It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smith: 60,000 in training to deal with terror attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Civilian force of 60000 in UK to prevent further terrorist attacks

I'm not sure whether there's a thread on this topic already, but I just read this in an article published in the Guardian. The link is www.guardian.co.uk...

Jacqui Smith, the home secretary, yesterday pledged to end the "secret, behind closed doors" approach to tackling terrorism as the government prepared to launch a fresh strategy this week. A new 60,000-strong civilian force, including security guards at shopping centres and hotel workers, will be hailed as one of the most important instruments in confronting the terrorist threat. [...] "We're clear that if we're going to address the threat from terrorism, we need to do that alongside the 60,000 people that we're now training up to respond to a terrorist threat, in everywhere from our shopping centres to our hotels.

In the article, Gordon Brown is quoted saying:

"The approach we are taking tackles the immediate threat through the relentless pursuit of terrorists and disruption of their plots, builds up our defences against attacks and our resilience to deal with them, and addresses the longer term causes - understanding what leads people to become radicalised, so we can stop the process."

I think this is pretty scary and I do not believe that this will prevent any further terrorist attacks from happening. It kinda reminds me of Nazi Germany. What do you guys think?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Matter

It kinda reminds me of Nazi Germany. What do you guys think?

Yes, I agree. Be a good citizen and turn in your neighbor. What is crazy is that with all this talk of terrorism, prevention of terrorism, terror alerts, protection from terrorism, war on terrorism.... I find myself much more afraid of what our governments have in store for us than what the terrorists are planning.

It is a crappy time when you can't trust anything.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Matter

Sounds like our Clinton administration program, Communitarianism.
Watch the video.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Yes, I agree. Be a good citizen and turn in your neighbor. What is crazy is that with all this talk of terrorism, prevention of terrorism, terror alerts, protection from terrorism, war on terrorism.... I find myself much more afraid of what our governments have in store for us than what the terrorists are planning.

Yup, me too. Especially since I am not convinced that Al-Qaida has been behind any of the attacks, not to mention whether there is something like an Al-Qaida network. Isn't it possible that Governments would stage false flag operations to create an apparent threat, so that they are able to pass laws and do things that otherwise would not have been possible? Like the U.S. passing the Patriot Act or invading Iraq? And it possibly also allows a government to keep it's citizens under a tighter grip.

Nobody is supposed to trust anyone anymore. What a great world to live in!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

That's creepy...

AND ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Here I am...walkin in the mall...eating an ice cream cone and carrying a bag thats got brand new Nikes in them when out of nowhere , some 18 year old Obama guard comes flying off the top of the Sunglass Hut and tackles me into the nearby Macys covering me in chocolate dipped ice cream sundae yelling at me to put the device away or I will get a cap in my dome.

That was my first thought when I read this post.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Trust me from someone who has lived it, if your monitored 24/7 your life is a nighmare, you cannot do anything, and they decide who you talk too, which is absolute crazy.

Once you start being monitored by these fookers, they will never leave you alone, and its like a life sentence.

Just be careful who you speak too in life and if you upset them in some way, they may be vindictive enough to get you put on these lists, and then your life is [upset] orever.

replaced censor circumvention

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/3/09 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Trust me from someone who has lived it, if your monitored 24/7 your life is a nighmare, you cannot do anything, and they decide who you talk too, which is absolute crazy.

I would be interested to hear about your experiences. In what way were you involved?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
watch your backs if you had people hating you at school people, as they may put you on this list and you have and never will do anything wrong. These things are for crazy murderers to get there wish of killing people going.

Just imagine how many vendettas these things will lead to in the future. Pure scum people getting in jack boot positions.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matter

I would be interested to hear about your experiences. In what way were you involved?

I walked into being monitored while i was doing my alevels at school in 1992. One day something totally innocent happened, and i found i was being monitored then, and till this day still am. I am not going to get into personal details, but it was like they investigated me while i was in 1st year of th form, and giving details of my life to people to ridicule me, and they tried to force me to leave school. I left eventually, and have never been able to go to any work, without a clown from that school coming to my job wrecking my life.

My family know i am being monitored 24/7, and its been like that since 1992. I am very fortunate as they wanted to set me up and put me in jail, and all that, but time has proved me right, and at last some are on my side now, even though these scum make sure i cannot talk to anyone.

But trust me, like what happened to me, you can be put on this list for nothing other than vendettas while at school. I will not go into it all, but living with being monitored made my life hell, and could not do anything which you guys normally think of as normal.

Trust me it is hell living with this stuff, nd any innocent person who has to go through what i went through, i feel for. But boy should these people be in prison for what they did to me, but society prefers scum over innocent people, so thats there choice, and they are welcome to it.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

wow, i'm really sorry about that. that seems like hell!

is there no way of getting to the bottom of this, finding out who is responsible for this, who is involved? is this an organization or just random individuals?

and would the term gang stalking apply to this case?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Sounds to me like typical UK Government spin.
more like 60, 000 private army to watch out for the British public rioters when total economic collapse occurs.
Seems like they can do what they like now by coating it in brown smelly stuff and calling it "terrorism."

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

andy1033, same thing is happening to me too. It started four years ago and it is 24/7. Police are involved, neighbours are brought into it and co-workers are encouraged to join in the stalking. I even had a colleague follow me around our offices and was it absolutely ridiculous. After a few days others noticed it and commented on it. I took the opportunity to ridicule him and accused him of being an infatuated homosexual and the chap acted as if he could not open his mouth until he burst out that he could not stand it! Another chap jumped up and told him to shut up and he was getting paid so should lump it.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

A new 60,000-strong civilian force

The important thing is that they work in the public sector. Heaven forbid that the money spent on this project were used to create jobs in the private sector. That would be wrong.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Matter

Sure they'll stop terrorists only problem the terrorists will be innocent civilians deciding to stand up for the rights they're quickly losing.

top topics

join