It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Should be Punished...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The following is quoted from the ATS Terms and Conditions:

"By using this message board, you agree to the following:

1.) You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

2.) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

12.) You agree not to cultivate the membership of the AboveTopSecret.com discussion board for the sending of private messages (board U2U or e-mail) for the purposes of marketing, MASS MAILING, or recruitment for other groups (offline or online) such as activist groups or other online discussion board websites.

13.) You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any forums nor disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding"). You will also not create threads or post messages announcing your departure from the board unless approved by me.

Violation of any aspect of the Terms and Conditions of use are subject to our Actions for general abuse and violations. Or, in extreme cases, immediate banning of your username and IP from the discussion board. In all disputes, the decisions of myself and administrative staff are final.

Lastly, and most important, this is a privately owned discussion board community. The administration and senior moderator staff reserve the right to take action against any member who is deemed to be devoted purely to disruption. This action may include complete banning of your username and IP address. "

I feel that the user "5" meets the criteria stated above, and that action should be taken against him. I personally take offense to him "spamming" the U2U message system, directing chaos throughout the board. I read about him threatening other users, and that is very frustrating as well. This should not be tolerated.

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
He has been warned and we are keeping a very close eye on him believe me.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
That is good to hear. I don't feel that his actions are justified in any way, and that repercussions are inevitable, whether they come from the "admin" or "users". I'll be watching him also...and that is something no one wants...

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
That is good to hear. I don't feel that his actions are justified in any way, and that repercussions are inevitable, whether they come from the "admin" or "users". I'll be watching him also...and that is something no one wants...

Mr. M

Hey dude just dont take matters into your own hands O.K?

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Don't worry about me. I know where to draw the line.

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I hope so.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Trust me, Drunk. When have I ever got out of line?

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Trust me, Drunk. When have I ever got out of line?

Mr. M

You really wanna know??

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Sure, why not. Hit me...

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Well remember when you and COOLHAND were hitting another member in 1 of the military forums this about 2-3 months ago i'll try and find the thread.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
That was absolutely justified, man. He was asking for it, and refused to comply with my requests. I didn't immediately get in his face. Over time, as he continued to disrespect me, it escalated, but it never got "out of hand".

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   

That was absolutely justified, man. He was asking for it, and refused to comply with my requests. I didn't immediately get in his face. Over time, as he continued to disrespect me, it escalated, but it never got "out of hand".

Mr. M

Justified between you yeah but there were complaints from other members about it.

Burt anyway that all over now cos that member is banned.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Yeah, man, it's all good. I wouldn't have made a fuss if there wasn't a logical explanation for my actions, you know?

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
what, you mean that whole 5 business wasn't more stuff about that find the rings garbage?

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
No, unfortunately not. He/her is believed by many to be a hoax, seeking attention through spamming ATS with disinformation. Sorry if he mislead you. That was his intention.

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
You gotta be kidding me.

We try to expose someone for being a fraud and we get complaints about it and attention from above? I'm sorry, we were just trying to deny ignorance which is the motto of the site.

I have had far worse done to me with no action being taken from above.

No offense drunk, but if that is the worst that you have on Starchild then I think you owe him an apology.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
5 has been warned, and is this close ----||---- to being banned.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
5 has been warned, and is this close ----||---- to being banned.

I am curious as to what the record is for quickest time from sign up to banning? Does 5 have a chance to beat that?

Can one of the Mods provide that answer?

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
No, we've had spammers sign-up and start posting their URL's in the forums and get banned within 1-2 hours. In a case such as that, only a handfull of members ever see what happened.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

No offense drunk, but if that is the worst that you have on Starchild then I think you owe him an apology.

Oh so theres more is there?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join