It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. private sector axes 742,000 jobs in March

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

U.S. private sector axes 742,000 jobs in March

www.reuters.com

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Job losses in the U.S. private sector accelerated in March, more than economists' expectations, according to a report by ADP Employer Services on Wednesday.

Private employers cut jobs by a record 742,000 in March versus a 706,000 revised cut in February that was originally reported at 697,000 jobs, said ADP, which has been carrying out the survey since 2001.

The big drop foreshadows a huge decline in the non-farm payroll reading in the government's employment report that will be released on Friday, some analysts said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well, here we go. Three quarters of a million jobs were lost in March after president moron told us that the economy is not as bad as all of us in the real world know it is.

Things are really bad here in eastern Pennsylvania. I've been laid off since July and everybody in my family is laid off except one aunt and one uncle. The job market is absolutely horrible. It's so strange to walk outside at mid day during the week and see the street lined with parked cars because nobody has a job anymore. But worry not; at least we have a black president.

www.reuters.com

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
And the markets are up! This is so retarded. The markets are in fairy tales land. Seriously. PPT is working hard and people are high on crack.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
We must be getting so conditioned to hearing these numbers that it makes me sick. The number of people who lost their jobs last month alone is greater than the population of the city of Baltimore. For peets sake people wake up (not you guys and girls). This is mind blowing, and the MSM just reads the number and don't react. A whole city's population out of work in one month.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
good good , the more the jobs americans lose ,the faster the collapse/civil war of USA and then NWO,IMF and we indians,chinese and russians can gorge and loot USA of its wealth and become wealthy yourselves

time to dismantle USA

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

important. star and flag OP.

and really sorry to read about the situation in your state.
but it is going down worldwide now. all we can do is to take care of each other. and fxxx the banksters of course

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
good good , the more the jobs americans lose ,the faster the collapse/civil war of USA and then NWO,IMF and we indians,chinese and russians can gorge and loot USA of its wealth and become wealthy yourselves

time to dismantle USA

Sorry but your name suits you if that is the way you really think then you truly are a sad child. You should remember that the average American citizen does not feel the same as the blood thirsty elite that are truly running the wars. I don't know where you are from but I hold no malice toward you or your people.
Seems like a very sad way to go about living .

[edit on 4/1/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Star and flag, nice find, although I'm sure it will be huge news soon enough.

Things are getting progressively worse, and the America of today is not a nation that will deal well with this kind of recession.

Time to build that panic room.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Things are really bad here in eastern Pennsylvania. I've been laid off since July and everybody in my family is laid off except one aunt and one uncle. The job market is absolutely horrible. It's so strange to walk outside at mid day during the week and see the street lined with parked cars because nobody has a job anymore. But worry not; at least we have a black president.

I'm sure that you find it convienient to blame Obama but if you would do some reasearch and not just rely on your political dogma, you would see that the seeds of this economy were planted by the neocon administration and the GOP leaders in both houses with their deregulation of wall street.

The reason people are losing their jobs is because of this......

wiki.answers.com...
www.reason.com...

The neocons planted the seeds and we will be reaping bitter fruit for decades. As they say....follow the money.....who profited?

[edit on 1-4-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

Come Get Some...

You think we'll go down without a fight? Maybe the suburbanite wussies will, but I can assure you, the Urban folks and Rural folks, gangstas and hillbillies, will take a few million Chinese, Indians, and Russians with us. Don't Tread On Me

[edit on 1-4-2009 by traderjack]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
If the markets where real free market it would be zero now, it is all a con. Why do people bet in a fixed race.

Bizarre how many in wall street are supposed to be the best in usa, but they cannot work that out.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack
reply to post by sadchild01

Come Get Some...

You think we'll go down without a fight? Maybe the suburbanite wussies will, but I can assure you, the Urban folks and Rural folks, gangstas and hillbillies, will take a few million Chinese, Indians, and Russians with us. Don't Tread On Me

resistance is futile

don't worry NWO will utilise chemical weapons like nerve gas and VX to deal with resistance forces . it will be pure genocide

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

would do some reasearch and not just rely on your political dogma, you would see that the seeds of this economy were planted by the neocon administration and the GOP leaders in both houses with their deregulation of wall street.

You talking about the deregulation that the Dems went along with.

Deregulation was not the problem. Even with deregulation, businesses still have regulations and laws that they must abide by.

The simple problem was NO OVERSIGHT. However, I am one of those that believe that the politicians were keenly aware of the shenanigans going on and turned a blind eye for their own economic and political prosperity. That is the reason I believe that there was little to no oversight.

Should we really believe that politicians were unaware that people were buying houses they couldn't afford or that they were unaware of the impending Fannie May train wreck?

The blame for the majority of these job losses lead to the doorsteps of Congress and their incompetent legislation.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by jam321]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well said! No wonder I enjoy reading your posts!
Thank you always for your 'quality' input!

Apparently the big bankster bailout isn't a big enough clue yet!
We elect these people and then put up with their shenanigans!

Takes two sides constantly infighting with their personal agendas
to ruin something this good, and make it turn out so bad for so many!
Star and Flagged!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Well, here we go. Three quarters of a million jobs were lost in March after president moron told us that the economy is not as bad as all of us in the real world know it is.

www.reuters.com

I'm not saying that it isn't bad. I know that it is. I hear it from friends and family. However, what I am seeing here at my place of employment is bizarre and is confusing me a bit. Don't ask where I work because I am NOT going to divulge that much personal information. However, we are struggling to find people. We need quite a few. Sure, some of them have to have engineering degrees and such but what I am seeing is that many people have left this state. They call it an aging state because the majority that is left are above 50. The youth is pretty much heading to the coasts (or have been) where all of the big money used to be. That has left a kind of vacuum. Right now we can't even find a person to do work for us at $12 an hour. Not anything special either. The only requirement is intelligence. It's just weird.

I give all that are experiencing these tough times my sincerest wishes for any kind of employment to help you through the rough times. It's not looking like it will get better before it gets worse. We haven't seen the bottom yet I'm afraid.

Good luck to you all.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Should we really believe that politicians were unaware that people were buying houses they couldn't afford or that they were unaware of the impending Fannie May train wreck?
reply to post by jam321

Sounds like the peeps had a tiny bit to do with it too then right?
AND it takes at least two to tango properly, correct?
When do you suppose we will take responsibility for some of the(entire worlds)financial crisis with our reckless spending and 1% savings rate?
Apparently the guvmint can't balance a flippin' checkbook either!

P.S. We need to start sending out some calculators instead of stimulus checks!

P.S.S Just got called in to work ironically, gotta go...back tonight

[edit on 1-4-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I learned today that one of our job finding services, that supports 3 different counties in my area, called Extra Help Services, has closed it's doors..Now THATS when you know the economy is tanking..even they can't find jobs..

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

When do you suppose we will take responsibility for some of the(entire worlds)financial crisis with our reckless spending and 1% savings rate?

Are you serious? Our government has never taken responsibility for its wacky finance system. you know it really irks me that a lot of good hard working Americans are out of work and struggling to make ends meet because of governments stupidity.

You would think that a bunch of educated men and women would come up with a better plan than spend spend spend.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
hmmm, worse than expected huh? Interesting how the markets are up today following this bad news. It's all one big game.

With job losses accelerating, just wait until gas and energy prices go up. I feel sorry for all the New Yorkers. New Yorkers and Californians will be hit the hardest. Just wait until this summer.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
oh but he has only been in office for 3 months give him some time . He has a plan to cut unemployment in half by the end of this year its just that he has to double it first!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join