It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond shaped ufo.. recent release

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hard to see exactly what is being shown on this video but when watched in the context of the guys other videos, it is really strange. He has some interesting stuff; especially if what he says regarding black helicopters and black SUV's outside his house constantly for 2 years is true.

I think he wrote on one of his vids that he has filmed 50 - 70 hours worth of these helicopters flying around his home.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Looks like he is on a high mountain ridge shooting down into a pitch black road.

Enter Tow-truck without it's headlights on, then Boom, highbeams, the the camera is oddly fumbled arould helf upside down, and he continues to film this "tow-truck" from his high Vantage point.

Ordinary ground at night or especially the black ocean make for great (black sky backgrounds) to take shots of ufo's if you can get a good high vantage point to shoot from.

I'm not saying this is definitely a tow truck,I am saying it could be just about anything. As much as you can imagine

But why no sound at all? No Narrative for this one? That leads me to believe the object would give it's identity away IF the sound were on.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

That's an interesting film. If possible it would be nice for the video owner to extract frames (there's a nice tutorial with a free program here) from the original video and then increase the gamma of the images. It may be possible to see the geometry of the object more clearly. It doesn't look like a chopper, but what it is may be revealed by its geometry, and the subtle contrasts will be lost when reencoded for display in a flash viewer - so getting the frames from the original matters.

Regarding the activity over his area, if it came out of the blue it's possible that it's an ill-used military flight path. I recently had a bout of being woken up by chinooks at 2 in the morning, but I don't think they were trying to intimidate me. Bloody annoying though.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

Thank you so much, actually I was just talking to him about that. He was wanting a conversion program that won't watermark his videos. Hopefully this program will do the trick. thanks for the link jack.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

He can't do that with VLC, it's mostly playback only. The easiest way to do that would be to insert some kind of text across the very bottom with basic video editing software like Windows Movie Maker, or other free video editing tool. I don't know enough about free video editing tools to say which is best
. This will work somewhat because it's reencoded once from the video (with the text), reencoded/added by Youtube, so anyone ripping-off the video for commercial gain would have to crop or blur the text and then reencode again rendering the video less usable for commercial purposes. He's really most liable to being ripped off if he releases the raw video, which is a real shame for obvious reasons.

Many encryption based digital watermarking programs don't work if the watermarked video is uploaded to YouTube or other service because they're reencoded often wiping out the signatures.

While I think the video is interesting, he'd be most credible I'd recommend he upload the source video, sound track intact (what noise did it make? etc.), to a file hosting service. I can understand why they wouldn't want to do that given the way UFO videos are often recycled without credit, or even turn up on DVDs people charge money for. But if he wants answers, outside of submitting the video privately to an established UFO society, making raw video available is the best way to go. As such it's interesting but I don't have a hard opinion of what it is because there's not enough information in the video.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
~>Wishing to join the fan base, I am reluctant. I will say it is a well constructed tube. What holds me back is the dynamics of the craft, its movement, pretty plain, lights are def. man made, It was not a craft that looked alien nor moved alien, nor looked out of place, doubt it was reversed engineered human via alien tech either. No stars in the sky either just black background and lights. Not to mention just 3 mins a 20 secs. It was entertaining, and yes I have no idea what it is, except I am pretty sure its not alien.

Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hello people...I decided to come back to post some info on this situation.

Number 1-This object had no sound on its first run through when it spotlighted my friend and I. Personally, I can't tell whether its extra-terrestrial or not. I've seen enough real one's to make me believe that this craft was military, although I can tell you, it was NOT a conventional aircraft.

Number 2-I will re-post this video with the sound intact, however, because there was sooooooooooo much criticism of my last video with the commentary/music and everyone talking at once, I will edit out some of our comments because, quite frankly, it gets old being criticized and made fun of for nothing more than filming something which could be viewed as "out of the ordinary."

Number 3-This video will be re-posted as a second video to the first, so, in essence there will be two videos on my youtube account for this one vid. I don't know how to re-add the sound that I took out from the first one, and trying to figure that out will take more time than I actually have. I am not computer savvy, I can do basic tasks, and right now I'm trying to find a conversion program that does not leave watermarks.

Number 4-someone suggested that this was done by CGI...that almost makes me laugh, because I can barely post videos without tons of problems and having to use several programs to make it happen.

Number 5-Currently, because I am in college, I don't have tons of money to work with. I wish that I could provide you a higher definition picture, but, these videos were taken off of a sony handicam that took 8 inch tapes (hi-8). That camera is now defunct, so in order to access much of my archived footage, I will need to buy another one that can transfer the 8 inch tapes to DVD off of my burner. I do have more footage that is already on DVD and I will post more.

Number 6-There will be those of you who will, and have already questioned why I have so much footage. The only answer that I can give you is this...If you are a real researcher, you will know that many contactees have multiple experiences and many abductees claim to be abducted repeatedly (to my knowledge, I have never been abducted). I have always approached this in a spiritual manner and have had many experiences that cross the lines between reality and the paranormal that have absolutely nothing to do with extra-terrestrials. It's possible that all of these things are connected, but, before I ever saw an extra-terrestrial, or a classified govt. craft, I had many experiences with the ethereal world. Some people are more prone to it, or sensitive to those vibes. However, I do not believe that this is anything special, and that ALL HUMANS CONTAIN THIS ABILITY, however, I actively try to hone in on this stuff by meditation. I have dedicated myself to learn about myself and my connection to nature...and I believe that this is the key. Native Americans have been doing this far before Europeans ever took this country and many indigenous people to 3rd world countries and tribes have experienced this very phenomenon in several different aspects. Here's a little primer, I am part American Indian (Black Foot tribe), African American, British and Irish. The ethnicity lies on my mother's side, and my father was born in England. I learned about much of my spirituality from my mother and then chose to hone it by meditating close to 3 hours per day. Now that I'm in school, those hours have dropped, but, I practice it for at least an hour before I go to bed.
Although I have not seen anything in close to 2 years...more like a year and a half, most of my "contact" still continues within my dream states. Take this statement how you choose. I'm no longer here to convince anyone, but to answer questions for those who are genuinely interested. I will state that I believe my methods to be sound and have produced unexpected results.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just as a small note, here's an interesting frame of the video the OP posted which suggests a different kind of shape altogether:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/a7ad2f8871eee1a4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mike73173

Thanks for coming Mike! I am really anxious to see some of the other video as well. Hopefully we can get you sorted with a good program for conversion soon.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2ccf1567fc5.jpg[/atsimg]

I got quite a few somewhat reasonable stills of the lighting configuration by using keepvid, downloading the high quality version, and dumping some frames. My first thoughts, other than "that's interesting", were some kind of helicopter with a somewhat wide base and configurable lights like the CH-53 (which IIRC) has a quite a few (over 10), plus beams, and nightvision aids.

I'm taking his word for it that there was no helicopter sound, and don't yet have an opinion. Despite the video's stated stance towards sceptics in the description, I don't like to think people are lying, so I'm not going to form an opinion based on the YouTube video
, other than interesting.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

The most interesting shot I've located was captured as the object overflew Mike, when the two "mist-lights" activate, and then a second later as the strobe activates (00;23;01) we get this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f14edbac271a.png[/atsimg]
(original frame)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3baf007930be.jpg[/atsimg]
(bi-linearly scaled)

It may be an optical illusion, but it looks like there are two cylindrical pill-shaped structures under the ship (you can see the highlighted curvature on the top). Furthermore the flash seems to provide a sense of depth. Notice the appendages (hanging off the sides or the undercarriage - I can't tell?) partially occult the strobe.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7ccc2af6829.png[/atsimg]
(original frame /w outline)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/395778365ebc.jpg[/atsimg]
(scaled frame /w outline)

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Good video and well worth investigation.

Any assumptions people are making here are just that.

Why is it no one believes the person who is explaining as best he can? It seems we convict first and investigate second. When did this get so popular?

I know we have all been burned by hoaxers, but to then disbelieve everyone because first, you do not believe, and second, you need more evidence is not very intelligent. We are looking at this phenomena with open minds, but not so closed our brains are asphyxiated to dumbness.

We the people decided someone is innocent until PROVEN guilty. How do each of you want to be treated if you have something unexplainable happens to you and you must tell others? Like hoaxers? How rude!

Mike told us the conditions he experienced and is being honest in my opinion. The video needs to be seen in its full original format by trained people, but not to disprove it. To find out more about the phenomena.

I for one (and there are other sharp people here that would likely agree) want to thank him for posting this to YouTube. I know it is risky because we cant do any video forensics, but he obviously feels strongly about this and is doing his best to tell us the truth. S&F for the post, and star for Mikes addition.

Mike, Keep the sound on, but describe what you are seeing in detail and ask others around you to describe it too if possible on tape. Sometimes you can forget little details. Describing it as narration with time and location is a good idea, especially for helping you get this corroborated by others in the area, radar track, other videos in the area also. Keep the camera time and date calibrated also. The information that goes into the file is very valuable to showing the reality of these sightings.

Good video, and thanks for the thread NephraTari

ZG

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Mike, Is it possible to do some full resolution frame grabs with your desktop software? If so, the areas of interest Xtraeme is looking at would be good.

When the lights do not over-brighten the frame would be best. Get a few and post them somewhere. We can do some tests to see if the structure is reflecting ambient or other lights. We can do other things too.

Xtraeme seems to be on a good track. I'm willing to have a crack at it too. Just need something not corrupted by codex and format switching.

Tiff or PNG is good. No compression or color correction.

Thanks again.

ZG

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by s0ndernet

There is an existing thread with a UFO of this exact shape that was filmed over China i believe. (Chaotianmen Square, China)

One of the original photos:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7702ea906a70.jpg[/atsimg]

Thoughts?

To me it looks just like the craft being discussed in this thread.
Specifically the first portion of the footage where the arrangement of shape and light is most similar.

I think you're misinterpreting the orientation of the video camera to the craft. The craft is flying towards the video-camera not vertically up and down during the first segment of the video.

We were looking west when we noticed this craft that didn't have the standard nose that an airplane has. ... It flew over my friend and I, and once it got directly over us, it spotlights us as if it knew full well that we were down there filming. (source)

When you see this particular configuration:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54bc5808f4b5.jpg[/atsimg]

What you're really seeing is the craft flying over Mike. So you're looking at its bottom not its side (as is seen in the Chinese photo).

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by s0ndernet

About this Chinese UFO. This is a lens flare. The lasers in the background also are adding to the effect.

An easy way to tell is if you draw a line at 90 degrees to the horizon from the bright source it will intersect perfectly. It will do this in all the other shots too. The camera person did not hold the camera level, making this hard to see if you do not know this effect. They or other people did not see this, as it was in the lens and camera only.

This does not discount however the good video Mike did. I think it's genuine and want to do some work on some stills from the original frames.

ZG

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Thank you Mike, for your research & input.

I am glad to know that there are those like yourself who are willing to go out & get involved.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Thank you for the help with the conversion program. The guy was really nice and took the time to make all the necessary arrangements. Much appreciation to you and him.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

I can try, but I'll be honest...I'm not very computer savvy.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Sondernet is correct. The craft flew over me, that is the craft's undercarriage.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Hey Mike can you post a drawing of what you remember this things looking like? It would help

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join