It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Criss Angel really Manipulate energy/matter?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
First off hello, this is my first thread created on ATS. I am more of a 'lurker' then a poster anyways.

I don't consider myself much of a fan of Criss Angel anymore, though I have always wondered (like most others) if Criss Angel can use 'real' magic. I know some of his tricks/illusions are explainable, but others do not have such simple explanations. Like in this video for example;

www.youtube.com...

He selects the card amongst others lying face down that a woman in the crowd selected without his knowledge. He then appears to use telekinesis to flip, as well as levitate the card without touching it.

I don't think he used a string in this trick, because he ends up handing the card to the woman at the end of the trick anyways. Also watching the video would probably make that clear for yourself.

It makes me wonder if it is possible for people to create what seems like a gravitational "bubble" around an object to levitate it, much like UFO's levitate or float within their own gravitational bubble due to a current of electrons.

Does anyone else think it is possible to manipulate matter/energy with our minds? I think it may be possible, there's much to learn about the human brain and its capabilities.

My final thoughts on Criss Angel are; if he really can do what he claims to do (manipulate matter and energy, as well as posses psychic abilities etc) then I don't think he would be all over TV, he would probably be working for TPTB or silenced (most likely to hide the true nature of reality from the public). I also don't think he would use his "gifts" for financial gain and to deceive masses of people whilst keeping the secrets to himself. But who knows, maybe assholes can posses super natural powers too.

Your thoughts?

edit: grammar

[edit on 27-3-2009 by aeroslag]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
He does use string darl, i hate to tell you. Go back to you tube and type in Criss Angel Card Levitation Revealed, and you'll get about 10 videos showing you how to do it at home. He is a great ILLUSIONIST. Not a magician.

Cherry

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryDuck

Yes, I suppose he is a great deceiver/entertainer. I still wonder though if it is possible to do the things he claims to do. I'm certain telekinesis is real though, by those who actually can do it, not pretend and make millions.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
kk there is no such thing as magic as in making stuff levitate by controlling energy it has and will always be illusion and slight of hand. The magicians code has kept this up magic is about entertainment and making people happy so stop poking your noses around and ruining everyones fun. I have never heard of a magician hurting anyone but themselves.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndreDC
The magicians code has kept this up magic is about entertainment and making people happy so stop poking your noses around and ruining everyones fun.

The people who are deceived by "Magicians" are not likely to be on ATS posting in the paranormal studies forum. Those who like to question and think outside of the box will not see this as ruining anyone's fun.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryDuck

great illusionist?

he can't even perform his tricks in front of a live audience . . .

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by aeroslag

He is an illusionist. It is not magic, it is illusion. Nothing more.
Second line.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'd say it's a magic trick. He is a magician after all. The technical term for a magician is a prestadigitator, meaning light of hand. Looks like his skill level has slighted a lot of people.

It's would take chris angel a lot longer than the time he's been on earth to even learn to manipulate energy in a physical form. Even shaolin monks who have exceptional chi manipulating abilities don't get that good until they are at least in their late 30's and they've been practicing since they were a kid, and even they can't do much without direct contact with another object as far as transferring energy goes. ANd they are masters of energy manipulation using the human body.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Criss Angel is 39 years old, so hes in his late 30s. He has also been practicing since he was a child, though I agree with you saying he is just a magician. I don't think he is spiritual at all, if he were he would be enlightening people rather than making money off of them.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
he looks younger. but you're right thats his age. But I agree with you 100%

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by aeroslag

The people who are deceived by "Magicians" are not likely to be on ATS posting in the paranormal studies forum. Those who like to question and think outside of the box will not see this as ruining anyone's fun.

I have to poke a hole in this statement. You are here asking if he is real. Apparently you have been deceived. And you are in the ATS forum asking about it.

I am an illusionist myself. He does use camera angles, planted "strangers" and many other tricks to pull off his illusions. The card flip trick is easy in front of a paid audience. And quite frankly most of the performing community look down on him for such shenanigans. He presents himself as some sort of uber magi but in all honesty he is just another hack with a bad haircut.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I like to watch him for him for entertainment value...he's cool and what I enjoy is that he's making magic "interesting" again for a younger generation,he's great with the kids and they seem to really idolize him.

I know someone who helps design his illusions: he is an excellent showman,period.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hello, I dont really know that much about him nor have I watched the show that much but I did see 2 episodes, one where he pushed over this huge palm tree, he ripped the roots right out of the ground.And the other one where he floated through the air from on top of one building to a different building. That amazed me but I dont think it was magic, I dont know how he did it but it was pretty cool.It kept me entertained anyway.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
He's a good showman as someone said. The TV show was entertaining at least. I stopped watching after he made a Lamborghini disappear in one episode. It was embarrassingly bad and I just couldn't watch it anymore after that.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombiemann

I am an illusionist myself. He does use camera angles, planted "strangers" and many other tricks to pull off his illusions. The card flip trick is easy in front of a paid audience. And quite frankly most of the performing community look down on him for such shenanigans. He presents himself as some sort of uber magi but in all honesty he is just another hack with a bad haircut.

It's the same concept with bands. Other bands and people always pull the "sell out" card whenever someone else is extremely successful at something. I think he is a great entertainer and he is getting paid a lot. That's why I figure all other illusionist look down on him, because he is doing what they wish they were, making a living doing what they love.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I dont think he is magic, but I did see him make an elephant dissapear in a parking lot and that kinda freaked me out, I still can't imagine how it was done. Magic or no, he is a master his craft and a millionaire because of it.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Smoke and mirrors and deflection.

2nd line

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by aeroslag

Yes and no.

He can poop in a toilet, so yeah, that would qualify as manipulating energy/matter.

However, he cannot do anything that would be considered magic in realm of manipulating energy/matter.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
There is no such thing as magic. There is only the illusion of magic.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zombiemann

So, YOU have all the answers, huh? Let's see, can YOU levitate and teleport? Can YOU do what he does? if not, and you cannot tell us HOW he uses props that NEVER have been seen or proven you are just wasting effort and time in replying.

Theree is not one SHRED of proof that Criss Angel got rich by editing video or apying off liars...no way.

Unless someone can DUPLICATE his events exactly as he does them, with NO PROPS seen or in evidence, then you lose the argument.

it is sooooo easy to sit back and assume, but proving it is another matter altogether...tell us HOW he manages to be the ONLY person on earth that can do what he does....tell us please...tell us WHY no one else, no other ' illusionaist ' or entertainer, wants to get rich doeing the same thing....heck, if all it takes is paying people to deceive with video, why isn't a crowd of people doing it? why allow Criss to make all the money?

It is because NO ONE ELSE can do what he does, as he does it...simple...disprove that...you cannot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join