It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil president blames white people for crisis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Brazil president blames white people for crisis

www.ft.com

Brazil’s President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva on Thursday blamed the global economic crisis on “white people with blue eyes” and said it was wrong that black and indigenous people should pay for white people’s mistakes.

Speaking in Brasília at a joint press conference with Gordon Brown, the UK prime minister, Mr Lula da Silva told reporters: “This crisis was caused by the irrational behaviour of white people with blue eyes, who before the crisis appeared to know everything and now demonstrate that they know nothing.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I wonder how someone this undereducated got elected into office down there?

Blatant statements with absolutly no evidence to back it up only makes him look even worse.

It is very sad that everything today comes down to race instead of intelligence.

I am sorry if this was posted already i did a search and didnt come up with a match for the title. I just think this story is completely ridiculous.

www.ft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Wow.

Congratulations on saying something just as ignorant and uneducated as the Brazilian president.

Mod Edit: Removed an actioned quote.

[edit on 3/27/2009 by seagull]

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by Swatman

Wow.

Congratulations on saying something just as ignorant and uneducated as the Brazilian president.

He might have been off base somewhat, and Politically incorrect, but the fact remains that the most vocal racists who speak of "Oppression", and the "White Devil", are typically they themselves recipients of Employment, Benefits, and Government funded Aide courtesy of "White People".

Oh, and yes, by-in-large Latin America is far more racist than what many encounter within the United States. They not only have Skin Color prejudice in Latin America, but many nations also judge you on what SHADE of what color your skin is.

[edit on 3-26-2009 by TheAgentNineteen]

Mod Edit: Removed an actioned quote.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
[“white people with blue eyes”]

Oh no... They're onto me!!!

*evil chuckle*

[edit on 26-3-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
You forgot that indigenous people and black people existed long before the white come into their lands and force them to live their ways and douctrines.I understand what Lula mean so as you should.
I'm a white myself and i don't feel attacked.
Maybe it's because my eyes are brown

Mod Edit: Removed an actioned post quote.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The Brazilian President is just telling it like it is, he just neglected to mention the white people that are in the same boat as the other races.... People comment on my my Viking appearance all the time, and I can see where the guy is coming from, it appears the same way to me.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Do racist people get elected in brazil?
Cause this prez is a nasty racist.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HolydarknessVA

"Lula" overlooks the fact that although he is the first indigenous leader in Latin America, he is in fact caucasian.

I doubt he has blue eyes, but eye color is a different story - related to dominant and repressed genes more than race.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
"Equencu Ocha!" -White Devil
hahahahahaha
Its always the easy route to blame ole whitey.
We are the biggest cop-Out to ever hit this planet.
Wonder why that is?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I happen to know for a FACT that a lot of the people responsible for the financial mess also have green and brown eyes. lol

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
And you wonder why Nazi groups still exist!

Love to see this guy say that sort of thing in Moscow!

There's no doubt alot of people are to blame for this dire economic situation we are in, but to say white people with blue eyes are at fault, thats just wrong!

Tsom87

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Yes,
We white people get together on secret days to talk about our secret plans to screw up so badly that everyone is at risk of losing their jobs.
We're all in on it. Every single one of us.

We're just so tired of the stereotype of having money, that we wanted to prove to everyone just how incompetent we can be when needed.

It's a conspiracy.

lol.

Come on... really?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I think he forgot to mention blond hair.

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
reply to post by HolydarknessVA

MORON.

Am I to assume you are talking about the Brazilian president or are you being like him and blaming others for your own short comings?

As for the Brazilian poo dispenser, well he is just spewing more of the same garbage we have heard for years. It is always someone else’s fault. Normally the white guys.

Raist

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It's a solid place to put blame. What with the supposed elite who control the world being mostly(totally?) white and all.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
It's a solid place to put blame. What with the supposed elite who control the world being mostly(totally?) white and all.

Then one should blame the “elite whites” and not ALL whites.

That would be like if things really take a crap in our laps blaming ALL blacks for something Obama did to cause it.

I for one have done nothing to cause this whole mess. No reasoning for the Brazilian poo dispenser to blame all of us. Maybe he is tense or something and sexually frustrated. Maybe he is constipated and has a grumbly tummy, none of which I should be blamed for either.

Raist

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
That's just great the whole world's going broke, and of coures it's the fault of the "White People" and the ones with blue eyes at that, Unbelievable !

And what is his reasoning ? He says it's gotta be our fault because he "doesn't know any black, or indigenous bankers ". How's that for a legitimate reason ?!

I'd really like to know, is there anything that we are not responsible for ? Whenever anything goes wrong, blame the white people, it's their fault.

From what i know the people that made this mess all walked away with golden parachutes in the millions. So i guess since i'm white with blue eyes, somebody owes me some of that money, and i sure could use it to catch up on my rent and bills that i'm behind on because i can't find a job in this crappy economy.

I mean really does he think we're all a bunch of billionaires that do nothing but sit around thinking up new ways to screw the world.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join