faith

rules against the arabs? he will be branded as biased and called every name under the sun.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
My other posts in ATS has a very anti Israel streak, as I'm so galled & enraged at what is happening in Gaza, and the war crimes that Israel is committing there with impunity, and with US complicity.

But, to be fair, there are some good people who are Zionists that are helping the Palestinians through their daily ordeal at the checkpoints. Ensuring they are treated humanely by the Israeli soldiers.
Visit
www.theotherzionists.com...

There are high profiles Jews that are voicing their strong opposition to the genocide that is happening there. People like Noam Chomsky, Sir Gerald Kaufman, the veteran Labour MP, etc.

There are the human rights groups within Israel that are doing their share. Like distributing cameras to the impoverished Palestinians to record the Jewish settlers assaulting the Palestinian farmers and driving them off their land.

Its people like that that you see hope that one day the moderates will prevail.

Richard Goldstone has good credentials in the human rights field. I feel he should be given a chance to proof his good judgement.

Remember, there are many Jews that are equally appalled at what is going on at Gaza.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Here we go down the slippery slope of anti-Semitism.

I will come out and say it since you will call me a Jew hater which is the standard attack used against anyone who criticizes Israel’s criminal enterprise, appointing a Jew to investigate crimes purportedly committed Jews is the stupidest thing I have heard of even though it happens every single day.

This is the reason we have the bernie madoff type scams.

The Arabs will be blamed for everything, they are evil, they wanted to die.
Growing up in Boro park I learned what they are all about.
$100 says the "Investigator" will find a whole lot of "accidents" but nothing more.
Jews are religiously and culturally bound to back each other even if it means harm or loss to a Gentile.

What can you expect from people who claim that they are above all others?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Israel is not a Jewish state. Israel has nothing to do with Judaism, anymore than America has to do with Christianity.

Appointing a Jewish lawyer to investigate the war crimes of the STATE of Israel is fine, so long as there is no conflict of interest -- IE, he's not some pro-Israel activist.

Israel != Judaism

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

In theory you are absolutely correct.

In reality you are not, we all know how this is going to end.
They do not go after their own, the bond that Police Officers share when covering up each others dirt and mistakes is the only thing that comes close to this and even at that its still nothing compared to what they are willing to do for each other.

They are taught from a young age that the rest of the world is beneath them, that they can abuse us and that we are here to work for them, so what do you think they are like by the time the grow up?

Go to the north corner of 47 street and 10th AVE in Brooklyn NY zip 11219 and take a good look at the Yeshiva that stands there because that is my proof that what I say is true, I lived in that building until I was 13 years old, they burned the upper half of that building just to get the families out so that they could turn the whole building into a school.

The lower half of the building which was a Yeshiva was mysteriously untouched by the fire that left us homeless for 2 months.
Of course the Rabbis would stick his head out the Window when it was rebuilt to laugh at my Brother and I as we walked home from nearby Pershing JHS.

They were so bold that they even left the gas canisters at the scene.
The inspector for the FDNY was Jewish as well.

The story we were given is that a drug addict broke in to an empty apartment, got high and started the fire.
They never found the drug addict.

I have no love for those people, I don’t hate them but I don’t trust them or anything they say.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Thanks for showing that people who claim to hate so called "zionists" in fact just hate Jews.

There are tons of Jews all over the world who do not support Israeli action gaza.

The fact that Anti Semites cannot separate the terms Israeli, Jewish, and Zionist just shows how prejudiced and ignorant they are.

When, if ever, will Israel officially accept the fact that Palestinians are also Semites?

Ever? Never? Why are you using a term "anti-Semites" thus claiming that Israelis are only Semites? Arabs are Semites too. Or do they not exist, according you your picture of the reality?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by greshnik

You apparently have no idea what I think or have posted in the past if you believe I dont consider Arabs, including Palestinian Arabs Semitic.

They are Semites. I have never disputed that not once.

I'm calling the Jew haters anti semites, its not directed at any Arabs. Its directed at the people who can't separate Jews, Zionists, and Israelis. All three of those are different and some are radical, liberal or conservative.

People that lump them all together and refuse to look at the facts but just hate Jews for the sake of being Jews are anti Semites.

This has nothing to do with criticism of Israel, Israelis criticize Israel. Anyone can criticize a government, but when people start stereotyping a people then their true prejudices come out of the closet.

[edit on 8/4/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

UN is a trashcan of humanity - zionist organization whitch has lost all my respect over the past years.

Wow, that's a first.... the UN being called a Zionist organization. I sure the Israelis will get a chuckle out of that one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join