It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frequencies---do you hear them too?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I have been hearing tones and frequencies from time to time ever since I was around eight years of age.

They mostly happen when I'm laying down and trying to fall asleep, but they have been known to surface from time to time during the day.

The never last very long, and they usually begin with a higher pitch that maintains it's tone for some time, and then it will gradually lower in pitch before disappearing.

The tones always remind me of the hearing tests they gave in elementary schools where I lived as a youth, and then later - the hearing tests I was given when I was being tested for the National Guard.

I've always been told after taking those tests that I have unusually sensitive hearing.

So in short - you're not alone on this one.

*edit because we all know by now that spelling and I just don't get along.

[edit on 3/26/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I hear the noise and see the dots 24/7 and had this since birth. I have no idea how total silence sounds like or how total darkness looks like, I can only imagine.
Both my sister and my daughter have the same thing, since birth.
I've been tested, turned inside out by docters, they say the sounds is tennitis and the dots or specs or visual noise is some sort of persistent migraine (right :p)

As for the specs, I'll be looking in those other posts about it later since those interest me even more then the noise.
May I point out that there are many different kind of visual effects people see:
the first is the entopic phenomena, the bloodvessels in the eye that become visible when you look at a bright sky or light. Or the floaters, the hardening of the eye fluids...

Then there is an other kind that science can NOT explain and that is the kind I have, It is mostly known under the term 'visual snow', as the snow you see on a badly tuned tv. Do a google search, at the moment there is only one good forum on the internet about it, but unfortunately there are only freaked out people there who fear they will go blind.

The second type moves on the same frequency as the tennitis, as if the dots are dancing on the sound.

sorry if this is adressed elsewhere, just thought it was worth mentioning

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hey you got to make the best of it, I found the antidote to my own "frequency" problem

[edit on 28-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I remember it being more of a night time thing hearing the sound of silence so to speak back in the 70's.
Radio station signals and the communications via morse code.
No im not that old.39 tomorrow.

But these days its no longer just a night time experience,even with the noise of daytime there is the sound of differing frequencies that I can hear.
No it is not the result of over using a personal stereo.Yes we had them back then aswell.

What and how much of what is banding(No pun intended) around,I feel is not safe and will in the future be looked back upon with a what the hell were we thinking.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Here's a site with a frequency range test on it if your interested in wanting to know the frequency of what your hearing. Like phage said, tinnitus does effect your hearing - i have it from yrs on a jack hammer & dj'ing but i suspect your on about something else, like the sudden hearing of very low volume high frequency noises.
I also get this when its very quiet etc but put it down to certain electrical equiptment thats on in the background doing stuff.

www.phys.unsw.edu.au...

[edit on 28/3/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Seriously we are all affected by satellites and vibrational electrical energy and lets admid it the net also emits weird energy.

It seems that not all the population is conscious of the effects, like a dog that hears a frequency(high pitch sounds) in a whistle that will make him react.

I have been able to turn this off as I am falling asleep, yawning is of great help. Also the binaural musik I posted, is a good tool in learning to relax, it is said to repair dna damage, to transmute the noise pollution we are subjected to 24/7, it is about adapting and surviving and loving. There are sentient beings here that need to take control of their vibes and personal power, breath deeply and hard! Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I hear the high pitched squeal constantly (like right now while I"m typing). I have moved my electronics (we have LOTS) and unplugged loads of stuff. Then, one day early this week, the power went off. Immediately I listen......I can still hear it!! I have no idea what it is, but it's omni-present and very annoying.

Thanks, Hula, for the links. I'll be trying them soon.

Looking forward to more input here.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I can "hear" when a TV is on (no sound), but i never thought anything of it.
But one thing I want to ask is does anyone hear the sound of silence?
I hear it when there is nothing to hear. It's not Tinnitus (I've heard it for as long as I can remember). It's a higher-pitched sound, but it's not grating or irritating.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
When I was a kid, up to about age 12, my hearing was literally in the ultrasonic range — I could hear ultrasonic motion detectors and burglar alarms, for instance, which are designed to function beyond the range of human hearing.

Now, understand, I grew up on a ranch in Texas and handled firearms all of my life; but somehow, up until the age of 13, I had never suffered any injury to my ears. However, at about the age of 13, I received my first Marlin 30.30 lever action rifle, which I immediately cleaned and took out to our gun range to break it in.

I don't know what it was — bizarre acoustics, an oddly-loaded cartridge maybe — but the first shot out of the Marlin was like a concussion grenade. Ruptured both of my eardrums on the first shot. I was deaf for the rest of the day, had horrible headaches for about a week, and my hearing never returned to normal.

Instead, I was rewarded with perpetual tinnitus in two different tones — a different tone in each ear. I haven't known true silence for the last 36 years. The whining, ringing din is constant, 24-7-365.

However, many years after my accident, one day I was out on the fenceline and realized that I could hear (and feel) these very deep, rhythmic, rumbling vibrations coming from... well, I didn't know. I thought maybe it was very distant thunder at first, but it was too rhythmic for that. Finally, after about 5 minutes of listening to this noise growing louder, I saw my brother coming over the hill about a mile away in his pickup truck.

Sure enough, as the truck drew nearer, the rumble grew louder and louder until my head was positively vibrating. This was really puzzling to me, because it suggested that I had initially heard (and felt) the truck engine revving from a considerable distance, maybe 3 or 4 miles away.

Over the years that followed, I came to accept the fact that I had lost my ultrasonic hearing and a portion of my normal-range hearing, but that I could now hear very low frequency noises (such as internal combustion engines and industrial sounds) at extraordinary distances. I found that I could even identify the make and model of automobiles that only came into view another five minutes later, based on the rhythmic rumbling of their engines.

On the extreme end of my VLF ability, I've heard/felt seismic rumblings of minor quakes up to about 300 miles away, and on a couple of occasions I've heard/felt tornado activity up to about 100 miles away, more than an hour before the heavy weather threatened my area.

I've always wanted to take my VLF ability out to the Four Corners area of the American Southwest, where I've heard there is some sort of mystery low frequency rumble that troubles the locals on occasion. Haven't made it to that locale just yet, am looking forward to it.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I used to hear more things in that range Doc. \

I assure people, what I have is not tinnitis.
My husband thought that, so I started pointing out the things that were causing it. There are only so many times I can point out an electric fence, or a mouse repeller, or a cell tower, or a security system, find a piece of electronics that is malfunctioning, etc before it becomes pretty apparent that it isn't tinnitis.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

I think the eye thing your referring to was mentioned on an episode of family guy I believe. I also see specks floating around, sometimes in larger numbers than other but I think its on the outer layer of the eye. Has to be liquid or maybe microorganisms.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
good post.

With all the RF waves passing through and around us, it's no wonder that there are some frequencies we can actually "hear".

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
That's funny I used to think maybe there was something wrong with me.
I would walk by a computer room or one with alot of other electronics in it and I could feel that they were on. It was kind of like a tingling in my head and arms. Ofcourse we also have to remember that we actually create electricity in our bodies when we think and move. This is really interesting and I wish I knew more on the subject.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I have an unusual range of hearing too, despite having my hearing damaged when I was a kid because of constant ear infections.

It is the most ANNOYING sound, I could be trying to sleep and I hear this sound constantly.

I want one night where I can sleep without this constant sound.

The frequencies some of us hear are just because of sensitive/great hearing

Also, the quietest it has ever gotten in my house is with ALL appliances unplugged.

I vote we all invent something that stops you from hearing this when you put it on!

[edit on 22-4-2009 by ShoopDaWhoop]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Here is the Wiki reference on Tinnitus

"Tinnitus ,[1] from the Latin word tinnītus meaning "ringing"[2]) is the perception of sound within the human ear in the absence of corresponding external sound.

Tinnitus can be perceived in one or both ears or in the head. It is usually described as a ringing noise, but in some patients it takes the form of a high pitched whining, buzzing, hissing, screaming, humming, or whistling sound, or as ticking, clicking, roaring, "crickets" or "tree frogs" or "locusts", tunes, songs, or beeping.[3] It has also been described as a "wooshing" sound, as of wind or waves.[4]. Tinnitus can be intermittent or it can be continuous. In the latter case, this "phantom" sound can create great distress in the sufferer.

Tinnitus is not itself a disease but a symptom resulting from a range of underlying causes. Causes include ear infections, foreign objects or wax in the ear, nose allergies that prevent (or induce) fluid drain and cause wax build-up, and injury from loud noises. Tinnitus is also a side-effect of some oral medications, such as aspirin, and may also result from an abnormally low level of serotonin activity. It is also a classical side effect of Quinidine, a Class IA anti-arrhythmic. In many cases, however, no underlying physical cause can be identified.

The sound perceived may range from a quiet background noise to one that can be heard even over loud external sounds. The term "tinnitus" usually refers to more severe cases. Heller and Bergman (1953) conducted a study of 80 tinnitus-free university students placed in an anechoic chamber and found that 93% reported hearing a buzzing, pulsing or whistling sound. Cohort studies have demonstrated that damage to hearing (among other health effects) from unnatural levels of noise exposure is very widespread in industrialized countries.[5]

Because tinnitus is often defined as a subjective phenomenon, it is difficult to measure using objective tests, such as by comparison with noise of known frequency and intensity, as in an audiometric test. The condition is often rated clinically on a simple scale from "slight" to "catastrophic" according to the practical difficulties it imposes, such as interference with sleep, quiet activities, and normal daily activities.[6] For research purposes, the more elaborate Tinnitus Handicap Inventory is often used."

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
At 19.5 KHZ I can't hear anything?

Does this mean I have really bad hearing!?!

I always thought I had good hearing, but it seems everyone else can hear beyond that......

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

I hear frequencies all the time, all day. They eminate from moving objects, televisions, radios, the mouths of living beings, etc...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Sometimes, when trying to sleep, I can hear frequencies at the 12.5 level. Since coming to ATS, I just figured it was some sort of signal being radiated by our military.........

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl
I hear the high pitched squeal constantly (like right now while I"m typing). I have moved my electronics (we have LOTS) and unplugged loads of stuff. Then, one day early this week, the power went off. Immediately I listen......I can still hear it!! I have no idea what it is, but it's omni-present and very annoying.

Thanks, Hula, for the links. I'll be trying them soon.

Looking forward to more input here.

do you hear it if you go to non-urban areas?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join