It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I propose, since the Fed/Obama is just handing out cash to whoever asks for it anyways we should at least get to live like a rock star for a while.

What happens is, everyone writes a letter to the fed telling them how much money they need to stay "solvent" + a nice bonus since we all deserve it so much. The Fed sends back a promissory note that you can take to your bank for them to deposit in your account

Then we wouldn't have to bail out the automakers or the banks or the real estate people because suddenly everyone would drive a hummer and live in a mansion. I mean if we are going to be in debt might as well be us getting the money right? Who cares if our kid's kids will still be paying for it right we will all be dead. Just think of it... a nation of millionaires.

In case you couldn't tell i'm being sarcastic. I had to deal with a buncha Libs at a protest today.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicademus
I propose, since the Fed/Obama is just handing out cash to whoever asks for it ...

perhaps --- more correctly, it's just the Fed/Treas that is bankrolling the
hole-making-worms in the financial ship-of-state...

the 5 bank perps that issued multi-Trillion$ of toxic assets are being
capitalized & injected with money from all sides (TARP, AIG bailouts passed along to the likes of JPM, GS, etc etc)
by the Fed/Treas alliance...Not by the newly elected Obama administration

Whereas the Obama people (as much as i had negative thoughts of them)
are actually the righteous ones...
Obama's people have drawn-the-line on the likes of the Auto Producers
- even accepting the resignation of the CEO of GM as necessary Axe Weilding event.
(now why the Obama team hasn't done this to the Banks is beyond me)

Here's a process, the Obama administration is busy trying to implement
(Where was Geithner's/Bernanke's input??)
it's reported that the Obama team desires to create:
Corporate Liabilities Underwriters
along with Centralized Knowledge System ... the combined acronym
'CLUCKS'
whose mission/purpose is to 'review' in real-time ALL new securities
submitted to the Markets... (unlike the trillions in CDSs & other toxic paper created with no regulatory body)

[i know a 'Review' is not a legal stoppage, or whatever...
but just having a regulator to oversee the predatory capitalists from roaming freely as was the case in the GW Bush era, should give us hope...]

i read about this piece-of-the-puzzle somewhere on the web, today, Wed the 1st of April.... i don't really know if 'CLUCKS' is a spoof or not...
so investigate

In case you couldn't tell i'm being sarcastic. I had to deal with a buncha Libs at a protest today.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicademus

I have said that from the very begining, dont bail out companies, bail out the little guy and he will funnel the money upwards to those corporations that he feels deserve it and not the govt deciding it.

And why is Obama being such a hardliner when it comes to the automakers and being a wuss when it comes to banks and AIG????

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Since when is the " Treas" not a part of the Obama administration?

I am with the understanding that the Treasury Department, therefore its Secretary, is part of the administration. When did it separate... that is a change that everyone should have been made aware of, if nothing else...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I saw a much better plan in an email I got yesterday.

There are estimated to be about 40 million people over 50 employed in the U.S.

1. Make every one of them retire immediately and give each a one million dollar severance.
- 40 million job vacancies. Unemployment solved.
2. Require each of them to buy a new American made vehicle.
- Immediate sales of 40 million new vehicles: Automaker insolvency solved.
3. Require each of them to pay off their mortgage or buy a new house.
- Housing/real estate crisis solved.
4. Require each of them to buy at least $10,000 worth of stock.
- Stock market crisis solved.

And it only costs $40 milliion dollars!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Where do I sign up?

I could make use of such a stimulus...big time.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Everyone knows how much money has been handed out and the debt that we will never be able to pay back.

The idea of giving everyone who is 18 and older, legal citizen $1,000,000.00 has been brought up during these crises........

So everyone can do the math........Take the population of the US that fits this catagory and give the money.

It would be a lot less than what has been given to the elite and do you think it would have stimulated the economy??

O' I forgot...........The Gov knows whats best for us......shame on me

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
40,000,000 times 1,000,000 IS NOT $40,000,000...that is kind of a serious flaw in the plan presented from the email in this thread...methinks perhaps the money would be better spent on education LOL

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike

1. Make every one of them retire immediately and give each a one million dollar severance.

40,000,000 x $1,000,000= $40,000,000,000,000 What is that- 40 trillion?

Sheesh. And if you hand out $1,000,000 to that 40 million people, what do you think happens to the cost of goods and services? They go way up. Flushing the value of the dollar down the toilet.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by moonwilson]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think you said it better than i did Moonwilson...that post actually made me join instead of lurking as i have for years.The math error was just driving me CRAZY and i had to say something.So i joined...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fredtheman

You're right. That's one of those "if I have 2 coins which equal 30 cents and one of them is not a nickel, what do I have?" kinda deals, isn't it?

If we gave 40 million people one dollar, that would be 40 million dollars.
Sheesh.
How did I miss that? Now I feel like an idiot!

So.. 40 million x 1 million = 40 trillion? I think.

(That's way too many zeros to deal with and my calculator won't go that high!)

Hmm. I guess that doesn't sound like such a great plan any more.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hey dont worry it happens to the best of us.Besides it made me get off of my butt and post finally.So hopefully some good came of it

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonwilson

Originally posted by Heike

40,000,000 x $1,000,000= $40,000,000,000,000 What is that- 40 trillion?

Sheesh. And if you hand out $1,000,000 to that 40 million people, what do you think happens to the cost of goods and services? They go way up. Flushing the value of the dollar down the toilet.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by moonwilson]

Uh, are you saying that the dollar has value now?????

Its backed by nothing except the good faith of the USA...

new topics

top topics

join